Best Open World Racing Game(s)? PC ONLY!

Swndlr

Forza Motorsport * are all hardcore sims

Forza Horizon * are open world, less serious but still retain the realistic physics (awesome wheel support too)

I'll have to disagree, iRacing/Rfactor 2/GSC and the like are sims, Forza is simcade. 

The closest thing I can think of on PC would be the Crew, more arcadey again but open world and worth a play, if you want to go even more arcadey Burnout Paradise. 

God that game was sooo good. I made a fortune on the market place by selling motorbike liveries. it was notthing specail but it still looked awesome.

oh I remember the days when I would ride around in a Chevy Cobalt listening to the pretty darn good soundtrack

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

</thread>

I also support the notion of Grand Theft Auto V. But I can't turn down the original Most Wanted. I love that game. 

Get GTA and wait for the new need for speed to come out really.

Well why not just GTA V Online? You can easily ignore the shooting and robbery jobs and just do the racing ones, that's what I do anyways

Not really a racing game per se but GTA V, all the other open world racing games have just been disappointing imo.

ive already played gta online, racing wasnt really fun and its not focused around cars and upgrades and all that, theres a lot more to gta than just the racing

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Burnout: Paradise City?

I don't know... Maybe?

played this game on console a few years ago when it came out :) love it so much, but i wouldnt really spend money on it if i have it on my xbox already :P

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Test Drive Unlimited

Burnout Paradise is one I played a lot on Xbox and the PC port isn't that bad at all. There isn't an car "upgrades", just more cars to unlock and use. The singleplayer can get a bit repetitive, but multiplayer is pretty fun.

The crew is a bit meh, which is why I don't even have it installed on my PC anymore. It's just not worth the disk space and based on the comments in the Ubisoft forums it's only getting worse with each patch.

Considering that NFSW is closing down soon, I'd pick Test Drive Unlimited 1 as the go-to open-world racer. The official servers may be down, but the Project Paradise mod has its own server and that seems to be more reliable than Atari's servers were.

There's no real online racing to be done there though, it's just a sandbox now where you meat up with like-minded people and go cruising. IMO it still is better than the other open-world racing games out there.

I would say GTA V too. Yes the car handling is not realistic but its really fun. Probably the most fun ive had "racing".

The Crew is terrible imo

I also like Test Drive Unlimited.

CPU - i7 8700K / Motherboard - ROG Strix Z370 E/ RAM - 32GB Cosair Vengeance DDR / GPU  - GTX 1080ti - EVGA FTW3 / PSU - Seasonic Snow Silent 750W / Cooling - Cryorig H7 Monitor - Acer X34 Predator / Sound - Corsair Void - Case - Meshify C