I'm worried about my gpu fans

DarKWolFPS2

Hey guys.

I own a GTX960 Strix and I have high ambient temp where i live especially now (summer and stuff).

So I changed the fan curve so that when the card is under 37 degree C the fans will shut down.

Now here's the problem :

Due to my high ambient temp and the heat inside my case, the gpu is almost always goes above 37 degree C which means the fans need to work in order to keep it in that temp (37 c).

Now, when the fans kick on the temp goes from 38 to 37 in a matter of seconds and the fans shutting down, and again, and again, and again.

Which means the fans go from 0 to 30% each seconds or two resulting on and off all day.

Pic : http://s10.postimg.org/p4cnk0qy1/Untitled.png

I'm really worried about that, thinking this will short my fans life span.

What do you think I should do?

BTW, highest temp I'm getting with this card is 63 while still barley audible (so temps is not my concern)

Set it to standby on a lower temp 

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

why not just lower the fan curve a bit so they are not going on and off?

If you use afterburner, you can increase the "temperature hysteresis". This way the fan speed will only change if a big change occurs (e.g. you start a game). Try setting it to 5 or  10.

My 970 strix fans don't even start under 50C, so you could even increase the idle temp.

"It's a taxi, it has a FARE METER."

Set it to standby on a lower temp 

why not just lower the fan curve a bit so they are not going on and off?

What will hurt my fans more, staying on all the time, or on and off like this?

I know I'm not the smartest when it comes to PC..

If you use afterburner, you can increase the "temperature hysteresis". This way the fan speed will only change if a big change occurs (e.g. you start a game). Try setting it to 5 or  10.

My 970 strix fans don't even start under 50C, so you could even increase the idle temp.

My card supposed to turn on the fans only above 50 C like yours.

I changed that because of my high tems in the summer...

I'm afraid that the high temp (40-45) can hurt my gpu...

oh and BTW, thanks alot!

running them all the time when ur pc is on shouldn't hurt them at all if its to loud u could just lower the speed that they run at

My card supposed to turn on the fans only above 50 C like yours.

I changed that because of my high tems in the summer...

I'm afraid that the high temp (40-45) can hurt my gpu...

oh and BTW, thanks alot!

The default fan profile on your card is fine. So long as your gpu doesn't reach 90-95°c it is fine. Below 80°C is better.

Also running your fans at 100% isn't a good idea (I'm starting to think that you are running them at max), but don't worry about your fans being on. Use the default fan profile and you'll be fine. If the gpu stats going over 80°C increase the fan speed a bit until it stays under 80

My rig:
CPU: i5 4690k 24/7 @4.4ghz (1.165v) Max 4.7ghz (1.325v) COOLER: NZXT Kraken X61 MOBO: Asus Z97-A   RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical   GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SSC   PSU: EVGA GS 650W   CASE: NZXT Phantom 530 HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB + WD Black 2TB

The default fan profile on your card is fine. So long as your gpu doesn't reach 90-95°c it is fine. Below 80°C is better.

Also running your fans at 100% isn't a good idea (I'm starting to think that you are running them at max), but don't worry about your fans being on. Use the default fan profile and you'll be fine. If the gpu stats going over 80°C increase the fan speed a bit until it stays under 80

my fan speed never goes above 60-63% due to my gpu never goes above 60-63 degree C.

I tweaked the fan curve and now the fans will never shut down : 

http://s2.postimg.org/knti7hdd5/Untitled.png

Is it ok to keep my fans always on? it will short their life?

my fan speed never goes above 60-63% due to my gpu never goes above 60-63 degree C.

I tweaked the fan curve and now the fans will never shut down : 

http://s2.postimg.org/knti7hdd5/Untitled.png

Is it ok to keep my fans always on? it will short their life?

Your fans will outlive their usefulness.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

It's your call but I'd just leave them running factory settings. My 970 ftw stays on 0 fan until about 64c. Unless your memory or VRM is overheating from the fans being off in the heat I wouldn't worry about it.

A better approach would be to increase the fan speed at higher temps so it scales up faster once they do come one. This will counter the high ambient temperature while gaming.

these are my default settings :

http://s7.postimg.org/4rx61bwxn/Untitled.png

seems that the idle temps are about 39-40 degree C..

so should i just stay with my default setting from the factor and not worry about it again?

Keep a eye on your temps while gaming, if they don't go higher than 80°C then you're fine. If they do, modify the fan curve until they don't go higher. Your fans won't die from them spinning. Just be sure to clean out the dust every few months and you'll be fine

My rig:
CPU: i5 4690k 24/7 @4.4ghz (1.165v) Max 4.7ghz (1.325v) COOLER: NZXT Kraken X61 MOBO: Asus Z97-A   RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical   GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SSC   PSU: EVGA GS 650W   CASE: NZXT Phantom 530 HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB + WD Black 2TB

Keep a eye on your temps while gaming, if they don't go higher than 80°C then you're fine. If they do, modify the fan curve until they don't go higher. Your fans won't die from them spinning. Just be sure to clean out the dust every few months and you'll be fine

So is it ok that my gpu running at 39-40 degree C all the time? 

max temp never goes above 63 (64 only once and a peak)

So is it ok that my gpu running at 39-40 degree C all the time?

max temp never goes above 63 (64 only once and a peak)

Really any temp below 80°C is fine and dandy

My rig: