Trying to Work with .mov 1080i footage @ 60fps Using Sony Vegas

I've been working on this small project on Sony Vegas 13 using 1080i footage, and there have been many problems that came up and I couldn't solve. When playing the footage with Windows Media Player it plays smoothly (and, not sure if this helps, but it's kind of jittery with madvr, cccp, and mpc). When I place the footage into a track on Vegas, the preview without touching anything other than playing it, is very slow. The frames are not smooth enough. At some points the frames would just completely go insane and tear and distort and go completely out of place.  I assumed it may have been a QT problem, but installing a much older version didn't help either. Rendering used to be fine. When I rendered the footage to the HDV 1080-60i template everything runs and plays smoothly. However, I'm not sure what I touched but when I go back to preview my footage or project, I get the audio, but a black screen. Sometimes I get the thumbnail of the footage and the thumbnail shows for the length that the footage is present on the track. If the video were to fade in and the thumbnail is present, the thumbnail frame would fade in perfectly. Other times, both rendering and previewing the footage is just a beautiful black screen. Could my CCCP cause any problems with this? Was my computer too slow when it was initially able to preview the files, but just very slowly? If It can play the raw footage perfectly fine why can't it preview it properly in Vegas? And uh, yeah why is everything black all the time now?

Things I've tried:

Vegas 13

Vegas 12

QT reinstall

Restart

Administrator's Mode

Disable Media Managing

Disable Close Media files when not active application

Shift + B works when the footage isn't black but doesn't explain the issue of why it's so slow

Disable Resampling

It would be super awesome if someone could figure this out. It's for an ISU due in 2 weeks =[

Well guys, thanks for reading, and if you didn't, thanks anyway. I got the help I needed, but.. I guess I'll leave this here in case someone somehow gets the issue in the future? It turned out to most likely be an Apple QuickTime issue because I was suggested to remux all of my footage to an mp4 container and bam everything worked.