Need a cheap case that can fit the NH-D15

Sadistic_Potato
Go to solution Solved by Aniallation,

So I could literally just install the D15 with one fan and it'd fit? That simple? I think you're a lot more knowledgable than I am so how would you do it?

Yeah, because when you put the D15 together you have to install the fans yourself, so you just install one of them and skip the other.

Budget is $85 MAX. Korea's price premiums are ridiculous and they'll charge x2 or more on the actual case price.

NH-D15 is 165mm tall with fans. 

My build: tis be ordered

NZXT 410

Corsair 230T

Fractal Arc midi R2

Corsair 300R

Spoiler
Spoiler

Project Depravity: £850 / ????? (03/12/2015) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo SE Red Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB MX Red Monitors: 3* Asus PG279Q Stand: Ergotech Triple Desk Stand Webcam: Logitch C920

Spoiler

RIP in kill: CPU: Single core Celeron M @1.73GHz RAM: 1GB (512MB x2) DDR2 SO-DIMM Motherboard: Asus MOCA-AR HDD: 160GB SATA2 5400rpm

Spoiler

Current System: CPU: Intel i5-4690K Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1866MHz GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 960 4GB SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M Case: Corsair 200R Windowed MonitorLG 22MP55HQ 22" IPS + HP w19 MouseRoccat Savu Keyboard: Corsair Raptor K30 Mouse Pad: Perixx DX-1000XXL Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 

I'd go with the Corsair 230T, but here are all other cases on PPP marked as compatible with the NH-D15 and rated with at least 4 stars, sorted ascending to price. ;)

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

-

Well it seems like it has a lot of issues, but some reviews say that it's gone. It's in my range.

Buy used and leave panel off :D Sorta like test bench haha

If I only didn't care about looks D:

Air 240

NZXT 410

Corsair 230T

Fractal Arc midi R2

NZXT S340

I know most of these can't fit the NH-D15.

I'm using the PCPartPicker compatibility to check these. You can check the official manufacturers pages to confirm.

Edit: Website is being janky af. Updated the list.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Project Depravity: £850 / ????? (03/12/2015) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo SE Red Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB MX Red Monitors: 3* Asus PG279Q Stand: Ergotech Triple Desk Stand Webcam: Logitch C920

Spoiler

RIP in kill: CPU: Single core Celeron M @1.73GHz RAM: 1GB (512MB x2) DDR2 SO-DIMM Motherboard: Asus MOCA-AR HDD: 160GB SATA2 5400rpm

Spoiler

Current System: CPU: Intel i5-4690K Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1866MHz GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 960 4GB SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M Case: Corsair 200R Windowed MonitorLG 22MP55HQ 22" IPS + HP w19 MouseRoccat Savu Keyboard: Corsair Raptor K30 Mouse Pad: Perixx DX-1000XXL Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 

I'd go with the Corsair 230T, but here are all other cases on PPP marked as compatible with the NH-D15 and rated with at least 4 stars, sorted ascending to price. ;)

Those LEDs. It's a no. 

Or am I being far too picky.

I'm using the PCPartPicker compatibility to check these. You can check the official manufacturers pages to confirm.

Look, I'd just get the S340 but because of 4mm I can't get it. 

Darn it. 

Well it seems like it has a lot of issues, but some reviews say that it's gone. It's in my range.

It's mostly the stupid fan controller.

All of them aside from S340 can

"Rawr XD"

Those LEDs. It's a no. 

Um, yeah you might be being a tad too picky xD

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

Look, I'd just get the S340 but because of 4mm I can't get it. 

Darn it. 

It technically works, but you can only use one fan.

900x900px-LL-6f35b438_s340_zpsfad4daaa.j

"Rawr XD"

Not all of the ones that PCPP states will actually work

"Rawr XD"

Um, yeah you might be being a tad too picky xD

Oh my personality 

It's mostly the stupid fan controller.

All of them aside from S340 can

It seems the Core is my best bet...

It technically works, but you can only use one fan.

900x900px-LL-6f35b438_s340_zpsfad4daaa.j

...but what is this?

How much would performance be impacted by using just one fan?

Those LEDs. It's a no. 

how about this classic: CoolerMaster HAF 912

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

Oh my personality 

It seems the Core is my best bet...

...but what is this?

How much would performance be impacted by using just one fan?

Apparently it works pretty well. Not as good as two fans, but still plenty of cooling.

You could just put the 2nd cooler fan on the case's top fan mount instead lol

"Rawr XD"

Apparently it works pretty well. Not as good as two fans, but still plenty of cooling.

You could just put the 2nd cooler fan on the case's top fan mount instead lol

Would it cool a 5820K at, say, a 4.4/4.5Ghz overclock adequately? 

Would it cool a 5820K at, say, a 4.4/4.5Ghz overclock adequately? 

Sure why not, as long as general airflow in the case is good.

"Rawr XD"

Sure why not, as long as general airflow in the case is good.

I have low profile RAM anyway so I can probably try and squeeze in the fan, so could you post me the link to the 'instructions' on how to hack in the D15 to the S340? 

Not really lol 

I got it from here http://www.overclock.net/t/1480717/noctua-nh-d15-club/680

Sorry for being 100% newbie here but I have to ask another question.

So I could literally just install the D15 with one fan and it'd fit? That simple? I think you're a lot more knowledgable than I am so how would you do it?

Yeah, because when you put the D15 together you have to install the fans yourself, so you just install one of them and skip the other.

"Rawr XD"

I'll take the gamble. Hopefully it works. 

Thanks!