Air vs Water for mitx

calebp123
Go to solution Solved by Clear17Mud,

an aio would be better then a small heatsink, but if that small heatsink was just small enough to fit and solid copper then that would be the best, but that doesn't exist...

I'm planning on building an mitx system using the thermaltake core v1 case and a 4690k. I'm hoping to get about 4.3 - 4.5ghz out the thing, and I'm wondering what kind of cooler would be vest; air or water. Remember, I'm dealing with coolers like the h80i and the nh-u9b so are these over clocks even attainable?

I'm planning on building an mitx system using the thermaltake core v1 and a 4690k. I'm hoping to get about 4.3 - 4.5ghz out the thing, and I'm wondering what kind of cooler would be vest; air or water. Remember, I'm dealing with coolers like the h80i and the nh-u9b so are these over clocks even attainable?

Well, I got my CPU to 4.6 GHz and I don't throttle.

If you get a Watercooler get one like the H100i GTX, or any 240/280mm one. 

I would go air if you don't want to spend 100$+ on Coolers.

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

I'm planning on building an mitx system using the thermaltake core v1 and a 4690k. I'm hoping to get about 4.3 - 4.5ghz out the thing, and I'm wondering what kind of cooler would be vest; air or water. Remember, I'm dealing with coolers like the h80i and the nh-u9b so are these over clocks even attainable?

It depends on the case you are placing them, if there is very little space and you need to get rid of the heat immediately an AIO is able to do that very well since it can exhaust it straight out of the case, instead of dissipating it inside of the case.

an aio would be better then a small heatsink, but if that small heatsink was just small enough to fit and solid copper then that would be the best, but that doesn't exist...

It depends on the case. If they can comfortably fit, then go ahead.

If you can fit it go with water cooling. I can't fit an AIO cooler in my M8 at all, I can only go air cooling. 

Hard times

This is a rare time where I will allow form over function. I'm mostly function over form.