Game that got you into PC gaming

dougdangger

GTA San Andreas. I remeber being on a cheat code site where i was looking at the PS2 cheat codes for GTA SA where there was an advertisement for a superman mod for SA. I HAD to figure out how to get that but after an hour or so of googling I figured out it was only for the PC version. So further googling eventually got me into PC gaming :)

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Star wars empire at war on a pentium 4.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

I think mine was Witcher 1. I really liked the look of it at the time and really wanted to play it.

CPU - i7 8700K / Motherboard - ROG Strix Z370 E/ RAM - 32GB Cosair Vengeance DDR / GPU  - GTX 1080ti - EVGA FTW3 / PSU - Seasonic Snow Silent 750W / Cooling - Cryorig H7 Monitor - Acer X34 Predator / Sound - Corsair Void - Case - Meshify C

Road Rash

Crusader no Regret

Heroes Might & Magic II
WarCraft II

annnnnnnnnnd.... the last one... which is not even included in any genre (at that time)

H-Games (I don't think anyone remember 3 sisters)

Star Defender 2 and 3, CSGO and Civ 5

I used to play Star Defender in the break room where my dad worked. I used to complain to my dad that we never had those games. In '07 i think, my dad brought home one of the unused PC's in the break room. Was hooked until i bought a PS3. Then my friends had consoles, and I wanted to play online with them, so I stopped it

Fast forward last year, when I really started to really PC game, my friend showed me CSGO, a game which I was unaware of at the time. Got hooked. Then I saw Civ 5 on sale, all DLC for a cheap a** price, got it, got hooked again, bought more on sale games. Then I built a PC. //

Fin. 

"Dont take my word for it, wait for the others"

-GabbDogg 2015

Unreal tournament was my drug. The flak cannon was my favorite gun by far. There were many a night up late playing heroes on might and magic 3 runs. Oh God... Diablo 2. I played that game so much. So many bale runs. So much cheating. The good ol days.

BF3!

I played it on PS3 (yes I played on PS3 before I saw the light) for about a half a year, and when I noticed that there were tons of things I was missing out on, besides graphics, I had to look into PC.

I didn't know anything about PCs or PC gaming at the time!

Played it on 360 and had to get the full experience so I looked into building a pc. 

I was at Best Buy in the year 2001 I think and I saw an Alienware computer hooked up to Klipsch 2.1 THX speakers running Medal of Honor Allied Assault.  I played the Normandy Invasion stage and my jaw dropped.  The store associate literally was trying to indirectly tell me to get off the computer since I was on it for almost an hour.

I saw similar console versions and they were total crap.  Horrible controls, poor sound and ugly graphics.

The following summer I saved up and built myself a PC.  It was a 600mhz Celeron with 256mb ram, 120gb hd and are you ready for this?  CD burner!  LOL!  I was still ignorant at the time so I was using on board graphics.  I didn't care because it was leagues above the PSOne and better than the PS2.

I knew that I would never be able to buy that $3,000 Alienware computer.  But I knew that PC gaming was a league on its own.  After Christmas I bought my first video card.  Nvidia Ti 4200.  I popped in the bundled game Comanche 4 and my mind was blown.

The following years I got busy with hanging out with friends, ricing out cars :D, women... and nitro rc cars so I stopped gaming for a while.  Then I saw Crysis and it was a 2002 all over again.  The rest is history.

For me it was Diablo, first multiplayer game I ever played. Made my dad switch from dial up to cable because our dial up bill was more then the cost of cable internet (thanks blizzard ;D)

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

Jedi Knight 2.  Also got the PC builder thing going for me because that game forced me to buy my first video card.

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

1997 - Command & Conquer. Still remember playing it on dial-up connection.

1999 - I got hooked to NovaLogic's 'Delta Force' and 'MiG-29 Fulcrum'. The flight simulator has a friendly community, taught us how to be better pilots in a dogfight.

i7-6700K | MSI Z170A Gaming M5 | COOLER MASTER Hyper 212X | CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 2600MHz 8GB (4GBx2 kit) | MSI GeForce GTX 970 | FSP Aurum S 600W

Wordpress

1995 - Destruction Derby (PC)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Mines a mixture of games. Quake 3, Half-Life, Starcraft: Broodwar and Rainbow 6. Couldn't afford to build or buy my own pc back then, I'd just save my school lunch and go play on the computer cafe.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

This little number:

Bank_(GTA1).jpg

I used to use my PC to emulate SNES games and such before until a friend told me about this demo he got and that he somehow managed to remove the timer on it, I tried to look for it myself and 2 years later I was ready to buy my first major rig which was an Athlon + Geforce 2 MX

-------

Current Rig

-------

First started by playing day of defeat, battlefield 2142 and mount&ablade. Didn't take it seriously until dayz mod where I went and bought the computer I have now. Used to struggle along and play battlefield bad company on my old Sony vaio at around 5-10 fps haha

Although first PC in 95/6 with command and conquer and Fifa that stuck whenever I scored for an unknown reason lol

I5 3570K, MSI Z77A G45, 8GB 2133MHz Gskill Ripjaws, MSI TwinFrozr GTX 780, Samsung 840 Evo SSD, WD Green 1TB HDD, OCZ 750 Watt PSU, Zalman Z11+ 

For me it was killing floor. Played on consoles most of my life. But as soon as I picked up a mouse and keyboard I was hooked.

StarsiegeTribesBox.jpg

quake3arena.jpg

X99 MSI Krait Edition / Intel 5960X / MSI GTX 980 O.C. / Samsung 850 EVO 500GB / Corsair 750D / Creative Sound Z / Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3000

Dune 2000, around year 98/99 iinm.

Totally hooked up to the game and ditched my console. By console i mean this.

Micro-Genius-IQ1000-003.JPG

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Half Life or Counter Strike.

Born too early to explore the galaxy, born too late to explore the seas, born just in time to make memes.