I need help choosing part for my new build.

Go to solution Solved by Pcinacan,

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/pTcXqs     this can hande games for a log time BUT for 900 but that is your best bet 

I was just wondering if someone could help me choose some parts for my new build, I am very keen on playing Elder Scrolls: Online and Battlefield Hardline but am also want to future proof my build. Could someone help that would be great

I was just wondering if someone could help me choose some parts for my new build, I am very keen on playing Elder Scrolls: Online and Battlefield Hardline but am also want to future proof my build. Could someone help that would be great . (Budget: $400)

Well 400 can not do much of anything I If you want to future proof it the least should be arond $800

CPUFX 8320, Motherboard ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 Socket AM3+ AMD, RAM g.skill ripjaws x series (2x8gb), GPUstrix gtx 970, Storage 500gb + 500gb + 250 ssd, PSU EVGA 600w B 80 PLUS BRONZE, Display(s) ASUS VG248QE 24"+ Hisense 24" + Vizio 24", Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, PC Part Picker  http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LFxQ23

maybe save up a bit hit the sweet spot at 800 to 1500 $ for the game you will play. 400 is NOT a good price for a future proof pc 

That is a very low budget, your best play would be; getting used parts

$400 in what currency? And do you need peripherals? 

CPU: i5 6600k OCed to 4.5Ghz @ 1.35v, GPU: R9 390 Nitro, Motherboard: Asus z170-A, CPU Cooler: H100i GTX, RAM: HyperX 2x8 16gb DDR4, PSU: Seasonic x650, Storage: 850 EVO 500gb, WD 1tb blue, Case: H440 White/Black

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/pTcXqs     this can hande games for a log time BUT for 900 but that is your best bet 

CPUFX 8320, Motherboard ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 Socket AM3+ AMD, RAM g.skill ripjaws x series (2x8gb), GPUstrix gtx 970, Storage 500gb + 500gb + 250 ssd, PSU EVGA 600w B 80 PLUS BRONZE, Display(s) ASUS VG248QE 24"+ Hisense 24" + Vizio 24", Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, PC Part Picker  http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LFxQ23

Well do your own scrap yard wars, thats your best option is being a super good cregs list shopper. 

I run my own indie game company called Color Dragon Studios where we are currently making a 2d platformer game called Small Earth.

This is about the minimum I would get, Leaves soom room for upgrades and beefier processor..

CPU: Intel Core i3-4160 3.6GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($108.99 @ NCIX US) 
Motherboard: ASRock Z97M Anniversary Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($74.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: Asus Radeon R9 270 2GB DirectCU II Video Card  ($139.99 @ NCIX US) 
Case: Zalman Z5 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($22.99 @ NCIX US) 
Total: $471.44
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-06-04 16:50 EDT-0400

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

Well 400 can not do much of anything I If you want to future proof it the least should be arond $800

What could I get for $800?

$400 in what currency? And do you need peripherals?

$400 Australian, an I don't think I need peripheral.

maybe save up a bit hit the sweet spot at 800 to 1500 $ for the game you will play. 400 is NOT a good price for a future proof pc

How about just to play Elder Scrolls: Online?

That is a very low budget, your best play would be; getting used parts

Where can I get used parts in Australia?

What could I get for $800?

This http://pcpartpicker.com/p/pTcXqs

This is about the minimum I would get, Leaves soom room for upgrades and beefier processor..

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i3-4160 3.6GHz Dual-Core Processor ($108.99 @ NCIX US)

Motherboard: ASRock Z97M Anniversary Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($74.99 @ Newegg)

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($49.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Hitachi Deskstar 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($42.50 @ Amazon)

Video Card: Asus Radeon R9 270 2GB DirectCU II Video Card ($139.99 @ NCIX US)

Case: Zalman Z5 ATX Mid Tower Case ($22.99 @ NCIX US)

Power Supply: Thermaltake SMART 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($39.99 @ Newegg)

Total: $471.44

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-06-04 16:50 EDT-0400

How often would I have to uprgrade my GPU?

Well do your own scrap yard wars, thats your best option is being a super good cregs list shopper.

But isn't buying used a risk?

How often would I have to uprgrade my GPU?

As often as you felt necessary, some people could go 3 -4 years on that others would want to upgrade every year or 2..

BTW the main difference between the build I posted and the others is the i5.. the GPU is about the same performance, there is no need for as expensive of a case and at $40 that TT PSU is hard toi beat.. 

There is something to be said for a sabretooth at that price but your on a budget of $400 and there is something to be said for going to a 970 and adding in an ssd.. I spec'd the minimum that will get you gaming at decent frames in most games... Upgrade the GPU when you feel you need and the CPU, you can pick up a used haswell refresh(4690 or 4790) for cheap in 2 or 3 years maybe. You can also add in a SSD when you can afford it.

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

But isn't buying used a risk?

Yes, but just be careful and have the people selling it to you test it first. 

I run my own indie game company called Color Dragon Studios where we are currently making a 2d platformer game called Small Earth.