PC wont work with new fans?

SauronsV

Hi, I have the S340 case and when I installed one SP120mm Corsair fan, it seemed my PC did not boot. I connect it to SYSFAN3. Then I connected it to CPUFAN 2, and it started spinning but my PC would not boot properly, I got a black screen with a A2 at the bottom right. Any idea?

A2 error for that board is an IDE detect (means it's having trouble reading or detecting drives) is it possible you've knocked one of the cables loose from your hard drive?

If it's not that, try a CMOS reset for starters. 

A2 error for that board is an IDE detect (means it's having trouble reading or detecting drives) is it possible you've knocked one of the cables loose from your hard drive?

i use an ssd

Should I plug the fan into sysfan or cpufan?

Check the power and data cable on the ssd. I've gone through about 3 bad sata cables that my mobo came with.

i7 4770k/Maximus VII Hero/Titan X/ 500gb 850evox2 r0/1000 EVGA G2

Should I plug the fan into sysfan or cpufan?

Doesn't matter really, if you plug it into CPUFAN2 your motherboard will ramp up the rpm at a similar rate to your CPU cooler under load. (controlled by PWM) check your boards manual the SYSFan header might work the same way. 

i use an ssd

Same still applies check sata cable and power connections. 

Doesn't matter really, if you plug it into CPUFAN2 your motherboard will ramp up the rpm at a similar rate to your CPU cooler under load. (controlled by PWM) check your boards manual the SYSFan header might work the same way. 

Same still applies check sata cable and power connections. 

but the second I unplug the new fan from my motherboard in either cpufan2 or sysfan2 it will work. But the second I put it in it wont work.

but the second I unplug the new fan from my motherboard in either cpufan2 or sysfan2 it will work. But the second I put it in it wont work.

Can you take out an existing fan and swap it for the sp120?  just to confirm the fan actually works. 

Can you take out an existing fan and swap it for the sp120?  just to confirm the fan actually works. 

i have 2 sp 120 ill try use the other

i have 2 sp 120 ill try use the other

Let us know how that works out. I'm thinking it could potentially be a faulty fan and the motherboards picking it up as a protection method but honestly I'm not sure since that A2 error points to a disk error.