4K in the next year?

RevoltTrain

Over the next 12 months how much more common do you believe 4K will become? Especially with YouTube. I am doing an entire new setup next summer and was wondering what I'll be doing next year (Not solid plans but just rough estimates)

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

if not 2016 definitely 2017

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Depends, gaming: for the average people, probably never. But for those with deep pockets that upgrade E er year then Yea I'd say next year.

Non gaming.. I'd say it's already here now.

Most of the non-gaming content I normally view is still uploaded at 1080p, including LTT, JayzTwoCents, Barnacules, NCIX, and JustKiddingNews

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Most of the non-gaming content I normally view is still uploaded at 1080p, including LTT, JayzTwoCents, Barnacules, NCIX, and JustKiddingNews

LTT has had 4k for a really long time though.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

LTT has had 4k for a really long time though.

I thought they were still recording in 4K and uploading in 1080p?

I guess that must've changed since they started uploading on Vessel

ah 4k video.. Well that would be next year no doubt, but it also depends if the tools to make 4k content goes down as well as 4k screens.

But I'd say Q2 next year it will be more common.

I thought they were still recording in 4K and uploading in 1080p?

I guess that must've changed since they started uploading on Vessel

They've had 4k on youtube even before vessel

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

They've had 4k on youtube even before vessel

I don't remember that being the case. But I'll take your word for it

YT still takes forever to buffer 4K. So in the next year 4K will be the new 1440p unless the Windows UI scaling is fixed and in terms of TVs they will be the new 1080p

24 fps for that "cinematic" feel

After a couple weeks of behavioral sciences at my school I can easily conclude my parents need to grow up.

YT still takes forever to buffer 4K. So in the next year 4K will be the new 1440p unless the Windows UI scaling is fixed and in terms of TVs they will be the new 1080p

Must be your internet, I don't ever buffer on 4k.

I've never had an issue viewing 4K on YouTube when I was borrowing a 4K display. But I also have a quite good internet connection

4K will become common soon enough. If you're making YouTube content, 4K is now common, and will become more common in 2016 and 2017.

4K for gaming will gradually probably come into the scene. It'll be until about 2017 or 2018 when something like a _70 series Nvidia graphics card can comfortably run 4K games. That being said the 980Ti should be able to run 4K games pretty well too...

1440p is really common for games and has made its big entrance this year with Acer's  IPS Gsync 1440p 144Hz panel. 4K is still stuck in the TN stage, and IPS won't really be in any price range for at least a year.

To game, 1440p is the way to go, especially with surround setups these days.

To YouTube, 4K is a good investment in the near future.

Dual Boot Windows & Hackintosh

CPU: Intel 4790K | Motherboard: ASUS Maximus Hero Vii | GPU: Zotac AMP! Extreme GTX 970 | Display: ASUS PB278Q | Case: Phantom 630 | PSU: Corsair HX1000i 

Canada eh? 

I feel like gaming on PC will soon catch up to 4k before we know it.

Console it will be years if ever that they move to 4k.

Even now I see many youtube channels starting to upload in 4k.

I've never had an issue viewing 4K on YouTube when I was borrowing a 4K display. But I also have a quite good internet connection

I have around 20 down and 15 up average and it buffers for a good 30 seconds to five minutes, haha the console pleabs won't game on 4K till the Xbox Three and PS6. They hardly play 1080p much less 4K. They MIGHT get 4K video support in a couple years :D

24 fps for that "cinematic" feel

After a couple weeks of behavioral sciences at my school I can easily conclude my parents need to grow up.

I have around 20 down and 15 up average and it buffers for a good 30 seconds to five minutes, haha the console pleabs won't game on 4K till the Xbox Three and PS6. They hardly play 1080p much less 4K. They MIGHT get 4K video support in a couple years :D

will probably be more then a "couple years".

I have 125 down and 50 up..

I think 4K content online will still be a small issue as most (not all) countries' internet are still not the most fantastic. If you do not have a fast internet, then no point viewing in 4K as it will take forever to load 1 video. Most people will then tend to view it in lower resolution.

Unless 1gbps becomes the minimum speed, then I would assume 4K will be the norms in video content.

Spoiler

[CPU] i5-4690K @ 4.5GHz with NZXT Kraken X61 [MOBO] Asus Z97-AR [Memory] HyperX Fury 32GB DDR3-1600 [Storage] Samsung 840 EVO 500GB & WD 1TB Black & Hitachi 1TB [GPU] Gigabyte GTX 1080 8GB Xtreme Gaming [Case] Corsair Air 540 [PSU] Cooler Master V1000 [Case Fan] Corsair SP140 LED Fan x 3 & SP120 LED Fan x 3 [Display] Main: Philips 31.5" FULL HD IPS | Side: Philips 28" 4K UHD [Keyboard] Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth Edition [Mouse] Razer Ouroboros [Mouse Pad] Razer Firefly [Sound] BOSE Companion 5 Multimedia Speaker System

I have 125 down and 50 up..

And now we know where the problem lies

And now we know where the problem lies

Whoops. Wrong button. Not sure what you mean?

I'd say 2016 we'll see 4k becoming more common, that -and- 21:9.  I'm more excited on 21:9 than anything.

I'd say pretty quickly. I am able to stream 4k without buffering on my 30mbps connection without constant buffering. Also with inexpensive IPS 4k monitors coming out like the Dell 2415Q it will be more common.

Whoops. Wrong button. Not sure what you mean?

He's saying he has buffer. You said you don't. You compared speeds. Yours was way better. Now we know why it buffers

I'd say pretty quickly. I am able to stream 4k without buffering on my 30mbps connection without constant buffering. Also with inexpensive IPS 4k monitors coming out like the Dell 2415Q it will be more common.

If you stream at 4k on websites such as twitch it would most likely cause the viewer to buffer more often.

He's saying he has buffer. You said you don't. You compared speeds. Yours was way better. Now we know why it buffers

I thought that's what you meant but wasn't sure as you didn't multi-quote