Samsung 3,000MB/s SSD

Kullzer

xqefEH.jpg

Their speed is impressive but these have been around for a few years now so the tech isn't exactly new.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Wow they score really badly, I wonder how the new Samsung's will score? 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

not only that but samsung one is 2.5 inch, its a lot smaller

not only that but samsung one is 2.5 inch, its a lot smaller

It'll be interesting to see what the adapter looks like.

._. Samsung is just going insane on the ssd market aren't they O_O, 1TB 3GB/s SSD? Thank you!

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Dayum i wonder ehat they cost

Probably twice as much as my whole computer  :lol:  

I'm guessing $3000+ for the 1.6TB version. Probably more

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpeg

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

I don't see the point in having a 2.5 inch device need a PCI-e hookup? It's already occupying a PCI-e lane, just keep the rest of the drive there too

Could be some reason that consumer grade equipment wont be able to hold an SSD above the PCI-e lane but I don't know of it so I'm going to complain :)

Well this would mean that there wouldn't be too much restriction for people running SLI and Crossfire setups :p

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

You could have 4 titans and 3 of these SSD's all hooked up to an AsRock Extreme 11 and not run into any clearance issues!

xD not all people have that many PCI-e slots, granted they could just use a PCI-e extender but many don't know about such things :P plus it'll simply look cooler to have the SSDs stacked like Linus does.

You'd fill the drive in less than a second. Damn.

But I'm more concerned about random reads and write for consumer SSDs, which this isn't. Work on that tech please Samsung.

If it were me I'ld have all my SSD's out where you can see them, just to show off abit

PCI-e SSDs do look pretty damn ugly to be honest XD

You'd fill the drive in less than a second. Damn.

But I'm more concerned about random reads and write for consumer SSDs, which this isn't. Work on that tech please Samsung.

First rule of technology: The awesome things are made commercial then work their way down to us in a few years, with the exception of displays ._. for some reason no one ever brings out the new stuff until Apple pushes them to...

Their speed is impressive but these have been around for a few years now so the tech isn't exactly new.

The controller on these cards take time to load up meaning that boot times are not much better than a consumer SSD. However in Windows it must kick ass.

Fractal Design Define R4 | Intel i7-4770K | Corsair H80i | Corsair SP120 PWM | MSI Z87-GD65 GAMING | 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro | MSI GTX770 GAMING | Samsung 840EVO 120GB | 2x WD Red 2TB | Corsair AX760 | Windows 8 Pro

First rule of technology: The awesome things are made commercial then work their way down to us in a few years, with the exception of displays ._. for some reason no one ever brings out the new stuff until Apple pushes them to...

Yeah true. Though judging from this it would seem sequential speeds are more important for commercial use? 

Yeah true. Though judging from this it would seem sequential speeds are more important for commercial use? 

We do quite a bit of sequential stuff :p for those of us with games having a 1.6TB Bootup drive with our entire steam library and OS on it would be heaven at 3GB/s loading screens would be non-existent.

That's why you wedge a titan either side to hide it :P

I don't mind them but, They are pretty minimalistic and only noticeable if your paying attention

They're just as ugly as network and sound cards ._. we really need to push network and sound companies to put shrouds on there xD

How many munnies in the hell is this awesome thing going to cost?

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?