DualShock 4 europe vs U.S?

slayerming2

Hello

So I normally live in the U.S, but I'm currently abroad in Germany for the summer. So I've mostly being using my xbox 360 pc controller when I wana play games on my laptop with a controller. But I really want to upgrade to a dualshock 4. I tried a friends before a while back and Inputmapper seems to work pretty well. However it has being a few weeks and now I'm in Germany, I was going to go to my local mediamarkt or Saturn to pick up a dualshock 4. I'm just wondering is there anything different about the dualshock 4 there compared to the U.S? Like will inputmapper still work for a german dualshock4? Sorry just a bit parnoid now since I found out that blu rays from europe don't work on American devices.

Anyone have any experiences? 

All controls are the same no matter were you are in the world

Hello

So I normally live in the U.S, but I'm currently abroad in Germany for the summer. So I've mostly being using my xbox 360 pc controller when I wana play games on my laptop with a controller. But I really want to upgrade to a dualshock 4. I tried a friends before a while back and Inputmapper seems to work pretty well. However it has being a few weeks and now I'm in Germany, I was going to go to my local mediamarkt or Saturn to pick up a dualshock 4. I'm just wondering is there anything different about the dualshock 4 there compared to the U.S? Like will inputmapper still work for a german dualshock4? Sorry just a bit parnoid now since I found out that blu rays from europe don't work on American devices.

Anyone have any experiences? 

No different

blu rays are differnet because they are region locked, a controller will work the same

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

All controls are the same no matter were you are in the world

Okay so inputmapper should work the same than? Also is there any specific charger you would recommend? Sense I believe you can't plug it directly into the pc, and I don't have a ps4 either.

No different

blu rays are differnet because they are region locked, a controller will work the same

So all the features will be same? Haven't actually seen on in europe yet, but I assume everything is written in english as well? Any charger you would recommend for it?

So all the features will be same? Haven't actually seen on in europe yet, but I assume everything is written in english as well? Any charger you would recommend for it?

In England it is :P the German models manual might be in German no idea.. Europe is a big place haha

Charger? no idea, dont have a PS4 or controller (yet) I just use a 360 pad - or you could use an Xbox One pad instead of fucking around with the dualshock

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

In England it is :P the German models manual might be in German no idea.. Europe is a big place haha

Charger? no idea, dont have a PS4 or controller (yet) I just use a 360 pad - or you could use an Xbox One pad instead of fucking around with the dualshock

Yeah the overall design of the 360 controller is better by far, but the d-pad is just go awful.

Yeah the overall design of the 360 controller is better by far, but the d-pad is just go awful.

Meh I dont find it too bad, honestly never use it, the Xbox one dpad is better and is similar to the DS4 one (from my limited experiance)

Meh I dont find it too bad, honestly never use it, the Xbox one dpad is better and is similar to the DS4 one (from my limited experiance)

Yeah I use it a lot. And while the xbox one dpad is an improvement it isn't as good as the DS4, and it's structure isn't as good as the 360 was, imo.

Yeah I use it a lot. And while the xbox one dpad is an improvement it isn't as good as the DS4, and it's structure isn't as good as the 360 was, imo.

Fair enough, dont know many games that use the dpad outside of fighting games and I use a stick for those :D

but to answer your question the DS4 from any country will work fine

Also is there any specific charger you would recommend?

The DS4 uses micro USB to charge.  So if you have a spare phone charger lying around you can use that (I use my old Nokia charger to charge them).  Alternatively it should charge if connected via usb to your PC (I'm assuming anyway, if the DS3 does, I don't see why the DS4 wouldn't)

CPU Intel Core i7 7700K; Cooler Cryorig R1 Universal; MB Asus ROG Maximus IX Code; RAM G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz (4 x 8GB); GPU ASUS GTX 1080 Ti ROG Strix Gaming OC; Case Be Quiet Dark Base 900 Pro Silver; Storage Samsung 960 EVO 500GB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 4TB; PSU EVGA Supernova 850W G2; OS Windows 10; KB Corsair K70 (MX Brown); Audio O2 & ODAC, Sennheiser HD 600, Sennheiser RS 185, Swan M200MKIII; Monitors 2x Dell U2410

Previous Build

CPU Intel Core i5 4690K; Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212X; MB Asus Z97-A; RAM G.Skill Sniper (2 x 4GB); GPU 2x Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming (SLI); Case Corsair Obsidian 450D; Storage Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Black 1TB, Hitachi 750GB; PSU EVGA Supernova 750W G2; OS Windows 10; 

The DS4 uses micro USB to charge. So if you have a spare phone charger lying around you can use that (I use my old Nokia charger to charge them). Alternatively it should charge if connected via usb to your PC (I'm assuming anyway, if the DS3 does, I don't see why the DS4 wouldn't)

This is correct.

Fair enough, dont know many games that use the dpad outside of fighting games and I use a stick for those :D

but to answer your question the DS4 from any country will work fine

Getting it mostly for Dark Souls... But yeah thanks a ton for your help!

The DS4 uses micro USB to charge.  So if you have a spare phone charger lying around you can use that (I use my old Nokia charger to charge them).  Alternatively it should charge if connected via usb to your PC (I'm assuming anyway, if the DS3 does, I don't see why the DS4 wouldn't)

Alrighty, thanks for the help!