Graphics card dillema

Theonelemon

I have had TWO Gtx970 G1 gaming arrive to my house now with absolutely insane coil whine/buzz. My question is, should I keep returning and getting a new one for it to work or should I go for a different card? If you think I should go for a different card please recommend one that is quiet. 

I personally would go with one, more powerful card. The GTX 980 ti was just launched and that card looks very promising, as long as you have the cooling, all cards should be quiet.

I personally would go with one, more powerful card. The GTX 980 ti was just launched and that card looks very promising, as long as you have the cooling, all cards should be quiet.

I would like a more powerful card however, I have spent 4000 SEK (450$) for this gtx970 since i am in Sweden and spending more would probably be an issue unless it wasnt by much. Do you have any specific recommendation? I also woulnt mind downgrading to like a 960 if it has any benefit other than money back.

I would like a more powerful card however, I have spent 4000 SEK (450$) for this gtx970 since i am in Sweden and spending more would probably be an issue unless it wasnt by much. Do you have any specific recommendation?

Well, you could sell the card, and get the same GTX 970, but a different brand. Such as getting a Gigabyte windforce GTX 970, such as this one here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125684&cm_re=gtx_970-_-14-125-684-_-Product

Well, you could sell the card, and get the same GTX 970, but a different brand. Such as getting a Gigabyte windforce GTX 970, such as this one here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125684&cm_re=gtx_970-_-14-125-684-_-Product

Psst: NewEgg is North America only, doesnt ship to Sweden.

I would like a more powerful card however, I have spent 4000 SEK (450$) for this gtx970 since i am in Sweden and spending more would probably be an issue unless it wasnt by much. Do you have any specific recommendation? I also woulnt mind downgrading to like a 960 if it has any benefit other than money back.

If you dont mind losing major performance, get the 960 and cash back. Otherwise, return both and get the 980ti for around the same price.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

That link wasn't meant for him to buy it from there, i even said "Such as this one" not "buy this one". I suppose i didn't make it clear enough but it was just an example of the card.

If you dont mind losing major performance, get the 960 and cash back. Otherwise, return both and get the 980ti for around the same price.

I have heard that a single 970 out-performs SLI GTX960s, is that true? If it is I will keep this 970. I have ruled out getting a 290x since I will be using 1080p for a long time to come. Are there any other models of the 970 that may have less problems and are instock here so i can make a quick exchange? - http://www.inet.se/produkt/5411297/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-970-gaming-g1#/recensioner

Oh yea I still have the return on the graphics card so i will not need to sell it, just return/swap

I have heard that a single 970 out-performs SLI GTX960s, is that true? If it is I will keep this 970. I have ruled out getting a 290x since I will be using 1080p for a long time to come. Are there any other models of the 970 that may have less problems and are instock here so i can make a quick exchange? - http://www.inet.se/produkt/5411297/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-970-gaming-g1#/recensioner

Oh yea I still have the return on the graphics card so i will not need to sell it, just return/swap

SLI 960's comes close to a 980. I've only owned MSI and stock nVidia 970's and they both has 0 issues.

SLI 960's comes close to a 980. I've only owned MSI and stock nVidia 970's and they both has 0 issues.

Do you believe that I have just been very unlucky? If you say the word, I will just replace this G1 GTX970 for a new one. This would be an easy decision if I didnt need to drive 1 hour to get to the store. Can you recommend me other solutions or shall i just get a replace and hope for the best? Maybe they can try it at the store to see if it works?

Do you believe that I have just been very unlucky? If you say the word, I will just replace this G1 GTX970 for a new one. This would be an easy decision if I didnt need to drive 1 hour to get to the store. Can you recommend me other solutions or shall i just get a replace and hope for the best? Maybe they can try it at the store to see if it works?

Do whatever works best for you. Thats the best advice I can give. 

If the whine is bad, get a replacement or return it and get something else.

Do whatever works best for you. Thats the best advice I can give. 

If the whine is bad, get a replacement or return it and get something else.

it whines like hell on idle, I need to replace that :c