I7 3770k or FX 8350

Hi guys.

I have a question. I'm not biased to either amd or intel but i'm thinking of trying an amd processor. So i was thinking of buying an Amd FX 8350. I was just wondering is it worth the upgrade/downgrade? I just play games and sometimes stream. I just want to get everyones opinion.

The I7 is the best option for what you want to do.

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

Hi guys.

I have a question. I'm not biased to either amd or intel but i'm thinking of trying an amd processor. So i was thinking of buying an Amd FX 8350. I was just wondering is it worth the upgrade/downgrade? I just play games and sometimes stream. I just want to get everyones opinion.

Nope. Not worth it.

Gaming and streaming should be better on the i7

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

The 3770k is way better than the FX 8350. It doesn't matter what you do.

On these benchs, notice how the FX only comes ahead in very very few benchmarks, and most of those are easily within margin of error. :)

If you overclock at all, the difference will be even greater due to a higher IPC.

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

3770k I have one, I'll say it is still a beast cpu.out performs a 8350 in everyday.

Hi guys.

An FX-8350 will beat an i7-3770K in nothing. Not that it was ever expected to, given the price difference. But at least against an i3/i5 one could point to multithreaded workload performance. Any Sandy/Ivy Bridge/Haswell i7 is just plain better across the board.

Are you buying these used or something? Because the Intel chip you listed is older.

the I7 is much faster 

l Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.5Ghz l Asus VII Ranger ROG l MSI GTX 970 @ 1555MHz l 

PC PART PICKER

Are you buying these used or something? Because the Intel chip you listed is older.

" is it worth the upgrade/downgrade?"

I'm pretty sure he has the 3770k and is considering on upgrading. :P

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

" is it worth the upgrade/downgrade?"

I'm pretty sure he has the 3770k and is considering on upgrading. [emoji14]

Makes way more sense now.

Hi guys.

The 3770 is better

Nude Fist 1: i5-4590-ASRock h97 Anniversary-16gb Samsung 1333mhz-MSI GTX 970-Corsair 300r-Seagate HDD(s)-EVGA SuperNOVA 750b2

Name comes from anagramed sticker for "TUF Inside" (A sticker that came with my original ASUS motherboard)

i7 by a HUUUUUUUUUUUGE margin.

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

FX was comparable to the 2nd gen... (every1 states it was 3rd gen 3570k, but it was 2nd gen 2500K) cos I bought the 2500K the same time my bro bought his 8350, we did comparisons way way way way WAY WAAAAY back then years ago...

The 8350....It lost, back then, not by much, due to us both having a GPU bound scenario most of the time, and both using the same GPU...

It's only gotten worse since.

Now we have GPU's that are even more demanding, even in GPU bound scenario's, the CPU has a lot to do.. the FX is a joke...

A good quote - Why play 4/5 games in a row just fine, when you can do 5/5 just fine for LESS>Equivalent money....?

Games being "playable at lower than intended FPS, some games unplayable" when knowing what a GPU should be doing it WAY better...

FPS drops into the teens on these lightly threaded titles,...the 20fps somethings or less in MMO's or something like ARMA3... FUCK THAT SHIT...

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

what? no. if you really want to downgrade get the i5 3570k.still better than the amd chip.keep your i7,and keep it for a long time

The 3770k is only like 6 months older than the FX-8350 though, both 2012 chips.

The 3770k is only like 6 months older than the FX-8350 though, both 2012 chips.

What I mean is if he's buying new stuff, he should be getting the Haswell chips and not Ivy Bridge.

What I mean is if he's buying new stuff, he should be getting the Haswell chips and not Ivy Bridge.

Yeah, definitely.