Fans are WAY too loud

Pruxis

I've built a bitfenix prodigy with 2 fans in it, the Spectre Pro 230mm in the front and a 140mm fan that came with the case in the back.

the 230mm fan is running far too loud I even switched it up from the molex connector to the motherboard and changed a few things into the bios to make them run 'normal' or 'silent' but I can still hear it way too good.

What can I do to stop this? :/

Turn the RPM way down? Your performance may suffer though

System Specs - CPU: i7 4770K - RAM: 8GB(2x4GB) Vengeance Pro - Motherboard: Maximus VI Gene - Case: Modded PowerMac G5 - CPU Cooler: H100i - PSU: AX860i - SSD: Samsung 840 Series 120GB and Kingston V300 120GB - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - Graphics Card: 2x GTX 780 - Case Fans: SP120s and Spectre 140s - Headphones: HD700, Alpha Dog, SE215

Sony A7R w/ Zeiss 55mm F1.8

What kind of sound, high pitch? or just sound of moving air?

MB :MSI Z77a G45 | Proc: I5 3570K (Stock) | HSF : CM 212X turbo | RAM : Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2X4GB) | VGA : MSI GTX 660 Twin Frozr | PSU : Corsair GS600 | Case : CM Storm Enforcer | Storage :  OCZ Vector 128GB, WD Blue 500GB , Samsung 840 Evo 120GB, WD Blue 1TB

i take the cables out off the connectors and shove them into the 5v on the molex connectors and most fans are silent at 5v

Undervolt them to 7 volts , they don't start at 5 volts ( you have to manualy spin them if you want to start them at 5 volts you don't want to do that.)

Best guide i could find : ( cause linus is in thewe :D:D:D)

Goodluck

Interested in Business and Technology

I have an ITX board and I only have two fan connectors 1 for the stock cooling and 1 for the fan in the back, the 230mm in the front is connected with a molex connector.

I still find that the front fan is the loudest I just tested it, I might get Noctua's instead with a bitfenix recon as fancontroller.

Get some noctua fans and you will be fine :)  

Yeah I'm getting a noctua CPU cooler and a noctua fan for in the back I hope it'll fix my issues :p

Most motherboards usually allow you to adjust your coolers rpm profile.

get a noctua fan and use their noise adapters to undervolt that front fan if you still want the 230mm since i dont think noctua has fans that big. that is unless you feel like making the ghetto undervolt-er shown by the linus video above. :P

PC Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K (Stock Speed)  Motherboard: Asus Z97 Sabertooth Mark-S  Memory: 4x8GB Klevv GENUINE DDR3 1600MHz GPU: EVGA GTX 550Ti PSU: Corsair RM850

Get some noctua fans and you will be fine :)

Wiser words have never been spoken. ;)

// i5 3570k @ 4.2GHz // Noctua NH-D14 // 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz (2x 8GB ) // 2x Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD RAID-0 Boot // Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200rpm Steam / Data Drive // Gigabyte Z77X-D3H // Corsair TX850 // ASUS DirectCU II GTX 670 4GB OC // CoolerMaster HAF X nVidia // QPAD MK-80 // Logitech G700 // Windows 8 Professional x64 //