do you think i should get more Ram?

so i use my computer mostly for gaming but i also do a lot of photo editing in lightroom but sometimes in photoshop. i noticed when i was playing GTA 5 a minute ago that my RAM was nearly full the only thing i had open was GTA and 2 tabs in chrome and it was using 6.8GB of 8GB ram but i normally have skype spotify chrome (4-5 tabs). and because i play my games over 3 screens the 3.5GB buffer of the 970 is all ways at 3.5GB so if thats full and my RAM is full would it have to use the SSD as virtual RAM?

i2PiU.png

l Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.5Ghz l Asus VII Ranger ROG l MSI GTX 970 @ 1555MHz l 

PC PART PICKER

GTA V has a RAM leak I heard..

But PS and LightRoom work very good with more RAM.

By the way:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/374961-ram-has-decreased-in-price-and-still-is-d/

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

your SSD will not be used as a virtual ram, but it will be used as a Cache.

when you reach the 970 maximum memory, the extra file will go in the Ssd cache and not in your ram.

but if you usually keep chrome ecc while playng gtav, i will absolutely get more ram 

Intel3570k  at  4.5ghz 1.300v  Noctua NH-D14    Gigabyte Gtx 970 G1   AsrockZ77 Extreme 6/TB4     Corsair8Gb vengeance memory    120GB Corsair Force SSD     1TB WD black      NZXT Switch 810

lightroom can use help of more ram and since u max 8gb thab get another 8 or 16ram kit

GTA V has a RAM leak I heard..

But PS and LightRoom work very good with more RAM.

By the way:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/374961-ram-has-decreased-in-price-and-still-is-d/

your SSD will not be used as a virtual ram, but it will be used as a Cache.

when you reach the 970 maximum memory, the extra file will go in the Ssd cache and not in your ram.

but if you usually keep chrome ecc while playng gtav, i will absolutely get more ram 

ok i think i will order some more then do you think i should order another 8GB kit or should i order a 16GB kit for 24GBs total? or should i order a 16GB kit of 2133MHz and sell the 8GB kit (would i see a difference?) 

PC PART PICKER

i would buy another 8gb kit and make sure they are the same timings 

Intel3570k  at  4.5ghz 1.300v  Noctua NH-D14    Gigabyte Gtx 970 G1   AsrockZ77 Extreme 6/TB4     Corsair8Gb vengeance memory    120GB Corsair Force SSD     1TB WD black      NZXT Switch 810

ok i think i will order some more then do you think i should order another 8GB kit or should i order a 16GB kit for 24GBs total? or should i order a 16GB kit of 2133MHz and sell the 8GB kit (would i see a difference?) 

Just go for another 2x4GB kit (so you have 16GB total) it should be plenty.

Go for a 2x8GB kit if you can find it real cheap.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

i would buy another 8gb kit and make sure they are the same timings 

yeah i think i will just get another of the same kit i got 2 years ago. BTW its gone down by £9 since the 3RD of my 2013

PC PART PICKER

BOOM

i2TgD.png

PC PART PICKER

You could buy more RAM, but switching to Firefox from Chrome will also save you some RAM.

RAM has gotten so cheap recently,and you do use some programs that benefit from extra RAM, so go for it.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

You could buy more RAM, but switching to Firefox from Chrome will also save you some RAM.

RAM has gotten so cheap recently,and you do use some programs that benefit from extra RAM, so go for it.

hey i just ordered the other 8GB of ram its the same as what i have now do you know if i can still use XMP 

PC PART PICKER

hey i just ordered the other 8GB of ram its the same as what i have now do you know if i can still use XMP 

If its the exact same frequency and timings, yes.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

If the new one has the equivalent frequency then its absolutely fine.