Prebuilt vs custom

Cactu

So my Friend is debating having me build him a rig vs a prebuilt because of the warranty and tech support, what should he do?

Budget is 500$

This is what I made http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ghftdC

But what do you guys think prebuilt for warranty and support or custom for price to performance?

Are you serious? Custom ofc. If he goes pre-build he will regret it every day.

Mobo: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P CPU: AMD FX 8350 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 8gb (2x4gb@1600Mhz) GPU: Gigabyte R9 280x (factory oc) PSU: Thermaltake SmartSE 730w Case: Corsair 200R

Blog thingy <----

custom usually even has better warranty imho. For example corsair gives like 7 years on all their products.

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

Are you serious? Custom ofc. If he goes pre-build he will regret it every day.

But he isn't a techie so he can't troubleshoot it so he is pretty much fucked

custom usually even has better warranty imho. For example corsair gives like 7 years on all their products.

Well he wants someone to call when his computer breaks and I can't do that

So my Friend is debating having me build him a rig vs a prebuilt because of the warranty and tech support, what should he do?

Budget is 500$

But what do you guys think prebuilt for warranty and support or custom for price to performance?

good budget build and custom obvs lul

CPU-i5 4690k 4.4ghz @ 1.190V, MOBO-MSI z97 gaming 3, Cooler-hyper 212 evo, GPU- r9 290x asus directcuII (-37Mv), Storage-120gb v300(switching soon), 1tb caviar blue, CASE-Red/black h440, PSU-Antec TPC 650.

Custom, much better performance

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/XG9PD3

“I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart

Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

thats why youre his friend

“I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart

Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

thats why youre his friend

I can't troubleshoot for him because he is moving soon

With a little patience and guidance (from you?  :P) he can put a pc together no problem really, 65% of the joy is building it if you ask me. If he is the kinda guy that can't be arsed to do that "much" which isn't really anything, just build it for him and be the best friend in the world.

Mobo: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P CPU: AMD FX 8350 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 8gb (2x4gb@1600Mhz) GPU: Gigabyte R9 280x (factory oc) PSU: Thermaltake SmartSE 730w Case: Corsair 200R

Blog thingy <----

ask here :D

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson  :D  

Go with custom build, if u know where to place mobo, how to seat the cpu and so on.

Pre-built pcs are madden for people, who don't now anything about how pc is designed.

Budget is 500$

Get the fx-6300 instead and spend the savings on a hyper 212evo so you can over clock to 4GHz. Just bump the multiplier up to 20 and that's it. You can go much higher but that's the simplist thing to do to bring it up to and beyond the fx-6350.

RIG:FX-6300@4.5GHz 1.4V with Hyper 212 evo with LTT NF-F12:MSI Overclockers R7 260X:4x4B Crucial Ballistix Sport:GA-970A-UD3P:1TB Seagate Brracuda & 120GB Crucial M500(OS and Programs)&Sandisk SSD PLUS(Games) In a Bitfenix Comrade with an NF-F12 as exhaust and OEM case fan as front intake

''time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time''

I can't troubleshoot for him because he is moving soon

As long as he follows the right guide, take the right precautions, and none of the parts doesn't come DOA, he should be fine.

(gotta pray for it to be not DOA though...)

A friend of mine had a DOA gpu from EVGA, but thanks to their amazing customer service, he got it replaced extremely fast. 

That's why we're sticking with EVGA. 

Me: Computer Engineer. Geek. Nerd.

[Educational] Computer Architecture: Computer Memory Hierarchy

[Educational] Computer Architecture:  What is SSE/AVX? (SIMD)

Custom, much better performance

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/XG9PD3

For 500€ you can get an i5 system. That made me think, go "fuck it" and buy the prebuilt for the CPU and not care about other components or get the pentium but other parts are reusable?

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

Well he wants someone to call when his computer breaks and I can't do that

Dudududududuudu

linusTech.png

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

Dudududududuudu

linusTech.png

Lol ok