Experiences from your first PC build

c_marriott

My first built pc was the opposite of color coordinated.

Born too early to explore the galaxy, born too late to explore the seas, born just in time to make memes.

Really sad. I got all the parts for Christmas and put it all together for a no post. Gigabyte gave me a defective motherboard and it took Newegg over a month after sending it in to tell me they were out of stock. Never using newegg again, got a refund and bought everything from Amazon and now my PC works great :D

Nude Fist 1: i5-4590-ASRock h97 Anniversary-16gb Samsung 1333mhz-MSI GTX 970-Corsair 300r-Seagate HDD(s)-EVGA SuperNOVA 750b2

Name comes from anagramed sticker for "TUF Inside" (A sticker that came with my original ASUS motherboard)

With mine, my front panel audio didn't work. Cable management was horrid.

The 24 pin connector is on the edge of the motherboard, and to this day it is not in all the way. (I don't want to crack the motherboard)

AND THE STUPID 90 DEGREE SATA CONNECTORS WERE FACING THE WRONG WAY!!!!

Core i3-4150 | MSI B85I |EVGA GTX 750ti |Cooler Master Elite 110

My first build was my first gaming PC. Learned that installing after-market coolers can be a bitch, and to always buy a case with a CPU cut-out :) The worst part was that I only plugged in 4 of the 8 CPU-power pins on my mobo, couldn't figure out why it wasn't working. Really freaked out for an entire day thinking I'd wasted so much money. Live and learn.

Glad I learned all those lessons on my own PC instead of somebody elses.

HexCase: Corsair iCUE 5000X RGBCPU: Ryzen R7 3700X  | MOBO: Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaw DDR4-3600 16GB | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB & 480 GB EVO | HDD: 4tb WD Black & 3TB WD Green | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+ | Cooler: CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT, | Monitor: Acer Predator X34 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB | Mouse: Logitech Hero | OS: Windows 11 | Speakers: Audioengine A5+ | Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud 2 | Laptop/Tablet: TBD | Phone: Samsung Note 9 | PS4 | Xbox One | TV Sony XBR55X900F

in my first real build i paired up an i7 870 with an gts 250... the ram i used was incompatible with my motherboard and i cheaped out on my psu (just a little bit) but after i changed the memory within a few months it ran smoothly (performance wasn't awesome or anything due to the gpu) but later i could easily upgrade the gpu and not worry about any other components. although many upgrades later the psu finally gave up, it became unstable at load (just after i sleeved the damn thing :( )

#killedmywife #howtomakebombs #vgamasterrace

I'm really happy because i nailed on first try and it is so much better then my old PC

had a little panic moment when it would refuse to boot because it couldn't find the cpu fan ^^ it was simply plugged in the wrong slot, still worked just fine

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I forgot to buy an SSD mount so I just put it in with one screw :D