G-Sync monitor on sale.... Is it a good deal?

http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_1195_700_1103&item_id=075298

So.... Canada computers has the AOC g-sync monitor for sale for 2 weeks. I can afford it, but is it a good deal? I don't like buying things if it's not a good deal. 

Anyone here has good knowledge of the Canadian market? :P Is there any chance of seeing better sales later this year? I know last year Boxing Day sales were really sad.

EDIT: If people want to suggest 144hz monitors that can be better deals than the G-sync monitors, you're most welcome. FYI, I play TF2, GTA V, Borderlands 2, Diablo 3 and similar stuff. So, one day I might be playing GTA V at 70ish FPS, the next day I'll play TF2 at 200+ FPS. This is why I was considering the g-sync monitor in the first place.

I would check it against other competitors, like best buy or some other company that might have it. 

Intel Core i5 4590Gigabyte GA-970 Ax4 4GB DDR3 Crucial Balistix SportGigabyte Windforce GTX 970 | 3 TB of HDD | Enermax CoenusEVGA 500 Watt 80 Plus | Windows 10 | Razer Black Widow Tournament EditionLogitech G502 Proteus Core | Audio Technica M50x | Tonor BM 700 Nikon D3400 

CompTIA A+ Certified

http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_1195_700_1103&item_id=075298

So.... Canada computers has the AOC g-sync monitor for sale for 2 weeks. I can afford it, but is it a good deal? I don't like buying things if it's not a good deal. 

Anyone here has good knowledge of the Canadian market? :P Is there any chance of seeing better sales later this year? I know last year Boxing Day sales were really sad.

Do the research.  Look at reviews and price changes over the past few months.

Its the cheapest g sync monitor you can get right now. Its a basic no frills monitor. But other then gynsc there's nothing special about it. Does screen tearing bother you enough to spend almost 200$ more compared to a non-gsync 144hz monitor? If yes then go for it.

I would check it against other competitors, like best buy or some other company that might have it. 

Unfortunately, Canada computers is the only retailer (among Bestbuy, Amazon and NCIX) in Canada that has it.

Heyyo,

For $500? It's pretty darn decent. 1920x1080 with 24" size at 144Hz refresh rate and G-Sync compatible. AOC is not a brand I'm familiar with but comes with a three year manufacturer warranty so at least they believe in their monitors.

So? For $500 yeah I'd say it's a sound investment.

The closest thing to it is this BenQ which costs over $100 CAD more.. better color reproduction is pretty much the only real difference.

http://www.ncix.com/detail/benq-xl2420g-24in-led-3d-71-101107-1538.htm

Heyyo,

My PC Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/sNPscf

My Android Phone: Exodus Android on my OnePlus One 64bit in Sandstone Black in a Ringke Fusion clear & slim protective case

Its the cheapest g sync monitor you can get right now. Its a basic no frills monitor. But other then gynsc there's nothing special about it. Does screen tearing bother you enough to spend almost 200$ more compared to a regualr 144hz monitor? If yes then go for it.

The thing is, I honestly have never experienced screen tearing in my life. Which I found rather strange... I've seen videos of monitors with screen tearing though.

I'm gonna buy a new monitor anyway. 144hz or a g-sync monitor. I  just thought the g-sync might be better because I play different games with widely different FPS (e.g. GTA V at 70 FPS, Borderlands 2 at 60 to 200 FPS, Team Fortress 2 at 200+ FPS, etc). Unless I'm wrong? 

Heyyo,

For $500? It's pretty darn decent. 1920x1080 with 24" size at 144Hz refresh rate and G-Sync compatible. AOC is not a brand I'm familiar with but comes with a three year manufacturer warranty so at least they believe in their monitors.

So? For $500 yeah I'd say it's a sound investment.

The closest thing to it is this BenQ which costs over $100 CAD more.. better color reproduction is pretty much the only real difference.

http://www.ncix.com/detail/benq-xl2420g-24in-led-3d-71-101107-1538.htm

Alright, thanks for the input.

I currently use an AOC 24" inch monitor. Got it for $99 on 2013 Boxing Day. Best deal ever. :D This same monitor never went below $120 on sale after that.

That BENQ one is on sale on Amazon.ca for $599... Would that be a better investment? 

Heyyo,

Alright, thanks for the input.

I currently use an AOC 24" inch monitor. Got it for $99 on 2013 Boxing Day. Best deal ever. :D This same monitor never went below $120 on sale after that.

That BENQ one is on sale on Amazon.ca for $599... Would that be a better investment?

Hmm, it's a tough call tbh... the BenQ does have better color reproduction according to their specifications sheet but both are TN panels so that won't make or break the deal... NCIX shows the BenQ has only one year manufacturer warranty yet their website says three years hmm... So that's a really tough bet without seeing each panel side by side for the color quality to see their temperature and accuracy.. so with that in mind? Eh, if you're happy with your current AOC monitor quality for color? Might be best to stick with AOC since you know what kind of quality it can produce because it'll be hard to tell if the color quality will be enough to justify an extra $100 CAD.

If you wish the colors were a little more vibrant? You could shell out the $100 CAD but it's up to you...

Btw, what is the model of your current AOC? Maybe the spec sheets on that will tell us if the color quality will be the exact same. Are you planning on selling your current AOC monitor? Because this upgrade for just G-SYNC is a little pricey for just one feature but that's just my brain talking.

Canada kind of sucks for G-Sync monitor availability compared to our neighbor in the south or UK. :P

That... or we need better websites lol. NCIX is missing the gsync filter meow and even beforehand it was missing some gsync monitors that they were selling.

[EDIT]

Oh fuck! Newegg.ca has a good price on this Acer XB270H tbh only an extra $130 CAD a big ass 27" ..

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009657

Heyyo,

My Android Phone: Exodus Android on my OnePlus One 64bit in Sandstone Black in a Ringke Fusion clear & slim protective case

Heyyo,

Hmm, it's a tough call tbh... the BenQ does have better color reproduction according to their specifications sheet but both are TN panels so that won't make or break the deal... NCIX shows the BenQ has only one year manufacturer warranty yet their website says three years hmm... So that's a really tough bet without seeing each panel side by side for the color quality to see their temperature and accuracy.. so with that in mind? Eh, if you're happy with your current AOC monitor quality for color? Might be best to stick with AOC since you know what kind of quality it can produce because it'll be hard to tell if the color quality will be enough to justify an extra $100 CAD.

If you wish the colors were a little more vibrant? You could shell out the $100 CAD but it's up to you...

Btw, what is the model of your current AOC? Maybe the spec sheets on that will tell us if the color quality will be the exact same. Are you planning on selling your current AOC monitor? Because this upgrade for just G-SYNC is a little pricey for just one feature but that's just my brain talking.

Canada kind of sucks for G-Sync monitor availability compared to our neighbor in the south or UK. :P

That... or we need better websites lol. NCIX is missing the gsync filter meow and even beforehand it was missing some gsync monitors that they were selling.

[EDIT]

Oh fuck! Newegg.ca has a good price on this Acer XB270H tbh only an extra $130 CAD a big ass 27" ..

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009657

Hmm... You make some good arguments.

I'm not really a big visual kinda guy. So far, my monitor has kept me satisfied in terms of color quality. Then again, I've never owned a really good monitor to compare against. I use the AOC E2425Swd.

I can't buy a 27" inch. Got no space for it. :( Thanks for pointing out that deal though.

And finally, I won't be selling my current monitor. I'll give it to my parents. They use a really old, big ass monitor from like the mid 2000s. They'll appreciate my thinner and space-efficient monitor. :)

Heyyo,

Hmm... You make some good arguments.

I'm not really a big visual kinda guy. So far, my monitor has kept me satisfied in terms of color quality. Then again, I've never owned a really good monitor to compare against. I use the AOC E2425Swd.

I can't buy a 27" inch. Got no space for it. :( Thanks for pointing out that deal though.

And finally, I won't be selling my current monitor. I'll give it to my parents. They use a really old, big ass monitor from like the mid 2000s. They'll appreciate my thinner and space-efficient monitor. :)

Ah no worries, I know it's not always easy to get the desk space. I myself rock an Asus VE278Q and is the first time I've seen a 27" gaming monitor and they are quite glorious though. Lots of viewing space.

People do give TN panels too much flak versus IPS or PLS tbh, my Asus monitor is a TN and the color quality is pretty damn good.

Old CRT monitors eh? Yeah I'm sure they'll like the bump in monitors to yours. Those big clunky things lol, I remember having a Dell gaming CRT where it split the screen into three parts to be able to push a 75Hz refresh at 1080P. It was badass... except you could totally see those spaces between the parts of the screen hahaha. :P

Also, working at Futureshop during the birth of the LCD? Man, everyone rejoiced at the lighter monitors and less storage space in our warehouse hehe. Albeit? Cheap LCDs did run rampant and had terrible ghosting issues... like, looked worse than when you get drunk in GTA IV kind of motion blur lol.

Anywho? Enjoy your new G-SYNC monitor amigo. I eventually plan on getting one someday... but I gotta get my gf to Canada and plan a marriage so... my money is accounted for in the next few years.

Heyyo,

Heyyo,

Ah no worries, I know it's not always easy to get the desk space. I myself rock an Asus VE278Q and is the first time I've seen a 27" gaming monitor and they are quite glorious though. Lots of viewing space.

People do give TN panels too much flak versus IPS or PLS tbh, my Asus monitor is a TN and the color quality is pretty damn good.

Old CRT monitors eh? Yeah I'm sure they'll like the bump in monitors to yours. Those big clunky things lol, I remember having a Dell gaming CRT where it split the screen into three parts to be able to push a 75Hz refresh at 1080P. It was badass... except you could totally see those spaces between the parts of the screen hahaha. :P

Also, working at Futureshop during the birth of the LCD? Man, everyone rejoiced at the lighter monitors and less storage space in our warehouse hehe. Albeit? Cheap LCDs did run rampant and had terrible ghosting issues... like, looked worse than when you get drunk in GTA IV kind of motion blur lol.

Anywho? Enjoy your new G-SYNC monitor amigo. I eventually plan on getting one someday... but I gotta get my gf to Canada and plan a marriage so... my money is accounted for in the next few years.

Wow, you and I seem to be in the same boat. I too have to get my gf to Canada and plan a marriage soon. X)

Anyway, thanks for the advice. I'll keep an eye out for this monitor. Maybe I can get it on Black Friday for cheaper? We'll see...