What does "Bare" in pump mean?

Go to solution Solved by Speaker1264,

bare adjective without addition; basic and simple.

Basically means you only get the pump, no fittings, no hoses, nothing else.  Just the pump.  You would probably only want to buy something like this if you already had the pump previously, and it died.  That way you could reuse all the fittings, hoses, and whatever else was included in the original and save some money.

What does "bare" in pumps mean?

Specifically this pump -

http://www.performance-pcs.com/swiftech-mcp655-series-12-vdc-d5-water-pumps-bare.html

The "bare" version os $20 cheaper.... So what is the differeance?

I am going to take the assumption that they mean literally the pump itself...without any of the house that comes with it by default.. 

it comes without a top 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

bare adjective without addition; basic and simple.

Basically means you only get the pump, no fittings, no hoses, nothing else.  Just the pump.  You would probably only want to buy something like this if you already had the pump previously, and it died.  That way you could reuse all the fittings, hoses, and whatever else was included in the original and save some money.

means you get this as bare:

d5-vario-motor-800.jpg

opposed to this as a complete:

d5a_3.jpg

I think in this case it just means the version without PWM speed control (MCP655-B ).