Check out my setup! 3930k - 2x GTX Titan - Water Cooled - Triple Monitor

Cacao

GTX Titans are not for gaming. You sir have wasted alot of money. GTX 770 is your best bet right now. Also gaming and three monitors is dumb and doesn't really do anything but drop your FPS. Single monitor should be used for gaming and 2 or 3 for productivity. The day I use all my monitors for gaming is the day I buy a Xbox One.

GTX Titans are not for gaming. You sir have wasted alot of money. GTX 770 is your best bet right now. Also gaming and three monitors is dumb and doesn't really do anything but drop your FPS. Single monitor should be used for gaming and 2 or 3 for productivity. The day I use all my monitors for gaming is the day I buy a Xbox One.

Who says I won't do anything other than gaming? Just because you would do something differently doesn't make it dumb and a waste of money, this setup is perfect for me and my needs. Anyway, thanks for your input.

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

I would've done that, but I actually bought the cards not much after the titan released and the 780 wasn't out yet.

Hehe, I had the same situation. :D

Ah well, since I will be mostly computing instead of gaming it's still nice to have

double precision floating point capability, plus those extra CUDA cores may come in

handy as well.

Well it's not really private, I mean anyone can search for the parts and see for themselves. I don't have the whole thing calculated since half of it is from my old setup. A really rough estimate would be around 6,000-8,000$ (I bought almost everything in Switzerland, so the prices are a bit higher here).

Hehe, indeed our prices usually carry a noticeable markup. But it could be worse, I remember

reading from a Norwegian guy about how much a Titan would cost him and it was quite a bit more

expensive than it is for us if my memory serves right.

But the real question is: How much FPS do you get while playing Minecraft?

Pacman* :lol:

Who says I won't do anything other than gaming? Just because you would do something differently doesn't make it dumb and a waste of money, this setup is perfect for me and my needs. Anyway, thanks for your input.

Exactly. Spending lots of money is not automatically a waste of it. And hey, for some people

simply having something because you want it is reason enough for buying something. As long as

they can afford it I really don't see any reason for other people to start getting upset, it's

not their money after all (some would even argue that people buying expensive things is good

for the economy :D ).

Money is only wasted if there is regret after spending it. Anything else is just knowing your

personal priorities. At least IMHO. ;)

Oh yeah, almost forgot: Nice machine you got there. One suggestion: If it was mine I would

seriously consider adding a plate behind the window in the lower compartment so that the insides

of that part cannot be seen through the window. The PSU and the pump kind of stick out to me.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Money is only wasted if there is regret after spending it. Anything else is just knowing your

personal priorities. At least IMHO. ;)

Oh yeah, almost forgot: Nice machine you got there. One suggestion: If it was mine I would

seriously consider adding a plate behind the window in the lower compartment so that the insides

of that part cannot be seen through the window. The PSU and the pump kind of stick out to me.

i agree with you (and might wanna check belgium store prices it's absurd xD i don't even know why i just don't drive to germany for my parts, the difference is more then the gas money i spend xD)

i've got 2 680's and i'm not only gaming, i'm using video shit also (3930k for that reason as well :p) + i said many times before, i would buy a titan instead of a 780 just to say: i've got a titan b*tch :D

I7 3930K @4.4 GHz  /  Asus rampage 4 formula  / 4x 8gb kingston hyperx blue low profile / gtx 980  / 2x ssd 500gb samsung 840 / 500gb 840evo ssd   /  500 GB WD blue /  windows 7 ultimate
my build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/133477-750d-finished/

Thanks! I saw a lot of people covering up the bottom compartment and I was thinking about doing it. I'll see what I can do. Thanks for the feedback.

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A