Best Open World Racing Game(s)? PC ONLY!

Swndlr

i just got the sudden urge to play an open world racing game, which ones are the best ones right now?

NFS Most Wanted kinda got boring and its not really open world :S

update: the crew seems very appealing, an its only $20, considering buying that

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Not really a racing game per se but GTA V, all the other open world racing games have just been disappointing imo.

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Forza Horizon 2, is easily the best imo (Only Xbox Though)

The Crew, is alrightishhh 

2005 NFS Most Wanted, classic 

@Swndlr

I am personally not a racing fan, but I do know that Forza Horizon is quite good (360 only)

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

@Swndlr

First one is better

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

Well why not just GTA V Online? You can easily ignore the shooting and robbery jobs and just do the racing ones, that's what I do anyways

Awfulll car physics though, assuming OP is looking for a fairly realistic experience (also bad wheel support)

@Swndlr

</thread>

I also support the notion of Grand Theft Auto V. But I can't turn down the original Most Wanted. I love that game. 

First one is better

I think the second one is miles better, the world is soooo much more rich, larger more things to do in general. (xbox one one I mean)

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

i just got the sudden urge to play an open world racing game, which ones are the best ones right now?

NFS Most Wanted kinda got boring and its not really open world :S

If you are into arcade go for the crew. I completed it and now i am a little bit bored becasue all cars kind of feal the same :/

It is weird. idk

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

I think the second one is miles better, the world is soooo much more rich, larger more things to do in general.

I see what you mean but the first one was my first ever racing game, and I was addicted to the story! 

Loved that game so much!

And the music, gheez I wanna go play it now haha

Awfulll car physics though, assuming OP is looking for a fairly realistic experience (also bad wheel support)

Realistic car physics and open world? I don't think that exists though I'm not sure

-------

Current Rig

-------

NFS MW

or gtav I guess?

My Build: 4690k @ 4.7 GHz, ASUS Strix 970 @ 1316 MHz, H105, Corsair Vengeance Pro @ 1600 MHz, H440, RM750

Realistic car physics and open world? I don't think that exists though I'm not sure

Forza Horizon (both of them)

Solitaire. 

Forza Horizon 2 is the only one but as I said it's Xbox only :(

I thought Forza games were not realistic and were more arcade style. 

Forza Motorsport * are all hardcore sims

Forza Horizon * are open world, less serious but still retain the realistic physics (awesome wheel support too)

I thought Forza games were not realistic and were more arcade style. 

The horizon games are more arcady, the motorsport games are sim-cade I would say, it certainly feels good with a controller. Sure not the same level as something like iRacing but the closest thing without being that. It makes the game a lot more accessible with lots of settings for handling and braking. They have pretty good physics due their close partnerships with tyre companies.

I loved Midnight Club Los Angeles when I was younger.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

I loved Midnight Club Los Angeles when I was younger.

God that game was sooo good. I made a fortune on the market place by selling motorbike liveries. it was nothing special but it still looked awesome.