Best 1440p IPS monitor TO DATE.

CurlyCucumber

I'm sure this question has been beaten to death already but,

What's the best 1440p monitor that's out right now? I'd prefer it to be IPS as apparently it's REALLY worth paying the extra, but let me know on that.

It doesn't necessarily have to be IPS, but if it's worth paying extra, I'd take it. I see some monitors from Asus are good, but most posts I see are from a while ago.

My color scheme is black and blue, and I'd really prefer the monitor is all black. No weird colored parts to it.

Thank you for any information provided! :)

My baby| CPU: Core i5-4690K  |  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  |  CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Plus |   Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | GPU: MSI R9 390  |  RAM: 16 GB - G.Skill Ripjaws X |

We brawlers are sustained by willpower, even if mocked as reckless and crazy! - Kamina

For gaming, definitely the Acer XB270HU. It blows everything out of the water right now.

It's IPS, 1440p, 144Hz, and has G-sync. What more could you ask for?

http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Displays/Acer-XB270HU-27-1440P-144Hz-IPS-G-Sync-Monitor-Review

I actually couldn't underclock my 5 year old GPU to make it as slow as a next-gen console.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

Acer G257HU is a nice monitor. And about half the price of what everyone else will recommend. 

MG279Q From Asus

Is it even out yet?

My baby| CPU: Core i5-4690K  |  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  |  CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Plus |   Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | GPU: MSI R9 390  |  RAM: 16 GB - G.Skill Ripjaws X |

We brawlers are sustained by willpower, even if mocked as reckless and crazy! - Kamina

For gaming, definitely the Acer XB270HU. It blows everything out of the water right now.

http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Displays/Acer-XB270HU-27-1440P-144Hz-IPS-G-Sync-Monitor-Review

i second this one if you can afford it, Also if you play really modern triple A shooters on max settings you'll need a second 970 to really let the monitor shine with its higher refresh rate since 1440p is fine for a single 970, but  high refresh rate 1440p requires a second one. (only in maxed out triple A shooters though, if you play less demanding games such as: dota, LoL, hearthstone, indie games, counterstrike, etc you can get away with a single 970 delivering high FPS)

A 1ms response time. I could ask for that.

"No Gavin, it is Apple Maps bad..."

A 1ms response time. I could ask for that.

It really doesn't make that much of a difference unless you play games really competitively. 4ms is perfectly fine IMO. I'd rather sacrifice 3ms of delay than have the color reproduction of a TN panel.

I actually couldn't underclock my 5 year old GPU to make it as slow as a next-gen console.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

It really doesn't make that much of a difference unless you play games really competitively. 4ms is perfectly fine IMO. I'd rather sacrifice 3ms of delay than have the color reproduction of a TN panel.

well some of us do play competitive. And the questions was asked, "what else could you ask for". I answered. 

Also, on the RoG swift the colours are prettttttty fkn good. (not perfect, i know), but for gaming I'd prefer fast to perfect color

well some of us do play competitive. And the questions was asked, "what else could you ask for". I answered. 

Also, on the RoG swift the colours are prettttttty fkn good. (not perfect, i know), but for gaming I'd prefer fast to perfect color

The colors on a Rog Swift are pretty bad compared to an IPS panel.  That you can easily tell the difference.

Thrive on change. Embrace volatility.

The colours on a Rog Swift aren't up to the standards when compared to a good IPS, but no one expects them to be. Ive seen it in stores multiple times now, and honestly...wow. I really didn't expect a TN panel to look as good as it does. I personally wouldn't buy it since I do some colour-critical work but it's beautiful. And build quality is second to none.
I don't know if I'd recommend it though due to all the problems the monitor seems to have.

Was reading on hardforum last night about the Acer as well (since Im in the market for a new monitor, just havent decided which) and there seems to be a few problems with panel quality. The stand also isn't great but that was expected since they use the same one as on their 4K G-sync. But because if the panel lottery that seems to be going on I'd rather wait a little while

But good luck in your choice mate...I hate having to select a new monitor myself, just can't decide  :P

Case Define r3 CPU 3930k GPU EVGA GTX 780 RAM 16GB Vengeance PSU Corsair HX750W SSD Samung 840 Evo 500GB + Corsiar Force 120GB + Samsung 840 250GB HDD 2x WD Blue 1TB + Seagate 2TB Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 Monitor Asus MG279 Headphones Sennheiser HD700 + Beyerdynamic T51p + Sennheiser ie80 Microphone Rode Podcaster  DAC/Amp Denon DA-USB300 + Schiit Valhalla 

The colours on a Rog Swift aren't up to the standards when compared to a good IPS, but no one expects them to be. Ive seen it in stores multiple times now, and honestly...wow. I really didn't expect a TN panel to look as good as it does. I personally wouldn't buy it since I do some colour-critical work but it's beautiful. And build quality is second to none.

I don't know if I'd recommend it though due to all the problems the monitor seems to have.

Was reading on hardforum last night about the Acer as well (since Im in the market for a new monitor, just havent decided which) and there seems to be a few problems with panel quality. The stand also isn't great but that was expected since they use the same one as on their 4K G-sync. But because if the panel lottery that seems to be going on I'd rather wait a little while

But good luck in your choice mate...I hate having to select a new monitor myself, just can't decide  :P

Ya, it is shocking for a TN panel. And it is fast. 

As far as quality goes, it was the first batch that seemed to have the problems. I ordered from the first lot and got lucky. Nothing wrong with mine every, and I adore it.

Ya, it is shocking for a TN panel. And it is fast. 

As far as quality goes, it was the first batch that seemed to have the problems. I ordered from the first lot and got lucky. Nothing wrong with mine every, and I adore it.

Wait, so they've fixed the issue?? 

...I feel like buying it now  :P

Case Define r3 CPU 3930k GPU EVGA GTX 780 RAM 16GB Vengeance PSU Corsair HX750W SSD Samung 840 Evo 500GB + Corsiar Force 120GB + Samsung 840 250GB HDD 2x WD Blue 1TB + Seagate 2TB Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 Monitor Asus MG279 Headphones Sennheiser HD700 + Beyerdynamic T51p + Sennheiser ie80 Microphone Rode Podcaster  DAC/Amp Denon DA-USB300 + Schiit Valhalla 

Wait, so they've fixed the issue?? 

...I feel like buying it now  :P

Just get it from somewhere reputable, you'll be fine.

Is that orange ring removable? That would be neat if I could plastidip it blue..

Is this monitor good enough for movies, web surfing etc too?

Is that orange ring removable? That would be neat if I could plastidip it blue..

Not sure if it's removable, but if you really want to get it off, chances are you'll probably be able to somehow.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick