Cosair said they no longer make Cherry MX RGB Blue Switches

Bananamancer

I have a K70 RGB Blue switch but some of my keys had defects since day 1 when I opened the keyboard out of the box. Mainly my number 1(beside ` key), D, E, and R keys get stuck every time I press it. My number 1 key wont even reset unless I press it again. Now, I tried to RMA the keyboard back to Corsair but said they can only replace it with Brown/Red switches since the Blue ones are out of stock "indefinitely". I tried to ask them why they no longer have any stocks and why they no longer produce one or maybe they knew this issue with Blue switches since day 1 and haven't got a single reply from Corsair. Welp, so much for the Corsair Customer Service hype I think.

CPU: Intel i5-4690K @ Stock | GPU: Zotac GTX 970 @ Stock | COOLER:Corsair H110i GT Stock fans | MOBO: Gigabyte Z97-X Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x4GB GSKILL RIPJAWS X 1866mhz PSU: Silverstone 500W Strider Essential Series | CASE: NZXT S340 | CASE FANS: x1 120mm TT Riing red LED, x1 140mm TT Riing red LED MOUSE: Razer DeathAdder Chroma & Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum KEYBOARD: Varmilo VA87MR Gateron Red Switches | HEADSET: Logitech G230 | SSD: ADATA 256GB SP900 HDD: 500GB WD Blue & 1TB WD Caviar Black OS: Windows 10 | DISPLAYS: ASUS VX239H and some shitty Samsung 720p

I think I posted the Title wrong since It's Cherry who produces the switches and Corsair for the whole keyboard but whatever I guess you can see the point.

CPU: Intel i5-4690K @ Stock | GPU: Zotac GTX 970 @ Stock | COOLER:Corsair H110i GT Stock fans | MOBO: Gigabyte Z97-X Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x4GB GSKILL RIPJAWS X 1866mhz PSU: Silverstone 500W Strider Essential Series | CASE: NZXT S340 | CASE FANS: x1 120mm TT Riing red LED, x1 140mm TT Riing red LED MOUSE: Razer DeathAdder Chroma & Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum KEYBOARD: Varmilo VA87MR Gateron Red Switches | HEADSET: Logitech G230 | SSD: ADATA 256GB SP900 HDD: 500GB WD Blue & 1TB WD Caviar Black OS: Windows 10 | DISPLAYS: ASUS VX239H and some shitty Samsung 720p

I want one too. Ill take it for 30 bucks. Then ill open the thing and solder on new switches and say haha this was such a deal and sell it to gamers for 500$

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

I want one too. Ill take it for 30 bucks. Then ill open the thing and solder on new switches and say haha this was such a deal and sell it to gamers for 500$

Not sure what you are talking about m8.

Not sure what you are talking about m8.

Its an inside joke. My friend wanted to buy a k70 mx blue and couldn't find one. People want it so bad ill just take a broken one fix it and make 300% profit. not funny anymore sorry.

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

Its an inside joke. My friend wanted to buy a k70 mx blue and couldn't find one. People want it so bad ill just take a broken one fix it and make 300% profit. not funny anymore sorry.

I meant the RGB Blue switches not the normal ones if that's what your referring to.

I thought the K70 in Blue was out of stock for a long time now..

Not sure if that affects the RMA

add a Razer sticker on it and yo ucan sell it for 690$

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I thought the K70 in Blue was out of stock for a long time now..

Not sure if that affects the RMA

add a Razer sticker on it and yo ucan sell it for 690$

You mean the K70 non-RGB Blue switch is also out of stock right now?

You mean the K70 non-RGB Blue switch is also out of stock right now?

I'm not sure if it was the RGB version.. But I know the K70 (possibly non-RGB) with Blue switches was out of stock for a long time

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

just a few weeks back they had some rgb blue switch keyboards in stock

Welp, I just tried to RMA mine and insisted that I get another keyboard with the same switches that I originally purchased, Blue switches but they said that K65/K70/K95 RGB Blue switches are already out of stock "indefinitely".

Sounds like you're SOL man... Sorry to hear it...

You might be able to buy an RBG switch from another one of the copycat companies, and solder it on... That would at least (hopefully) make it useable...

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Sounds like you're SOL man... Sorry to hear it...

You might be able to buy an RBG switch from another one of the copycat companies, and solder it on... That would at least (hopefully) make it useable...

his best bet would be moving switches around on the board so good ones are in the places he normaly uses or trying to replace the guts of the switch with parts or normal cherry switches. There are no clones that would be a drop in replacement for cherry mx rgb

his best bet would be moving switches around on the board so good ones are in the places he normaly uses or trying to replace the guts of the switch with parts or normal cherry switches. There are no clones that would be a drop in replacement for cherry mx rgb

Keycool sells some RGB cherry style switches. Alternatively, he could just try to get his hands on a brown RGB switch, and just deal with it...

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Keycool sells some RGB cherry style switches. Alternatively, he could just try to get his hands on a brown RGB switch, and just deal with it...

cherry is the only company they made they switches use surface mount leds for the back light more then likely because their old patent ran out and they wanted a new patent. you cant just take a cherry clone that is rgb and put it in a k70 rgb you would need to get a real cherry mx rgb to do that. You should be able to swap the internals of the switch with a normal cherry switch assuming the internals are the same though.

cherry is the only company they made they switches use surface mount leds for the back light more then likely because their old patent ran out and they wanted a new patent. you cant just take a cherry clone that is rgb and put it in a k70 rgb you would need to get a real cherry mx rgb to do that. You should be able to swap the internals of the switch with a normal cherry switch assuming the internals are the same though.

I think I heard that the internals are the same, so that is a very good point. 

That... doesn't really help. We would be looking for RGB switches, which are different than standard switches. The RGB have clear bodies, because you couldn't mount the RGB LED in the switch body, since they were too large. Besides, you can get them for a much lower price at somewhere like Digikey anyway, and then you know that they are ACTUALLY cherry switches. 

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I think I heard that the internals are the same, so that is a very good point. 

That... doesn't really help. We would be looking for RGB switches, which are different than standard switches. The RGB have clear bodies, because you couldn't mount the RGB LED in the switch body, since they were too large. Besides, you can get them for a much lower price at somewhere like Digikey anyway, and then you know that they are ACTUALLY cherry switches. 

Oh ok. Well this is a shitty situation :/

Oh ok. Well this is a shitty situation :/

It is indeed my friend, it is indeed.

Hey! New SIgnature!