Nepton 240m pump noise

Go to solution Solved by EvilGenius,

1200 rpm? mine runs at 2700 rpm hmm...

at first I plugged it in CPU_OPT and was having alot of noise so I put in in a fan header and still had noise. RMA it and got a new Nepton 240m and I was good at a rpm of 1200, no noise just a bit for the first 10mins. But I ran the fan tuning thing and my pump was around 1200rpm and started to make noise. I went in the uefi BIOS and put the fan_header of my pump at 100% s it get the max voltage and it looks better now I will see today if it's still good since I only did those changes yesterday night.

I recently bought a nepton 240m and i straight away noticed some pump noise, but i let it be thinking it was air bubels that would go away. Now 40h later it still makes the same noise and is buging me, i unplugged all the fans and measured the dba to 31dba with my phone 20cm away from the pump (unaccurat i know) when the pc is off it says about 23dba. Should i RMA it or is it normal? 

CPU - i5 4690K @ 4.5Ghz l CPU Cooler - Nepton 240m l GPU - MSI GTX970 gaming 4g 2-way SLI l SLI Bridge - MSI Gaming 2-way L Pro l Mobo - MSI Z97-G45 Gaming l RAM - 2x8GB Vengeance Pro 2133mhz DDR3 l PSU - Corsair HX750i l SSD - 2x Samsung 840 Evo 250GB in raid 0 | HDD - WD Black 2TB | Case - NZXT H440 Red/Black l OS - Windows 10 l Mouse Logitech G502 l MousePad - XTRFY NiP lightning l KeyBoard - Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB (Red) | Headset - Asus ROG Spitfire | Monitor - Asus PG279Q - VG248QE l PCPP - http://pcpartpicker.com/p/sxTpsY | Please don't buy CX PSU for a high end PC

I recently bought a nepton 240m and i straight away noticed some pump noise, but i let it be thinking it was air bubels that would go away. Now 40h later it still makes the same noise and is buging me, i unplugged all the fans and measured the dba to 31dba with my phone 20cm away from the pump (unaccurat i know) when the pc is off it says about 23dba. Should i RMA it or is it normal? 

I got one too with my new build 2 weeks ago and I had to RMA it and my new one was fine at 1200 rpm for a week until i decided to run the Fan Tuning thing of Fan Xpert of Asus and It ran at 1450 rpm for a day and was making noise on and off. Now i put it back on a 1200 rpm and its still making noise. Maybe I will go with a Kraken X61 or Corsair not sure what to do either.

I got one too with my new build 2 weeks ago and I had to RMA it and my new one was fine at 1200 rpm for a week until i decided to run the Fan Tuning thing of Fan Xpert of Asus and It ran at 1450 rpm for a day and was making noise on and off. Now i put it back on a 1200 rpm and its still making noise. Maybe I will go with a Kraken X61 or Corsair not sure what to do either.

CPU - i5 4690K @ 4.5Ghz l CPU Cooler - Nepton 240m l GPU - MSI GTX970 gaming 4g 2-way SLI l SLI Bridge - MSI Gaming 2-way L Pro l Mobo - MSI Z97-G45 Gaming l RAM - 2x8GB Vengeance Pro 2133mhz DDR3 l PSU - Corsair HX750i l SSD - 2x Samsung 840 Evo 250GB in raid 0 | HDD - WD Black 2TB | Case - NZXT H440 Red/Black l OS - Windows 10 l Mouse Logitech G502 l MousePad - XTRFY NiP lightning l KeyBoard - Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB (Red) | Headset - Asus ROG Spitfire | Monitor - Asus PG279Q - VG248QE l PCPP - http://pcpartpicker.com/p/sxTpsY | Please don't buy CX PSU for a high end PC

at first I plugged it in CPU_OPT and was having alot of noise so I put in in a fan header and still had noise. RMA it and got a new Nepton 240m and I was good at a rpm of 1200, no noise just a bit for the first 10mins. But I ran the fan tuning thing and my pump was around 1200rpm and started to make noise. I went in the uefi BIOS and put the fan_header of my pump at 100% s it get the max voltage and it looks better now I will see today if it's still good since I only did those changes yesterday night.

yeah i send a mesage to the retailer, i will get a answer withing 48h