Witcher 3 Graphical downgrade. (POLL)

Aleks

To see that 75% are not angry about bait and switch type tactics says that people here in this community are kind of stupid if I have to say so myself.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

To see that 75% are not angry about bait and switch type tactics says that people here in this community are kind of stupid if I have to say so myself.

That comment says infinitely more about you, than the community's attitude about TW3 says about the community.

Because we are not angry about a videogame we are "stupid." Are you fucking 6 years old?

they already have explained why and are taking the high road and releasing an update to allow you to tweak the settings as well as adding additional ingame settings

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

Because we are not angry about a videogame we are "stupid." Are you fucking 6 years old?

Obviously you don't get it.  Whether it be something worth $1 million or something worth far less bait and switch is not something the consumer should accept.  I think you are the one that has the mind of a 6 year old and can't understand something so simple and important for consumers.

That comment says infinitely more about you, than the community's attitude about TW3 says about the community.

Yeah it says I don't accept society ****ing over the consumer whereas others don't seem to care about this and many other things that are wrong out there.

Obviously you don't get it.  Whether it be something worth $1 million or something worth far less bait and switch is not something the consumer should accept.  I think you are the one that has the mind of a 6 year old and can't understand something so simple and important for consumers.

One day, when you become developer and ignore all consoles, so that you can put the graphics that you really want. I wish you however good luck with the business, because your game won't sell as much. Although I was thinking, if the game doesn't run well on like ps4/5, can you put a software to OC it? :D that might let you squeeze more out of it so that you can have more advanced graphics....

Intel Core i9-9900K | Asrock Phantom Gaming miniITX Z390 | 32GB GSkill Trident Z DDR4@3600MHz C17 | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Watercooled | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD | Crucial MX500 2TB SSD | Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 1000W | anidees AI Crystal Cube White V2 | Corsair M95 | Corsair K50 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pros 250Ohm

No, but more particles wouldn't harm.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Yeah it says I don't accept society ****ing over the consumer whereas others don't seem to care about this and many other things that are wrong out there.

No, that's not what your comment says about you or your opinion about the community.

No, that's not what your comment says about you or your opinion about the community.

Just because you or someone else doesn't like what I said doesn't mean I didn't say it.  Don't tell me what I was trying to say.  I know what I said. OMG people.

I really don't see a downgrade.  Comparing all the "comparison screenshots" used as proof of a downgrade, I've seen those graphics hundreds of times in the 20 hours I've so far put into the game.  It's just that the world is highly dynamic and those specific conditions occur sporadically and are constantly in flux.  It's true that if the conditions aren't right, the game can look kinda cheesy but at the same time, when the conditions are right, it looks jaw-droppingly gorgeous.  The early footage was basically the best of the best the engine had to offer.  Even if CDPR reduced some of the particles to keep things running smoothly, I still feel like I got the product they promised me.

I will never understand the level of butthurt people are getting over this. 

xCOlFfr.jpg

CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.7ghz - RAM: HyperX Savage 16GB DDR3 Memory @2400mhz - GPU: Nvidia GTX 970 3.5GB @1500mhz - Mobo: Gigabyte Gaming 7 Z97 - Storage: Win10 on 240GB HyperX Predator m.2 SSD, - Ubuntu w/ Gnome 3 on 80GB OCZ Vertex 3 - 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Game Installs - 5TB mass storage - Monitor: 21:9 3440x1440 LG 34UM95 - PSU: Corsair RM 750w - Case: Silverstone FT01 - Cooling: Custom Water Loop

I will never understand the level of butthurt people are getting over this. 

As always, people just exaggerated the issue.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

I also vote for "No, I'm not upset".

Although I do see the point of "Why Ubisoft did this and people rage but less people care this time", I would say that the answer would be because for both Watch_Dogs and AC: Unity, the game runs horrible even with the downgrade,

For The Witcher 3, the game still looks gorgeous and it runs much better than AC: Unity. The "excuse" they provided made sense, the graphics needed to be reduce to run, but on the other hand, I say that they could've left the more demanding features in there so people could see that they can't run the game that high with today's hardware, I'm not an expert but I think they could've handled this better.