Upgrade my PC for BF4

Hello everyone, Im looking for some advice before buying some parts for my build, I want to play BF4 decently but Im quite low in money.

The purpouse of this PC was for school use (some office, Programming, and light Photoshop, Flash and Premiere Pro use), now I got a laptop that can do the job and some games I want to play like BF4 or bioshock Infinite aren't availible in the WiiU so, I want to get in the master race for some games.

this is my actual PC

Motherboard -  Asus B85M-G 
http://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/B85MG/

Processor - intel Core i5 4440
http://ark.intel.com/es/products/75038/Intel-Core-i5-4440-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3_30-GHz

RAM - Kingston 8GB DDR3 1333 MHz 
No page availible :(

GPU - Asus Nvidia GT 630 V2 2GB  (Translated from Spanish to English)

https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?act=url&depth=1&hl=es&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com.mx&sl=es&tl=en&u=https://www.asus.com/mx/Graphics_Cards/GT6302GD3V2/&usg=ALkJrhiQZozTJTnn_v8yOy7DRKh-jAX-hw

Case - Acteck Badem micro ATX with 500 watts Power Supply (Translated from Spanish to English)
https://translate.google.com.mx/translate?hl=es&sl=es&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.acteck.com.mx%2Fproducto.php%3Fid%3DWKGP-010%26fam%3DWORK%20IT

Crappy Mouse and Keyboard

Toshiba 2TB Hard Drive

I also got a USB cards reader and a Optical Drive Unit, I want to rid of those two, I don't use them anymore.

I was thinking about switching to the red team replacing the GT 630 with the AMD Radeon R7 260X.

I've got a 1TB external Hard Drive, replace the hard Drive with a Kingston SSD Now V300 120 GB.

also, my PSU doesn't has any kind of certification, Im not sure if I need to replace the 500 w PSU that came with the case with a Corsair CX 430.

If the statement above is true, the components are not going to fit anymore, I think the Corsair Spec 001 will do the job

For Mouse and Keyboard, I liked the Logitech G100S Gaming Combo

Any recommendations? Some other advices? Thanks for reading.

Alfredo

OK I would recommend this -

750 watt PSU

R9 290x

Why 290x? Because the Battlefields are made by ea, and ea and AMD are each others Favorites.

You will generally get better frames

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

the nvidia 630 probably won't do all that well. check your local craigslist for r9 270s as you can usually get them for about $70 usd

OK I would recommend this -

750 watt PSU

R9 290x

Why 290x? Because the Battlefields are made by ea, and ea and AMD are each others Favorites.

You will generally get better frames

750w psu for a system that will hardly even pull 400w from the wall..............................................?

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

750w psu for a system that will hardly even pull 400w from the wall..............................................?

Maybe for for potential XFire in the future?

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

Potential for x fire, overhead and etc.

Also my system consumes 760 watts, since I have a 9590, his should consume about 580 watts

Maybe for for potential XFire in the future?

Potential for x fire, overhead and etc.

Also my system consumes 760 watts, since I have a 9590, his should consume about 580 watts

I thought the tech community has been over this a thousand times, buying a ridiculous power supply for possible future dual card setup especially for someone to doesn't know much about computers is a stupid ideal. Also his system won't pull anywhere NEAR 580, it will literally pull like 440 something watts. 600w psu is more than enough.

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

I thought the tech community has been over this a thousand times, buying a ridiculous power supply for possible future dual card setup especially for someone to doesn't know much about computers is a stupid ideal. Also his system won't pull anywhere NEAR 580, it will literally pull like 440 something watts. 600w psu is more than enough.

Source?

750 is recommended for a 290x.

I actually own a 290x, I am speaking from personal experience.

Don't talk about stuff u are clueless about

290x CF pulls over 550w by itself. When you include the system wattage, it'll be closer to 600w, 650w+ if it's a really power hungry system.

Also, if he knows enough to upgrade his GPU once, he knows enough to upgrade his GPU twice.

When you consider what's reasonable for overhead, 750w is perfect for 290x CF.

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

-Snipe-

lol, I just realized you're new to the forum and no one quoted you. 

Welcome to the forum btw :P

Source?

750 is recommended for a 290x.

I actually own a 290x, I am speaking from personal experience.

Don't talk about stuff u are clueless about

Stuff I'm clueless about, right. Been playing Pc games since before you were born kid so before you get salty think before you speak. Go add up the actual used wattage of each of his parts then come back to me. Hint use basic math...

290x CF pulls over 550w by itself. When you include the system wattage, it'll be closer to 600w, 650w+ if it's a really power hungry system.

Also, if he knows enough to upgrade his GPU once, he knows enough to upgrade his GPU twice.

When you consider what's reasonable for overhead, 750w is perfect for 290x CF.

I don't care what 290x CF uses because I'm telling you CF for someone who is new to pc gaming is a terrible fucking ideal, THIS IS THE OPINION OF LINUS WHOSE WEBSITE YOU'RE ON. The issues and complications that come with a dual card setup are not recommended for a new pc enthusiast to have to deal with.

I don't care what 290x CF uses because I'm telling you CF for someone who is new to pc gaming is a terrible fucking ideal, THIS IS THE OPINION OF LINUS WHOSE WEBSITE YOU'RE ON. The issues and complications that come with a dual card setup are not recommended for a new pc enthusiast to have to deal with.

Holy crap you get riled up easily. :P

Anyway, your argument assumes that the OP is a newbie. What makes you think the OP is a newbie?

PS - You clearly do care what 290x CF uses considering you mentioned it in your previous comment as the major point you were trying to make.

Holy crap you get riled up easily. :P

Anyway, your argument assumes that the OP is a newbie. What makes you think the OP is a newbie?

PS - You clearly do care what 290x CF uses considering you mentioned it in your previous comment as the major point you were trying to make.

Yea I assume he is a newbie because he is asking for help upgrading his system for a triple a title that has tons of benchmarking and tons of info about how components perform on it. Also you are overlooking the fact he has a mATX board that doesn't even have a second 16x pcie lane, even the though of him using a CF setup with his rig is completely ridiculous. Also no where did I comment on how much a 290x CF setup uses, you are the one that brought 290x cf up. My original post was to the other kid recommending a 750w psu for a single 290x setup which is beyond overkill, then you ugys brought up 290x cf which I have been arguing against for literally every other reason besides power draw.

Stuff I'm clueless about, right. Been playing Pc games since before you were born kid so before you get salty think before you speak. Go add up the actual used wattage of each of his parts then come back to me. Hint use basic math...

I am using 756 watts according to corsair link.

The watt meter says 770ish watts.

Yea because comparing your fucking 220w+ cpu with a higher end motherboard, water cooler, twice the amount of higher power draw ram, and a out of the box highly overclocked and meant for extreme overclocking version of a 290x is comparable to his low power system using a fucking 84w cpu and if he did get a 290x would probably be a average one makes total sense right................ Again think before you speak. No where did I say YOUR system only pulls 440 ish watts, I said HIS would.

that sounds high I was expecting sub 600

expecting OPs to be ~500

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Yea because comparing your fucking 220w+ cpu with a higher end motherboard, water cooler, twice the amount of higher power draw ram, and a out of the box highly overclocked and meant for extreme overclocking version of a 290x is comparable to his low power system using a fucking 84w cpu and if he did get a 290x would probably be a average one makes total sense right................ Again think before you speak. No where did I say YOUR system only pulls 440 ish watts, I said HIS would.

220w+?

Read the specs again please

The FX8 is at 4.8ghz with no turbo boost.

The CPU consumes ~200 watts.

And math shows his system should be 120watt less, and the power draw was tested with the gpu at stock one stick of 8 gb ram.

Please I dont think the mobo will make that big of a difference...

640 Watts seeing the cpu differ and 580 considering all other differences..

-snip-

First, here's a question: What's the power limit on your graphics card? The MSi Lightning series is specifically meant for extreme overclocking. The GTX 780 Lightning @Lays had could pull a max of 902 watts by itself. That could play a significant role in why your system consumes more than most that have R9 290x's.

Second, please observe the wattage of the system used to test the R9 290x in that Guru3D article and the specifications of the system itself. The system pulled 401 watts when the graphics card was under full load, and it has an i7-3960X overclocked to 4.6 GHz. Now, the wattage would obviously be higher when both components are stressed to their max, but I can't image it would add more than 150 watts extra, which is still well below what your system consumes. What might cause that discrepancy, hmm?

Third, would it be too much to ask for you to add a picture of the wattage meter used to test how much power your system uses? You can make all the claims you want, but unless you back them up, they're worthless. 

Fourth and finally, why do you think most people are able to run R9 290x's with 600 watt PSUs? I have certainly seen others on LTT who have such systems that run fine, without crashes or power consumption that is even close to the limits of their PSUs. Maybe you should consider that your situation is a special case and not in any way the norm? The guy that you just ignored was being perfectly reasonable and demonstrated how a system with an R9 290x is not going to consume such high amounts of power that you claim. Perhaps he was a little harsh, but I think it was a perfectly understandable thing to do, given how you have been acting to him.

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

-snip-

TOTAL SYSTEM FOR AVERAGE COMPUTERS FX8 IS NOT AVERAGE IT CONSUMES A DECENT AMOUNT OF POWER APPARENTLY ENOUGH TO PULL 750W 

AVERAGE =/= ALWAYS

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

TOTAL SYSTEM FOR AVERAGE COMPUTERS FX8 IS NOT AVERAGE IT CONSUMES A DECENT AMOUNT OF POWER APPARENTLY ENOUGH TO PULL 750W 

AVERAGE =/= ALWAYS

I told the kid twice I'm not arguing with him about how much or how his system pulls 750w, I'm sure his does, it is a beast of a system with some power hungry components in it.

The OP's system on the other hand, is a very average system, maybe even below average for a 290x setup.

I told the kid twice I'm not arguing with him about how much or how his system pulls 750w, I'm sure his does, it is a beast of a system with some power hungry components in it.

The OP's system on the other hand, is a very average system, maybe even below average for a 290x setup.

yes he is fine with a 600 or 550w system

Hello everyone, Im looking for some advice before buying some parts for my build, I want to play BF4 decently but Im quite low in money.

The purpouse of this PC was for school use (some office, Programming, and light Photoshop, Flash and Premiere Pro use), now I got a laptop that can do the job and some games I want to play like BF4 or bioshock Infinite aren't availible in the WiiU so, I want to get in the master race for some games.

this is my actual PC

Motherboard -  Asus B85M-G 

http://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/B85MG/

Processor - intel Core i5 4440

http://ark.intel.com/es/products/75038/Intel-Core-i5-4440-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3_30-GHz

RAM - Kingston 8GB DDR3 1333 MHz 

No page availible :(

GPU - Asus Nvidia GT 630 V2 2GB  (Translated from Spanish to English)

https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?act=url&depth=1&hl=es&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com.mx&sl=es&tl=en&u=https://www.asus.com/mx/Graphics_Cards/GT6302GD3V2/&usg=ALkJrhiQZozTJTnn_v8yOy7DRKh-jAX-hw

Case - Acteck Badem micro ATX with 500 watts Power Supply (Translated from Spanish to English)

https://translate.google.com.mx/translate?hl=es&sl=es&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.acteck.com.mx%2Fproducto.php%3Fid%3DWKGP-010%26fam%3DWORK%20IT

Crappy Mouse and Keyboard

Toshiba 2TB Hard Drive

I also got a USB cards reader and a Optical Drive Unit, I want to rid of those two, I don't use them anymore.

I was thinking about switching to the red team replacing the GT 630 with the AMD Radeon R7 260X.

I've got a 1TB external Hard Drive, replace the hard Drive with a Kingston SSD Now V300 120 GB.

also, my PSU doesn't has any kind of certification, Im not sure if I need to replace the 500 w PSU that came with the case with a Corsair CX 430.

If the statement above is true, the components are not going to fit anymore, I think the Corsair Spec 001 will do the job

For Mouse and Keyboard, I liked the Logitech G100S Gaming Combo

Any recommendations? Some other advices? Thanks for reading.

Alfredo

Budget (before or after rebates)?Currency? Are you playing at 1080p, if so what graphic settings are you looking to play at?