Ultrawide monitor

Mrxavi1991

Hi!

I was thinking of buying an ultrawide 2560x1080 monitor to replace my corrent 1920x1080 one, but i was wandering if it is a good ideia or not... will i loose to much fps because of the dimensions?

I was thinking of selling my corrent one for 100€ to my brother and purchasing an LG 25UM55-P 25 LED IPS for 160€.

What should i do?

Here is my rig:

AMD FX 9370 4.60Ghz, Gigabyte GTX 770 2GB (no OC), 16GB ram 1600mhz, 1tb hdd WD blue, and 240gb ssd samsung 840 evo, Corsair h80i and a ASUS M5A97 R2.0 mobo.

Sorry for my inglish xD

Congrats!

You wont loose too much fps but I'm not sure if your Vram will hold up

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

Your English was pretty good up until "inglish" xD

A 770 will struggle a bit at that res in AAA games. The 2GB vRAM will become an issue in some. In general, the monitor is a good upgrade, but you may want to consider upgrading your GPU at some point too. 

Your English was pretty good up until "inglish" xD

A 770 will struggle a bit at that res in AAA games. The 2GB vRAM will become an issue in some. In general, the monitor is a good upgrade, but you may want to consider upgrading your GPU at some point too. 

English xD sorry xD

Yes, i was thinking of selling my GPU to be able to buy a GTX 970, or a AMD R9 290X. Still don´t witch of them to buy...

if then i bought one of those with the 4gb vram then i would be up and running?

My PSU is a XFX 850w XXX so i believe i could run the r9 290x no prob...?

English xD sorry xD

Yes, i was thinking of selling my GPU to be able to buy a GTX 970, or a AMD R9 290X. Still don´t witch of them to buy...

if then i bought one of those with the 4gb vram then i would be up and running?

My PSU is a XFX 850w XXX so i believe i could run the r9 290x no prob...?

The 970 is the better of the two overall. The 290X performs a little better I think, but the lower heat, power draw and overclocking of the 970 is worth it. 

Either of them will do well at that res though. You have more than enough power for either of them, even two of them. 

Thanks!

I think i am going to make the monitor deal in a week or two 

And maybe by the end of summer (I am from Portugal xD) i have the money for the graphic´s card upgrade 

if i could sell the 770 for 200€ then i would only need 130€ to a 970 i think

Thanks!

I think i am going to make the monitor deal in a week or two 

And maybe by the end of summer (I am from Portugal xD) i have the money for the graphic´s card upgrade 

if i could sell the 770 for 200€ then i would only need 130€ to a 970 i think

MSI makes a 4gig 960 if you wanna save a few bucks that way.

CPU: Intel 5930k cooled by H110i GT Mobo: MSI X99S XPower AC RAM: 32GB Dominator Platinum 2800mhz GPU: 2x MSi Lightning 290x SSD: 512GB 850 Pro HDD: 4&2TB WD Black PSU: Corsair AX1500i Case: Corsair 900D Monitor: 3xVG248QE  Keyboard: Logitech G910 Orion Spark  Mouse: Logitech G700s  Headset: Astro A50

I like chocolate milk.

MSI makes a 4gig 960 if you wanna save a few bucks that way.

i know, but then it would end up being kind of a downgrade in performance, compared to my 770...

Something that i want to wait and see is the who will DX12 influence in sli and crossfire configs, i think only then i will know for sure what to do xD

avoid the 25" widescreens... they are VERY small and WILL be a disappointment...

29" is the smallest you want for a widescreen

thats said... 21:9 gaming > all