Whats with all the intel hype?

Good point I did OC my 8370... HOWEVER theres an advantage there because amd motherboards tend to be cheaper for better options... 

its on record a 5 ghz fx 9590 will bottle neck mid range cards like the gtx 970 and the r9 290 in games that are cpu intensive. plain and simple. its a great server/editing chip and it should have stayed that way. 

CPU: I7 8700k @ 5ghz | Motherboard: Asus Z370-Prime | RAM: White Crucial balistix DDR4 2133mhz | GPU: GTX 1080TI | Storage: ssd HyperX 240gig, 2x2tb seagate Firecuda 1tb, BPX 480 gig nvme, 1tb sandisk ssd  | Cooling: Custom loop | PSU: Evga supernova 850w G2 | Case: Phanteks enthoo evolv atx black White modded | system theme: White/RGB/Weiss

Well its been proven that intel beats out amd in almost everything but price.

In most gaming benchmarks the i5 will be ahead of any of the fx series.

The one part where price:performance is better on AMD is rendering because quite often it'll pull ahead of the i5. 

On the other hand, lets take into consideration that the i5 draws about half the power of the FX6350 or 8****, not to mention at all the 9****.

Ofcourse it's possible to throw the i7 with hyperthreading into it too but then price:performance won't be fair. Althrough at the same time, the lower power draw would balance things out after a few months of heavy use..

The AMD Phenom 2 x4 days are long gone and since then AMD's been making rubbish, which is a shame because these head to head wars (similar to AMD vs Nvidia) are very interesting when there's competition.

Leave the benchmarks and test both in real time operations . like gaming for 3 hours and rendering videos , overclock-ability , stability , temperatures ,power consumption, upgrade-ability

AMD is actually lying about Core. they split one core into 2 and said 8 cores where i5 have 4 actual cores thats why when it comes to real life operations  AMD falls .  

Gaming Rig: Asus Maximus VII Ranger - Core i7 4790K - Corsair H100i - Corsair vengeance 16 GBs ( @2133) - Asus GTX 980 - Intel SSD 730 (480 GBs) - Seagate Barracuda 3 TB - CM Cosmos SE - Corsair AX 760i 

Bugout Laptop: Dell E6430 - i5 3340M - 8GB Ram (@1600) - HDD 1TB WD - SSD 240GB intel (boot drive).

Well its been proven that intel beats out amd in almost everything but price.

In most gaming benchmarks the i5 will be ahead of any of the fx series.

The one part where price:performance is better on AMD is rendering because quite often it'll pull ahead of the i5. 

On the other hand, lets take into consideration that the i5 draws about half the power of the FX6350 or 8****, not to mention at all the 9****.

Ofcourse it's possible to throw the i7 with hyperthreading into it too but then price:performance won't be fair. Althrough at the same time, the lower power draw would balance things out after a few months of heavy use..

The AMD Phenom 2 x4 days are long gone and since then AMD's been making rubbish, which is a shame because these head to head wars (similar to AMD vs Nvidia) are very interesting when there's competition.

AMD is not cheaper than Intel. See spoiler above. You cannot compare just the price of processor because with the power hungry FX chips, you have to have high end AM3+ motherboards capable of handling all that energy. Once you factor in aftermarket cooling, you usually end up spending more going FX over Intel. Last but not least, energy consumption which is about $10 per year comparing stock FX8 to stock i5.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

AMD is not cheaper than Intel. See spoiler above. You cannot compare just the price of processor because with the power hungry FX chips, you have to have high end AM3+ motherboards capable of handling all that energy. Once you factor in aftermarket cooling, you usually end up spending more going FX over Intel. Last but not least, energy consumption which is about $10 per year comparing stock FX8 to stock i5.

Yeah forgot to mention that. Usually cheaper am3+ boards bend the knee under a 150w CPU. And yeah power consumptio is a huge thing also. Its likely to be more than $10 a year though if used heavily, primarily if any editing is done

Well you can't go wrong, they are both great, they will both do the job, but people get what they think is better for them, depending on games they play and programs they run besides gaming. I personally bought Intel, I know it was more expensive, but It ran cooler (meaning it will live for longer), It had better performance numbers in almost every game and it uses less electricity which in my country is a "+" because the electricity goes up every year and in the long run it would make up for the money I payed. 

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600, MOBO: MSI Tomahawk B450, RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3000 (2x8 GB), GPU: MSI RTX 2080 Gaming-X Trio, CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S, PSU: Corsair RM 650, HDD: WD Blue 1TB, SSD: Samsung 860 ECO 500GB, CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C

Good point I did OC my 8370... HOWEVER theres an advantage there because amd motherboards tend to be cheaper for better options... 

Not anymore. There are not so many AMD mobos with latest tech, like M.2 slots for example. And the reason is old technology. 

Intel i7 2600 @ 4.2 Ghz | MSI Z77-GD55 | Crucial 16 GB DDR3 RAM 1600Mhz | Intel 330 SSD 180Gb | Western Digital Black 1Tb | Western Digital Green 2Tb | Gigabyte GTX 650 Ti | OCZ ModXStream Pro 500W | Thermaltake Commander MS-I case | OS X Yosemite | Dell Vostro 3550 Windows 10

Intel Xeon 1230 V2 | Gigabyte GA-H61M-S | Kingston 4Gb RAM 1333Mhz | Seagate 1TB  | Fractial Design Arc mini | Windows 10

Its about single thread performance and performance per mhz. 

Intel is king by a large large margin in single thread performance, Most people don't realize that Clock for clock if you take 1st edition bulldozer 8150 OC it to 4.4ghz and take piledriver 8350 and set to 4.4 ghz they will basically be exactly the same performance. 

Bulldozer was getting killed in clock for clock performance all the way back to the Gulftown/Bloomfield I7 CPU's and that gap has only increased from then to now considering each revision since sandybridge / ivy / haswell etc has boasted a 10-15% performance increase in (perf per clock)

Most people don't like to hear these things. 

When you see a 8370 vs a I5 and they are similar its only in compute tests where all cores are taken into calculation. 

Think about that for 1 second.

A 4 Core CPU(I5) vs a 8 Core CPU(AMD FX) and they are similar performance in a CPU orientated bench that takes all cores into account? 

And remember the 8370 runs at 4.0ghz stock

That means clock for clock and Per Core they Intel CPU is twice as fast. 

Considering most people game on their pc's alot of the time it becomes quite clear that the intel cpu's are faster considering most games don't access more than 2-4 cores for performance at any given time. 

And the games that can access as many cores as you have will only run similar between the two anyways so it becomes a no brainier to go intel if you can. 

Then you add Hyper-threading and or 2 more cores to make I7 CPU's that total 8 or 12 cores respectively and the lead becomes even more clear in all situations. 

I think most of us root for AMD in the background , & I hope they can someday release something efficient that performs amazing clock for clock , But currently they are in a stale mode. 

Asrock X670E Steel Legend - AMD 7600X(5.5Ghz) -  XFX Speedster-Zero EKWB Edition 6900XTXH 

-32GB Kingston Fury Beast 6000mhz DDR5 - WB Black 1 & 2 TB NVME -EVGA 1300W G2

Full loop 2x480mm XSPC RX Rads / Thermaltake Pacific W8 Block

Someone buys a Porsche for a hundred K. you pull up with and old Ford with a 427 hemi  and mention that it is fast as the Porsche. The Porsche will act just like the intel fans do here. I also notice that if you ask if this AMD chip will bottleneck GPUx they get all hot and bothered. I think the term "bottleneck" gets them sexually aroused:) 5 years from now I doubt an I3 will run any new game title in the top 10 new games of 2020. Google "future proof cores" and expand your knowledge