Games-Download vs DVD

VladDragos
Go to solution Solved by Godlygamer23,

Yea but does it have the same quality?

It's the same game. Games on DVDs are compressed using lossless compression so no quality is lost when decompressing.

So I'm just wondering if there is any big reason to not get dvd , for example if the game has worse quality than when you download it. Thanks <3!

When I can, I get DVDs, because hey, 300kb/s download speed is not good for those bulky games today

When I can, I get DVDs, because hey, 300kb/s download speed is not good for those bulky games today

It's the same game. Games on DVDs are compressed using lossless compression so no quality is lost when decompressing.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

The main reason why I don't buy physical copies of games anymore is Steam, it's so much handier to have your games all available on your PC, not having to insert DVD drives anymore.

What also happened to me in the past is DVDs breaking after a lot of usage.

Why would you wait for a DVD to arrive or go to the store if you can have it a lot faster by just downloading it?

Why shouldn't it? It is the same game :) just a hard copy on DVD :)

Why would you wait for a DVD to arrive or go to the store if you can have it a lot faster by just downloading it?

Sometimes it's faster for people to just buy it from the store and install it from a disc(like people with super slow download speeds).

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

So I'm just wondering if there is any big reason not get dvd , for example if the game has worse quality than when you download it. Thanks <3!

The game is the same either way, DVDs are great for people who want a physical collection or have slow internet

I am all digital because I do not have enough space to store all my game DVD/Boxes - and my internet is fast enough I can get any 99% of games in less than half an hour of downloading

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Sometimes it's faster for people to just buy it from the store and install it from a disc(like people with super slow download speeds).

Well, for people in civilised parts of the world, transfer speeds are usually not a problem.

I can understand why it would be faster for people with 3rd-world internet speeds to buy a DVD.

Well, for people in civilised parts of the world, transfer speeds are usually not a problem.

I can understand why it would be faster for people with 3rd-world internet speeds to buy a DVD.

I don't live in a 3rd-world country, I live in middle Europe, but in villages the internet is slow as compared to cities, where they have fiber :(

Unless there is a Steam sale or is a digital only game, I'll get the DVD version.

Also with this: 4359139710.png downloading games is soooooooooo sloooooooooooooooooooooooooow

I don't live in a 3rd-world country, I live in middle Europe, but in villages the internet is slow as compared to cities, where they have fiber :(

I never said you live in a 3rd-world country, your speeds are only like that.

I never said you live in a 3rd-world country, your speeds are only like that.

No offense taken, m8 :) I just explained it, why my speeds are like that :) I have a 3Mbps link and a friend at the city has a 100Mbps fiber link... talk about difference... and that is only 4km apart! :)