Is Razer Kraken a piece of s**t?

danixdlolz

The Hyper X Cloud you mean? It's the same price as the Kraken Chroma right now, 100 bucks, and the HD 558 is 200 or so.

No they are not on amazon there $110.00 and fluctuate to $95.00 and yes I mean the Hyper X Clouds.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

Well you read it. I REALLY like the looks of the Kraken, but I've heard that they are not as good and comfortable as they claim to be. What would you recommend? I'm planning on buying a pair of new headphones cause my actual ones suck.

Yes. I'd personally recommend the Sennheiser HD598.

Friggin love them, the sound is amazing and they're the most comfortable headphone I've ever had at a reasonable price.

edit: nvm my post, did not see the budget limit.

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

Yes and that's what were saying for spending the same money you could get something a lot better in quality.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

The Hyper X Cloud you mean? It's the same price as the Kraken Chroma right now, 100 bucks, and the HD 558 is 200 or so.

$116

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-558-Headphones/dp/B004FEEY9A

Since you clearly need money explained to you

If something costs $100 and is garbage (kraken 7.1)

and something costs less than $100 and is better (cloud 2)

and something else costs $136 and is dramatically better (hd558 with a decent $20 mic or just $116 for them alone)

or something else that sounds dramatically better for $80 (Pioneer SE A1000s 60 and a $20 mic)

or you can get something that sounds dramatically better and has a REALLY nice mic for the price for $120-$130 (SE A1000s and a blue snowball)

Why would you get the first one?

$116

If something costs 100 and is garbage (kraken 7.1)

and something costs less than 100 and is better (cloud 2)

and something else costs 136 and is dramatically better (hd558 with a decent $20 mic or just 116 for them alone)

preach-12.jpg?w=500&h=409

Preach it! Brotha!

Well maybe I'm getting the H2100 instead of the Cloud II's

$116

If something costs $100 and is garbage (kraken 7.1)

and something costs less than $100 and is better (cloud 2)

and something else costs $136 and is dramatically better (hd558 with a decent $20 mic or just $116 for them alone)

or something else that sounds dramatically better for $80 (Pioneer SE A1000s 60 and a $20 mic)

Here's an even better question, if I trust a company's products that I've used since 2009, and the audio quality is just about as good as I need them to be, why would I buy something else? If a brand has been good and reliable for me, then yes, I'll keep buying their stuff till they prove me wrong with their build quality.

A headset is a headset, if I want a headset that I can change the lighting on, comfortable to wear, a mic already in said headset, and the audio quality is more than good enough for me. Then yes, I'll buy it, and you telling I am wasting my money is not your call to make, it's my money, and I'll buy whatever makes me happy. As I said before it's a headset, and if I really wanted something crazy good I wouldn't be spending only 100 bucks on it.

The op asked if the Krakens are shit, and I simply replied no, because like I said before I haven't had a single issue with them. 

Here's an even better question, if I trust a company's products that I've used since 2009, and the audio quality is just about as good as I need them to be, why would I buy something else? If a brand has been good and reliable for me, then yes, I'll keep buying their stuff till they prove me wrong with their build quality.

Just because other people hate the brand? Or that I am somehow incapable of spending my money on performance per dollar?

A headset is a headset, if I want a headset that I can change the lighting on, comfortable to wear, a mic already in said headset, and the audio quality is more than good enough for me. Then yes, I'll buy it, and you telling I am wasting my money is not your call to make, it's my money, and I'll buy whatever makes me happy. As I said before it's a headset, and if I really wanted something crazy good I wouldn't be spending only 100 bucks on it.

You can get better... From companies just as/more reputable... For cheaper. 

You might be stupid

You can get better... From companies just as/more reputable... For cheaper. 

You might be stupid

Calling me stupid because I trust a brand over others is your problem, not mine.

Calling me stupid because I trust a brand over others is your problem, not mine.

Don't trust brands. Trust specific products. That specific product is not very good.

You are stupid. You do have a problem. 

The op asked if the Krakens are shit, and I simply replied no, because like I said before I haven't had a single issue with them. 

That's a really silly way to look at things, you can throw away your money if you want but you shouldn't persuade others too!

You can get better! Much better, for example Seinheiser has a far better brand regognitation for audio and is just as or more reputable and isn't utter garbage and gives you a good price/performance ratio unlike Razer.

Don't trust brands. Trust specific products. That specific product is not very good.

You are stupid. You do have a problem. 

I think you and other people have a problem actually, because apparently this overpriced garbage headset of mine works really freaking well. And hasn't broken on me or have crap audio quality so bad that everything sounds muddy and distorted.

I gave the op my opinion, giving me shit and calling me stupid for liking something sure as hell as doesn't make you look any better. 

That's a really silly way to look at things, you can throw away your money if you want but you shouldn't persuade others too!

You can get better! Much better, for example Seinheiser has a far better brand regognitation for audio and is just as or more reputable and isn't utter garbage and gives you a good price/performance ratio unlike Razer.

I don't doubt they do, but as I said, I bought the headset and I am happy with it, and was simply telling the op that I had a good experience with it.

Kinda like how my RMA with Asus actually got me a brand spanking new board for free, and wasn't crappy customer service at all.

I think you and other people have a problem actually, because apparently this overpriced garbage headset of mine works really freaking well. And hasn't broken on me or have crap audio quality so bad that everything sounds muddy and distorted.

I gave the op my opinion, giving me shit and calling me stupid for liking something sure as hell as doesn't make you look any better. 

It does not work "really freaking well." If you take really good care of a $15 headset it will also output audio. They DO have crap audio quality.

You can get much better for cheaper. 

It does not work "really freaking well." If you take really good care of a $15 headset it will also output audio. They DO have crap audio quality.

You can get much better for cheaper. 

Have you actually used one? Or are you going of word of mouth?

Because yea, I won't say they are the best headset ever but for what I spent I am very happy with what I got. 

You're trying so hard to convince me that I should try another product but the only thing you've done so far is you convinced me you have more issues with the brand name itself than the actual headset. 

Have you actually used one? Or are you going of word of mouth?

Because yea, I won't say they are the best headset ever but for what I spent I am very happy with what I got. 

You're trying so hard to convince me that I should try another product but the only thing you've done so far is you convinced me you have more issues with the brand name itself than the actual product. 

I have a pair. I greatly regret the purchase. I have Kraken 7.1's, G930's, Sennheiser PC360's, Pioneer SE A1000's, and HD518's, all in my house right now.

You are really a moron who can't read if you think I dislike the razer brand. Go read my previous comments. I literally said that their aethetics are great, mice are great, keyboards are good, and headsets have great build quality, despite their shit audio. Idiot.

I have no problem with them as a brand. Brands don't matter. Individual products matter.

d683d0502e.png

b719e05519.png

8afb1170a1.png

12e219f294.png

2c348ef125.png

e2c476cb09.png

I have a pair. I greatly regret the purchase. I have Kraken 7.1's, G930's, Sennheiser PC360's, Pioneer SE A1000's, and HD518's, all in my house right now.

You are really a moron who can't read if you think I dislike the razer brand. Go read my previous comments. I literally said that their aethetics are great, mice are great, keyboards are good, and headsets have great build quality, despite their shit audio. Idiot.

Well that sucks for you, guess I must have gotten the godly headset that never has issues and sounds well enough that I can hear everything my enemy does in a game, and the mic on allows my voice to be heard perfectly without any buzz or distortion.

So yea, don't really know what to tell you, but calling me stupid really doesn't make me wanna try other stuff. If anything it pretty much makes me wanna not listen to your opinions at all.

Well that sucks for you, guess I must have gotten the godly headset that never has issues and sounds well enough that I can hear everything my enemy does in a game, and the mic on allows my voice to be heard perfectly without any buzz or distortion.

So yea, don't really know what to tell you, but calling me stupid really doesn't make me wanna try other stuff. If anything it pretty much makes me wanna not listen to your opinions at all.

Read the next post.

They do not sound "well enough" you even said in another post that you have tried very few headphones. You just don't know any better.

YOU CAN TURN THAT SURROUND ON IN CSGO ITSELF YOU IDIOT.

An average mic is nothing to brag about.

Read the next post.

They do not sound "well enough" you even said in another post that you have tried very few headphones. You just don't know any better.

YOU CAN TURN THAT SURROUND ON IN CSGO ITSELF YOU IDIOT.

An average mic is nothing to brag about.

Ok then to clarify, it's like this in every game I've played, and again, if you're trying to prove a point quit insulting me.

I don't understand what your not getting he's just trying to help you and show you that you wasted your money, any headset can make sounds and any mic can pick up your voice, but you can get better. Trust me a lot better it's not your fault you just don't know better. It's the same concept as getting a Lamborghini and a Honda, both drive and both get the job done but one is better then the other. You want to pay the same price for a Honda, when you can get a Lambo.. Also the 7.1 audio can literally be activated on any headset, anyone can download synapse, you just got tricked into the gimicks, when you listen to a real pair of headphones you'll look back at this and laugh, it comes with experience.

Ok then to clarify, it's like this in every game I've played, and again, if you're trying to prove a point quit insulting me.

In the vast majority of games there is a headphone / surround game, making the 7.1 with krakens useless.

You don't want to be called stupid? Don't be stupid. You can get better products across the board for cheaper.

I don't understand what your not getting he's just trying to help you 

No I'm not. I honestly don't care that he wasted his money. I'm trying to make sure that his stupidity does not cause someone to make a poor purchase.

No I'm not. I honestly don't care that he wasted his money. I'm trying to make sure that his stupidity does not cause someone to make a poor purchase.

Aye, that's why I said "it's ok for him to waste his money but not waste other peoples money."