Which PSU's are reliable at 750W?

shadowr1ku
Go to solution Solved by Interfectorem,

The EVGA 750 G2 is worshiped around here, so I'm going to go ahead and suggest that, since it seems like a nice quality unit.

Hello Forum!

So after reading the pinned thread, I do need a 750w PSU (970 SLI and OC my i7-4770k).

After reading through some threads, Corsair seems to be a no go when it comes to quality/price. I have only seen people suggest Corsair because of brand name I am assuming.

TL;DR - Which brands are reliable and look nice in a blacked out build?

(USD, I live in CA US)

EVGA is good

i7-5820K | ASUS X99-A | Corsair DDR4 LPX 16 GB | MSI GTX 970 Gaming | Corsair 750D | WD Black 1 TB | MX100 256 GB | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 Watt | ASUS VG248QE | Corsair H105 | K70 MX blues non-RGB | M95 | H1500 | Windows 8.1 64-bit

Hello Forum!

So after reading the pinned thread, I do need a 750w PSU (970 SLI and OC my i7-4770k).

After reading through some threads, Corsair seems to be a no go when it comes to quality/price. I have only seen people suggest Corsair because of brand name I am assuming.

TL;DR - Which brands are reliable and look nice in a blacked out build?

(USD, I live in CA US)

The EVGA G2 is a good price to performance PSU

inb4 everyone spams it

The EVGA 750 G2 is worshiped around here, so I'm going to go ahead and suggest that, since it seems like a nice quality unit.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

other good brands are silverstone and the corsair RM,HX, and AX are good and also the NZXT HALE's are decent

The EVGA G2 is a good price to performance PSU

inb4 everyone spams it

EVGA is good

Lol wow, everyone agreed with EVGA G2 and one mentioned Corsair series. Didn't the RM series turn out to be lesser quality?

Lol wow, everyone agreed with EVGA G2 and one mentioned Corsair series. Didn't the RM series turn out to be lesser quality?

The RM series are still good quality PSU's even with lower end capacitors on the secondary side, but for the price of it, it should have been perfect basically which the EVGA G2 does and at a lower price point. 

I may throw in a list here of some but not all.

Cooler Master V series

Seasonic SSR

Super Flower Leadex

Corsair AX/AX(i)/RM/CSM

Antec Truepower

EVGA G2

Enermax Platimax

XFX XTR

Silverstone Strider Gold/SST (?)

Anything kind of rated at 80+ Gold or higher. currently i think 8-9/10 you'll be reccomended a EVGA G2 Supernova. and i'd say go with that one :) it's pretty much the go to option for PSU's at this moment in time, nearly getting to 212 EVO levels now as the default reccommendation.

But that huge warranty (10 years i last heard) The Fanless option, the reccomendation by jonnyguru and pretty much everyone else makes the G2 the "go to" option.

i'd reccommend it myself :), the 850W one i have has ran my system flawlessly and without complaint,

though if you feel like being a rebel i hear the XFX XTR is up there in quality with the Supernova, and i notice linus has a thing going for the V series PSU's from cooler master.

Hey bro i like yo *vomits on you*

SpOOkY  - Intel Core i7 4820K - Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ Toxic Edition 6GB - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz - Gigabyte X79-UD3 - EVGA Supernova G2 850W

My GrApHiCs DeSiGn TeAcHeR Is GoInG To bE sO MaD

i like my corsair HX750i

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

If I build another pc, my psu goes out, or I replace my psu to get better cables I'd get an EVGA G2 750w-850w....

Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz 1.18v, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 500GB 850 EVO, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB,  Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Windows 10

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti 4GB, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

i like my corsair HX750i

I may throw in a list here of some but not all.

Cooler Master V series

Seasonic SSR

Super Flower Leadex

Corsair AX/AX(i)/RM/CSM

Antec Truepower

EVGA G2

Enermax Platimax

XFX XTR

Silverstone Strider Gold/SST (?)

Anything kind of rated at 80+ Gold or higher. currently i think 8-9/10 you'll be reccomended a EVGA G2 Supernova. and i'd say go with that one :) it's pretty much the go to option for PSU's at this moment in time, nearly getting to 212 EVO levels now as the default reccommendation.

But that huge warranty (10 years i last heard) The Fanless option, the reccomendation by jonnyguru and pretty much everyone else makes the G2 the "go to" option.

i'd reccommend it myself :), the 850W one i have has ran my system flawlessly and without complaint,

though if you feel like being a rebel i hear the XFX XTR is up there in quality with the Supernova, and i notice linus has a thing going for the V series PSU's from cooler master.

For the sake of good information, what would be the difference between the AX/HX with EVGA G2?

Just quality/warrenty?

For the sake of good information, what would be the difference between the AX/HX with EVGA G2?

Just quality/warrenty?

Mainly the difference would be with the AX series is the efficiency, for both AX/HX series they have a 7year warranty where the EVGA G2 has 10 year warranty. I personally have an AX760 and have no complaints about it.

Power quality wise all three of those are excellent in delivering tight clean power to the components.

Just quality/warrenty?

Well one i believe is that the corsair unit has a automatic fanless function? where as the G2's is manual (I MUCH prefer it being manual on the G2 imo). also warranty wise i believe EVGA's is 10 years if you register it, but 3 years if you dont, where as corsair's is 7 years for the AX i read :) Same for some HX units (if it's a 750W one it should be 7 years)

I hear both corsair and EVGA's customer services are rather really good :).

Also I believe the AX units are seasonic built, EVGA G2's are Super Flower (Based pretty much on the Leadex Gold PSU by Super Flower), and HX series are ethier Seasonic or Channel Well. then apart from that i believe there is the aesthetics too.

AX(i) i believe is a flextronics build :) which i hear is a company that does server PSU's.

i could be wrong so if i am someone correct me.

SpOOkY  - Intel Core i7 4820K - Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ Toxic Edition 6GB - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz - Gigabyte X79-UD3 - EVGA Supernova G2 850W

Well one i believe is that the corsair unit has a automatic fanless function? where as the G2's is manual (I MUCH prefer it being manual on the G2 imo). also warranty wise i believe EVGA's is 10 years if you register it, but 3 years if you dont, where as corsair's is 7 years for the AX i read :) Same for some HX units (if it's a 750W one it should be 7 years)

I hear both corsair and EVGA's customer services are rather really good :).

Also I believe the AX units are seasonic built, EVGA G2's are Super Flower (Based pretty much on the Leadex Gold PSU by Super Flower), and HX series are ethier Seasonic or Channel Well. then apart from that i believe there is the aesthetics too.

AX(i) i believe is a flextronics build :) which i hear is a company that does server PSU's.

i could be wrong so if i am someone correct me.

Isn't it great that companies make purchasing choices tough? lol. Well I guess which ever gets the better deal between the EVGA G2 or Corsair AX/HX.

evga g2 all day erry day

even tho i have an rm because i couldnt wait for shipping kek

My Build: 4690k @ 4.7 GHz, ASUS Strix 970 @ 1316 MHz, H105, Corsair Vengeance Pro @ 1600 MHz, H440, RM750

sni'p

AX, higher quality

HX quieter than AX and cheaper

dunno about the EVGA one

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Isn't it great that companies make purchasing choices tough? lol. Well I guess which ever gets the better deal between the EVGA G2 or Corsair AX/HX.

Pretty much xD.

Good luck!

RM gets rekt by G2

900x900px-LL-145c7485_01Leadex12v.gif

However if you can live with semi-modularity instead of full, and don't need hybrid fan mode, IMO the 750B2 is a better buy for your money then the 750G2.

"Rawr XD"