Need help with buying a PC that won't bottleneck a gtx 980, only have 500 USD to spend

Go to solution Solved by Sam Z Man,

Save up 50$ more and get this.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/kppcrH

Edit-Oh yea and if you ever need to you can add another 980 without bottlenecking it.

Before anything I want to state that I own a gtx 980, It was given to me as a birthday gift. 

I want to build a PC, I do NOT mind buying used components. 

It must also be stated that the build I am aiming for must be black and red. 

I am able to use a max of $550 USD, and everything I buy must be from Amazon.

Please help.

-Snipe-

Black and red, aesthetically or do you mean AMD only? 

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

For 500 dollars......?

Okay I've got a way to make this a reality. Find the dodgiest pawn shop you can find, and have them sell you a handgun, bullets, and a balaclava for that 500 dollars.

Then wander into amazon HQ, and ask them really nicely if they'd like to give you all the components that you need for a PC.

Could you do it another way? Maybe, but I think my way is more realistic without delving into the realm of dodgy second hand computer hardware which might be dead on arrival.

Black and red, aesthetically or do you mean AMD only? 

Aesthetically, I don't mind using intel parts

Save up 50$ more and get this.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/kppcrH

Get this. ^^

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

For 500 dollars......?

Okay I've got a way to make this a reality. Find the dodgiest pawn shop you can find, and have them sell you a handgun, bullets, and a balaclava for that 500 dollars.

Then wander into amazon HQ, and ask them really nicely if they'd like to give you all the components that you need for a PC.

Could you do it another way? Maybe, but I think my way is more realistic without delving into the realm of dodgy second hand computer hardware which might be dead on arrival.

Or maybe just get something like this

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

MUST BE STATED THAT I OWN A CARBIDE SPEC 01

Whoops, forgot you said Amazon only.

Since you already have a case, here's what I've got. You'd seriously be better off if you were willing to by from places like Newegg and Superbiiz though.

on top of that, i would add in a cheap 60 gb ssd for your os. just to get that litte bit better performance. you could pick one up real cheap

CPU: i7 6700K with EK Asus Z170S Monoblock MOTHERBOARD: Asus Sabertooth Z170 S  RAM: 16gb DDR4 Corsair Vengeance with EK waterblock  GPU: Galax GTX 1070 HOF with Bitspower Full cover HOF waterblock CASE: Fractal Designs Define S Storage: OS: Samsung 950 Pro 512gb, Mass: 3tb WD Green PSU: Corsair RM850i DISPLAY: Acer Predator x34 COOLING: Complete CPU + GPU + Ram water cooling loop with 1 x 240mm and 1 x 360mm rads KEYBOARD: Corsair K95 RGB with Cherry Brown switches MOUSE: Razer Mamba 4G SOUNDCARD: Creative Labs Zx 5.1 HEADPHONES: Beyerdynamics custom pro one OS: windows 10 home

I'd suggest either downgrading your GPU choice and getting a more balanced system or build a system without a GPU at all and add the 980 later when you have the cash. Frankly, a $500 system with a 980 makes absolutely no sense, since the 980 is practically a no compromises GPU, and it'll be sitting in a system full of compromises.

Useful threads: Code of Conduct || Unofficial LTT Beginners Guide || Forum FAQ

CPU: Intel Core i5 4440 GPU: GTX 760 MOBO: Asrock Z97 Anniversary RAM: 8GB Adata @ 1600 Mhz Case: Define R4 SSD: Kingston V300 128 GB

HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda NAS: 3TB Seagate Barracudas in RAID 1 PSU: EVGA 600B (600W 80+ Bronze) Display: LG 23MP75 (1080p IPS @ 60hz) 

Ram: 8 gigs DDR3

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00339X1EM/                                                                                                                    $60

CPU: 4690k http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00KPRWB9G/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new                           $210

Motherboard:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00K2RQDXY/                                                                                                                 $100 

CPU Fan/Heatsink:   Hyper 212 Evo     http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B005O65JXI/                                                         $30

PSU: http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Builder-Watt-EPS%C2%A0-CX600/dp/B0092ML0OC/                                                           $48

TOTAL: $448

I don't know what's going on in your life if you seriously don't have a single hard drive you can use from an old build or even a laptop. But <$100 can get you a lot of storage space.

You still need Windows... but that also depends... on how you're willing to obtain it.

The funny part is, it's a system that is low end BUT IT WORKS. The CPU is a beast and it overclocks super well, ram won't bottleneck (it never does). CPU OCing is based on chip to chip, not really mobo reliant anymore. PSU powers the damned thing, it works, IT WORKS.

There is a case you can easily grab... $50 on Amazon, #1 case if need be. Some guy said the heatsink won't fit, grab one that's smaller then.

The ram is red, the PSU is black, the mobo is red and black mostly.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

Before anything I want to state that I own a gtx 980, It was given to me as a birthday gift. 

I want to build a PC, I do NOT mind buying used components. 

It must also be stated that the build I am aiming for must be black and red. 

I am able to use a max of $550 USD, and everything I buy must be from Amazon.

Please help.

Just curious, why must everything be bought on amazon.