Water cooling build ideas for different parts.

Let me know what you think of the parts i have chosen will be my first water cooling build so any advice on better parts is good! just let me know!

My rig as of now is:

Case: Corsair 800D

CPU: i7-2600k

GPU: GTX 460 v2 x2 i know these are out of date im going to upgrade when i get the money.

Motherboard: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3

Ram: Gskil 12gb x3 4gb ddr3 at 1600

Storage: Intel 520 ssd and a 1tb WD green HDD

Items im thinking about getting for the water cooling build are:

Rad: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/14857/ex-rad-333/Alphacool_NexXxoS_UT60_Full_Copper_Triple_120mm_Radiator.html

This one looks like a good in between for fan speed/cooling but let me know what you think!

Tubing: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/17867/ex-tub-1602/PrimoChill_PrimoFlex_Advanced_LRT_Tubing_12ID_x_34_OD_-_Brilliant_UV_Blue_PFLEXA-34-B.html

Res: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/10277/ex-res-164/FrozenQ_PC_Mods_250mm_Liquid_Fusion_V_Series_2nd_Generation_Reservoir_-_UV_Cathode_-_UV_Blue_Helix.html

fittings: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/10037/ex-tub-606/Bitspower_Ultimate_G_14_Thread_12_ID_x_34_OD_Compression_Fitting_-_Matte_Black_BP-MBCPF-CC5.html

CPU block: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/14186/ex-blc-971/XSPC_RayStorm_High_Performance_Acetal_CPU_Liquid_Cooling_Block_-_Intel_Sockets_LGA_775_1155_1156_1366_2011.html

I heard this one is better the the apogee HD can anyone confirm/deny this?

coolant:http://www.frozencpu.com/products/17718/ex-liq-298/Mayhems_X1_Coolant_Concentrate_-_250mL_-_Clear.html

Pump: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/6190/ex-pmp-54/Swiftech_MCP655_12v_Water_Pump_w_Speed_Control_and_38_Conversion_Kit_317_GPH.html

As for fans still not 100% sure what im going to get feel free to tell me what you like!

I think the pump and res will be more than enough too cool the cpu (probably not the graphic though), the rest is looks ^^

I will be not be cooling the gtx 460s when i get a new gpu i will cool that but not 2 of them:)

Get extra coolant because one thing that you may have forgotten is that there will need to be coolant inside the tubes as well as in the blocks. So enough coolant to fill the res wont be enough to fill the loop.

Make sure that you have space in your case for the rad aswell as the fans that are going to be mounted on it. If you use the 60mm rad then add fans to one side it becomes 85mm thick and if you add fans to both sides it will become 110mm thick

Make sure the you also get fans that are optimised for radiators eg. Silverstone AP121, Noctua NF-F12, GELID Wings or Scythe Gentle Typhoons.

I would get a thinner radiator. Thick radiators like that are going to work best with push/pull which is pushing it for room in the case. Also from my experience any triple rad is enough for single gpu and cpu

I use Corsair SP120s, They perform great at low voltage. they do have a very small clicking noise though

I also use Gentle typhoons, I have to run them much louder to get the same performance as the corsairs

get clear uv blue tubing. i will look great with blue and uv lights

Ok thank for all the ideas everyone!

Parts look ok - but as mentioned - you really need to run that rad in push/pull to get the best performance. Look for maybe a thinner rad with low fin count. Then you could run only push. I use the Corsair SP120 Performance Editions fans with the 7v adapter - very quiet.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

If you get fans that have great static pressure then you don't have to use a push pull setup. If you do you are adding another set of fans to the case and if you are a silence freak like linus and myself then you want as little noise as possible coming from the case and more moving parts means more noise.

I use swiftech helix fans and they are ok on low volt

The radiator is one of the best according to other reviewers and other forums. so that must be good but a bit overkill for only your cpu. A D5 pump is a perfect choice, but maybe a bit overpowerd just like the radiator.

The res is also fine, but a bit expensive in my opninion but so is the rest.

For fans: Scythe gentle typhoons, or gelid wings. both are great options.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff."

Dont understimate my skillsz, you might look foolish.

The radiator is one of the best according to other reviewers and other forums. so that must be good but a bit overkill for only your cpu. A D5 pump is a perfect choice, but maybe a bit overpowerd just like the radiator.

The res is also fine, but a bit expensive in my opninion but so is the rest.

For fans: Scythe gentle typhoons, or gelid wings. both are great options.

Yeah i know :P

My set-up is also expensive (380 euro's, which is about 380 dollars (darn you high european taxes...)) for cpu only, but will also contain gpu's after a short while.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff."

Dont understimate my skillsz, you might look foolish.

Check out Performance PCs for some of your components. Their prices are generally better than FrozenCPU.

The NF-F12 are for Static Pressure use - so better on your Rad - the S12 are more Air flow based fan... so go with the F12's...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99