Low hash rate on 7970

As a previous Bitcoin miner moving to Litecoin, I have to say, many things confuse me. Although googling has fixed many of my problems, I still can't get my hash rate up.  Why can I average 690 MH/s on Bitcoin, but can barely get 525 KH/s on Litecoin? By my research, a 7970 should at least get 600 KH/s at stock settings. 

Any advice would be appreciated. 

LLNktDD.jpg

What brand of card is it if I may ask? http://litecoin.info/Mining_Hardware_Comparison shows some good settings you could try out with your 7970. unlike bitcoin mining where the Memory Clock is not really needed to have a high hashrate it is quite important for Litecoin mining and on this website you will see a lot of higher Memory Clock speeds giving higher numbers.

Try increasing your Memory clock speed on your current setup or decrease your core speed and see if that helps.

What brand of card is it if I may ask? http://litecoin.info/Mining_Hardware_Comparison shows some good settings you could try out with your 7970. unlike bitcoin mining where the Memory Clock is not really needed to have a high hashrate it is quite important for Litecoin mining and on this website you will see a lot of higher Memory Clock speeds giving higher numbers.

Try increasing your Memory clock speed on your current setup or decrease your core speed and see if that helps.

I have pushed the memory up to 1900 MHz, and that seems stable. I kept the core clock at 1050 MHz. Now I am up to 592 KH/s. This is a MSI Reference card with a Artic Xtreme cooler to keep the noise and temp in check. 

Is there anything else I should try to increase my mining power? 

For extra flags try:--lookup-gap 2 --shaders 2048

See if that helps you at all.

I would also try adjusting your Intensity, as well as the Thread Concurrency.

I-13 is great if you're fully using the computer while its mining, but when you're NOT mining, you can push that up, possibly right up to I-20. It'll make your computer pretty much unusable, but it should push your Khash/s rate up even higher.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Try these settings.

1075 core

1750 mem

thread concurrency 11264

gpu threads 2

intensity 13

And personally I'd advise against using a GUI miner. They really lack the finesse required for in-depth tweaking and testing. Even though it's running just as a shell for an actual miner, it limits a lot of things.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

Try -g 2 as advise above, try to use cgminer is a better and more customizable/tweakable.

Looking around,

bla bla bla this, meh that!