28" VA monitor VS 32" IPS Tv

ibbadib

Hey there,

I am in the market for a TV. I will use it for watching movies, series, and playing games from a comfy chair using a controller.

I will be sitting about 2-2.5m away, and it will be wall mounted.

The TV is this one (IPS):

LG 32LB561V

The monitor is this one (VA):

ASUS VN289H

The LG is more expensive.

My issue with TV's though is, sometimes they run at lower refresh rates or resolution when run over HDMI. And they do not always write this in the spec sheet.

I know the VA has faster response, darker blacks and worse viewing angles.

My question is: What would YOU choose?

And, have you had any experince with either of the models?

Thanks

Monitor over TV any day. Response times are better.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

TN - usualy bad color accuracy, bad viewing angle, good response time, easier to drive higher than 60Hz

VA - usualy a lot better color accuracy than TN and slightly worse than IPS, good viewing angles, good response time, very good black colors which are way better than IPS, easier to drive higher than 60Hz

IPS - usualy good color accuracy, good viewing angles, not that good response time (which is in most cases still good enough for games), not as good blacks as with VA, usualy only 60Hz

I would go with the VA 28"

TN - usualy bad color accuracy, bad viewing angle, good response time, easier to drive higher than 60Hz

VA - usualy a lot better color accuracy than TN and slightly worse than IPS, good viewing angles, good response time, very good black colors which are way better than IPS, easier to drive higher than 60Hz

IPS - usualy good color accuracy, good viewing angles, not that good response time (which is in most cases still good enough for games), not as good blacks as with VA, usualy only 60Hz

Yeah I know.

I have 27" 1440P Qnix Korean IPS monitor. I love that one. One of the reasons I am in doubt.

Thanks for all the answers