preferred cherry mx keyboard?

Korepavore

*PRO TIP* neon lights do in fact make your rig faster!

Corsair K70 Cherry MX Red.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Corsair K70 with CherryMX Blue. Although I do like CherryMX Red as well.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

k70 with whatever switches you prefer.  I think that, because switch choice is so personal, we shouldn't choose for you.  You can google the subject and come up with a million guides to help you find the right switch for you.  I personally (I do a lot of typing, and a moderate amount of gaming, I'm a student) like Brown switches, but that's just me.

k70 with whatever switches you prefer.  I think that, because switch choice is so personal, we shouldn't choose for you.  You can google the subject and come up with a million guides to help you find the right switch for you.  I personally (I do a lot of typing, and a moderate amount of gaming, I'm a student) like Brown switches, but that's just me.

Corsair K70 with CherryMX Blue. Although I do like CherryMX Red as well.

K95 with browns

Corsair K70 Cherry MX Red.

Y'all got no imagination... There are better keyboards than what Corsair makes, ya hear me?

Look at the link in my sig for info about switches. Really should help you out with finding a keyboard that you would enjoy.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

"Y'all got no imagination... There are better keyboards than what Corsair makes, ya hear me?"

The Corsair line is the best bang for the buck from quality to features.

You can get more hardcore with no media keys or numpad and better quality but you pay.

You can go cheaper and get a basic keyboard often without illumination or with poor quality control.

|<eyboards

Y'all got no imagination... There are better keyboards than what Corsair makes, ya hear me?

Look at the link in my sig for info about switches. Really should help you out with finding a keyboard that you would enjoy.

Although there probably are better keyboards than the one we all recommended, we were all just giving recommendations out of personal experience.  It's coincidental that we all use/have used the same corsair keyboard before.

Although there probably are better keyboards than the one we all recommended, we were all just giving recommendations out of personal experience.  It's coincidental that we all use/have used the same corsair keyboard before.

I feel like you should hang out in this subforum a little more though. EVERY TIME "G502" and "Corsair RGB!" People seem to find it hard to comprehend that, just because you like it, they will/will not. I do not happen to like the G502. Had I taken people's advice and bought a G502 because a bunch of people on a tech forum said "I have this mouse and it is the best!" then I would have a mouse that I do not like. People should always find a product that fits the person's wants and needs exactly, not what they think is the best thing ever because guess what? There is no such thing as the "best" mouse or keyboard.

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I feel like you should hang out in this subforum a little more though. EVERY TIME "G502" and "Corsair RGB!" People seem to find it hard to comprehend that, just because you like it, they will/will not. I do not happen to like the G502. Had I taken people's advice and bought a G502 because a bunch of people on a tech forum said "I have this mouse and it is the best!" then I would have a mouse that I do not like. People should always find a product that fits the person's wants and needs exactly, not what they think is the best thing ever because guess what? There is no such thing as the "best" mouse or keyboard.

Right, I completely agree with you.  However, the title of this thread is "preferred cherry mx keyboard", so I was just giving what I liked to use.  I strongly believe (like you), however, that everyone is different physically and in what they like, so there is no really good way to provide a really valid recommendation on a peripheral.

Right, I completely agree with you.  However, the title of this thread is "preferred cherry mx keyboard", so I was just giving what I liked to use.  I strongly believe (like you), however, that everyone is different physically and in what they like, so there is no really good way to provide a really valid recommendation on a peripheral.

#TeamBetterInternet!

I know that there's other keyboards, but none other (AFAIK) with a sexy aluminum plate / chassis :P

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

I know that there's other keyboards, but none other (AFAIK) with a sexy aluminum plate / chassis :P

Ducky and Filco. Corsair's software leaves a lot to be desired. It's kinda overpriced. Meh.

Ducky and Filco. Corsair's software leaves a lot to be desired. It's kinda overpriced. Meh.

The K70 doesn't need software. I'll admit that Ducky keyboards look quite nice. $130 is what I paid for mine, about what others cost no? Anyways, we all have our tastes. :P

The K70 doesn't need software. I'll admit that Ducky keyboards look quite nice. $130 is what I paid for mine, about what others cost no? Anyways, we all have our tastes. :P

Corsair's RGB software is gross....

But Ducky is still in the top 3 brands of keyboards.

Corsair's RGB software is gross....

But Ducky is still in the top 3 brands of keyboards.

It's powerful as hell but hard as hell to learn. Also, I have the regular K70, not RGB.

not the Logitech G710+. fragile keycaps and no replacements.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

I personally enjoy the quickfire TK, have owned many mechanicals and always end up going back to the TK