Covering CPU cutout on Motherboard tray?

logikgear

Hey fokes, I'm trying to come up with a way to mount one or two SSDs to the back of my mother board tray. I have mocked up a plate that covers the cutout on the motherboard tray for the CPU. I know the cutout is there to have access to the back of the cooler mount. My question is. Will covering that cutout cause any problems?  I'm using a Corsair C70 Vengence case.

I plan to make the final panel from steal or plastic.  Thanks for the help.

Pictures of Mock-up

IMG_20150606_090939_zpsyw86tmmi.jpg

IMG_20150606_091017_zpsidlisnly.jpg

As long as the metal doesn't touch the motherboard there will be no issues. 

-SNIP-

No problems really, you can also mount them lower using double side tape as it seems you have a fair amount of space behind the motherboard tray.

As long as the metal doesn't touch the motherboard there will be no issues.

I decided to use a piece of lexan. Picked some up from the hardware store today. But it's not even close. The motherboard is on really tall stands. I'm also mounting the lexan to some sort motherboard stand that I screwed into the tray.

No problems really, you can also mount them lower using double side tape as it seems you have a fair amount of space behind the motherboard tray.

I was thinking about that but something about using hook and loop to mount something like that freaks me out. Even thought I have seen many builds that have done it.

I was thinking about that but something about using hook and loop to mount something like that freaks me out. Even thought I have seen many builds that have done it.

For a HDD it's best to probably screw it into a plate and Velcro it in or use 3M dual lock that stuff is like Velcro on steroids.

For a HDD it's best to probably screw it into a plate and Velcro it in or use 3M dual lock that stuff is like Velcro on steroids.

Yeah, my HDD is kinda leaning against the side of my case, kinda held on by 1 1" square of 3M dual lock

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

All done. Came out pretty good

Used low profile motherboard stands.

IMG_20150606_205136_zpswudwc2lh.jpg

All mounted up. Room for two.

IMG_20150606_205627_zpsrvd3yozz.jpg