Getting something else than Sennheiser PC 360 G4ME

Bugses

Hi there,

I'm looking to get something different than my Sennheiser PC 360. The reason behind it, is that my ears touch the drivers, which is really really annoying when you have a long gaming session. I dont need it to be a headset, it can also be headphones. I just want something with good sound in it and something that is very comfortable. I mainly use my current one for gaming and Skype. My budget is between $200-300.

Could you help me out please?

Fractal Define R5 - i7-5820K - Noctua DH-D15S - GLH GTX 1070 - Strix X99 Gaming - HyperX Fury 2400MHz 16GB - EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2

Well massdrop has a drop of the akg k7xx in a day, put a modmic on it and you got yourself my perfect audio setup

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

Well massdrop has a drop of the akg k7xx in a day, put a modmic on it and you got yourself my perfect audio setup

Seems great, but I fear that my ears might touch the drivers on that one too. I think I need something more puffy than that. I might be better off with a Beyerdynamic.

Fractal Define R5 - i7-5820K - Noctua DH-D15S - GLH GTX 1070 - Strix X99 Gaming - HyperX Fury 2400MHz 16GB - EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2

Seems great, but I fear that my ears might touch the drivers on that one too. I think I need something more puffy than that. I might be better off with a Beyerdynamic.

Why? I doubt you will. But you can take a look at the beyer COP, dt 770 and 990 pro

Why? I doubt you will. But you can take a look at the beyer COP, dt 770 and 990 pro

It's just that the padding seems quite similar to my current headset.

It's just that the padding seems quite similar to my current headset.

I don't think a 200$ will let your ears touch the drivers, I bet akg chose that padding with a reason

I don't think a 200$ will let your ears touch the drivers, I bet akg chose that padding with a reason

I'll try and see if any local dealers got them :-)

The k7xx is only sold by massdrop

Ah I see. Will have to find something else then. Thanks though [emoji2]

Ah I see. Will have to find something else then. Thanks though [emoji2]

I found a post asking how is the depth or the cups from the 7xx compared to the ath m50x. The answer was that the user didn't have trouble with it and that the m50x's cups are shallower.

Another great headphone is the sennheiser 558 or Kingston hyper x clouds

DT 990 Pro is a good option or the Phillips Fidelity x2's,

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

Why not kill your gaming headset and build youre own one ?

and when i say build i mean : headphone + external mic = headset .

Ant lion mod mics are good and you can pick up an open headphone or closed if that is what you prefure ( Note : dont get a open headphone if youre area is noisy ) .

If you want i can link a video on a guide about it ....?

(⌐■_■) 

If they have Q701 or Q712 it's the same chassis between them.

I found a post asking how is the depth or the cups from the 7xx compared to the ath m50x. The answer was that the user didn't have trouble with it and that the m50x's cups are shallower.

Another great headphone is the sennheiser 558 or Kingston hyper x clouds

Sennheiser PC360's are literally HD518's with a mic on them so the 558's won't be much better.

OP: I heard most Beyerdynamics have really deep earcups so give those a go. I personally have never had an issue with the earcups being shallow on the PC360, but I did once try the Custom One Pro's and they did have quite deep earcups. Personally I'd get the 770's cus they're closed and I like closed headphones.

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50