IKEA Desks: Are they worth the hype?

Sandalwood_snake

I am going to purchase a desk very soon. I've done extensive research about the ikea linnmon desks. From what I can tell, they are sturdy and well-built.

Does anybody know of any desk that is better quality for a lower price? IKEA has some very nice prices but I want to make sure I'm getting the bang for my buck.

Does anybody who has an ikea linnmon desk have any opinion? Is this really a good way to go?

Ok, last question:

If I were to buy 2 ikea linnmon table tops, how would I go about connecting them together?

Thanks for all the replies!

There is no hype, they are cheap and you can make your own.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

-SNIP-

For value Ikea basically has you covered for desks, as for joining them together if you want them to be permanent I would use a metal bracket on the bottom of the desk surface to join them. 

I'm personally not a huge fan of Ikea desks since they aren't super sturdy with the 4 metal legs but overall they are still a good choice

IMO, they are by far the best option for desks. They're very solid, and have a huge range of possible layouts. You don't really have to connect them, but you could use some metal brackets under each table top to keep them together. 

I bought the $30 smaller table option, it's pretty nice. I plan on picking up 2 more and connecting them to create a L table. They're very sturdy, with about a 1.5" thick piece of particleboard as the surface. You really can't go wrong with the price.

I'm a fucking AMD kawaii weeaboo desu I have seen the light

i5 6600k EVGA 980 FTW Z170A PC Mate 1TB WD Blue240GB SSD Plus NZXT S340 | EVGA 600b  | Dedotated 8GB

Just get a longer version of the top they go up to 78" http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80251358/#

This is my ikea desk i plan to get 

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80251358/#

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30200253/

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30264301/x5 im goingto put one in the centure back for more stabiltiy there is going to be 6 monitors on this desk

I  have GameServer`s And VOIP servers the only price is that you have fun on them. 

if you shop around enough - you'll realize that 90% of the other options for desks are absolute garbage and/or way overpriced

big problem for other people is that most desks are built to around the same size, which is usually too small for enthusiast PC owners. at least IKEA has an organized product lineup that also allows customization - to top it all off, they don't charge a premium for that size/customization

Yeah but if don't live anywhere near an Ikea store your screwed (like me), they charge $200 USD for shipping (which is unacceptable). 

Yeah but if don't live anywhere near an Ikea store your screwed (like me), they charge $200 USD for shipping (which is unacceptable). 

Holy Balls....... thats like.... for shipping ?!    :blink:  (there is no cry face so imagine it right here).

edit 

just noticed we have same # of posts, cool if you like that kind of thing.  -_-

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER