Pretty sure I have a virus need some help - Sorry if this is not where to post.

Argo

So, I noticed my mouse was acting weird when I was clicking links this morning on Reddit. The cursor would not turn into that pointy finger thing for a while, just stayed in the pointy mode.

I then noticed I seem to have this banner is nearly every website I have tried visiting.

http://i.imgur.com/NuUyVR3.png

Any suggestions on what to do?

I have ran scans with Avast and Windows defender and they found nothing, there is obviously something up with my machine.

So' date=' I noticed my mouse was acting weird when I was clicking links this morning on Reddit. The cursor would not turn into that pointy finger thing for a while, just stayed in the pointy mode. I then noticed I seem to have this banner is nearly every website I have tried visiting. [url']http://i.imgur.com/NuUyVR3.png Any suggestions on what to do? I have ran scans with Avast and Windows defender and they found nothing, there is obviously something up with my machine.

Most likely its an add-one for your browser when you installed a program.

What browser are you using?

Check your add-ons.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

I use Chrome, and my only add-ons are Adblocker and Reddit Enhance Suit.

Re-install chrome. If you're really worried run a scan with malware bytes.

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4

You could try a system restore, I don't know if that actually works but it's what I used to do when I ran windows. Start>applications>system tools>system restore and choose a time before your computer was acting up.

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

Check your HOSTS file or dump it here

c:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

im going to guess they are 2 diff things. the same ad everywhere is a tracker. use something like ghostery to stop sites from collecting your browsing habits.

as for the cursor it very well could be some malware use task manager to check running applications and processes to see if you have unwanted programs messing with your system.