Mac Book Pro temps are crazy

Do you have it on your lap? Other than making sure the intake isn't blocked by anything, that might just be your cooling... 2011 MBP's don't have the best cooling, mine would sit at around 70-80 degrees. 

Where do you put your laptop? Don't put it on objects that absorbs heat like on bed, if you put it on table then good. Check your laptop for dust, if no dust check the fan, make sure it's working.

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

One of the only downsides to a mackbook pro unfortunately. 

Get SMC fan control and crank it up to max. Also, what exactly are you running on it? The only things that get my Macbook Air to those temps are gaming and BOINC

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

@DimasRMDO @LoneRangerS

I use it as sort of a desktop replacement, plugged into my monitor, kb, and mouse. It is upsidedown (intake on top) with the rear cover removed. (Fan is exposed) I clean the (tiny) heatsink regularly with a blower can thing.

Behind the fan? The dust can build up in there.

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

@DimasRMDO @LoneRangerS

I use it as sort of a desktop replacement, plugged into my monitor, kb, and mouse. It is upsidedown (intake on top) with the rear cover removed. (Fan is exposed) I clean the (tiny) heatsink regularly with a blower can thing.

There might not be much you can do then, i used SMC fan control to set it to max although by the looks of it the temps are sitting at 90+ degrees with full fan speed. Reducing as much load as you can might help a little, but this is one problem with using the MacBook for CPU intensive tasks. 

One of the only downsides to a mackbook pro unfortunately. 

That and the price.

@nicon cleaning the fan itself might help. Aside from that, macbooks have been known to get REALLY hot under load, some models to straight up overheat and throttle. Even some of the recent 5k imacs have the same problem.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

If you're crazy enough, unlink your fan from the motherboard and attach it a 12v battery (probably an A23).

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

I'm not posting this for help, but just cause it was interesting. (MBP Late 2011)

This is what I have done to it

- New Thermal Paste

- Took rear cover off

- Start a light render in Premeiere:

2JRsDIC.jpg

If that's in idle, that's normal. My MBP gets to 102*c during load