Program Froze when updating BIOS?

I'm updating my bios via @BIOS and I got to this screen

ee830e3077463ada7c9706fc4823eac2.png

I pressed OK and the application froze, but nothing on my screen froze. Now the application won't do anything and it's frozen and I'm afraid to brick my motherboard, what should I do?

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

Wait patiently? It should do its thing.

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

Wait patiently?

No need to be so sharp, not sure why everyone is so rude these days. It's just been about 7-10 minutes and I'm concerned, It won't even minimize etc.

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

No need to be so sharp, not sure why everyone is so rude these days. It's just been about 7-10 minutes and I'm concerned, It won't even minimize etc.

Well, some can be like that, estimated time 1 minute but it takes more than 1 minute. Try to wait longer, maybe it'll work.

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

i'd still give it some more time. no need to panic, panic will make things worse.

My rig:
CPU: i5 4690k 24/7 @4.4ghz (1.165v) Max 4.7ghz (1.325v) COOLER: NZXT Kraken X61 MOBO: Asus Z97-A   RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical   GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SSC   PSU: EVGA GS 650W   CASE: NZXT Phantom 530 HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB + WD Black 2TB

i'd still give it some more time. no need to panic, panic will make things worse.

^

Take your time, relax. No need to hurry.... It should finish.

PC Specs

Indonesia

Australia 

About now is when you are really happy you bought a board with dual bios.

I would let it sit for another 5 minutes or so then reset it, if it doesn't boot flip the physical switch on the motherboard let it boot and flip it back and try flashing again.

About now is when you are really happy you bought a board with dual bios.

I would let it sit for another 5 minutes or so then reset it, if it doesn't boot flip the physical switch on the motherboard let it boot and flip it back and try flashing again.

^

Take your time, relax. No need to hurry.... It should finish.

Ended up shutting down my pc and turning it back on, it booted right into windows with no issues

I restarted it to BIOS and it still says F3, so I guess the app froze before it did anything :D Now I will try good old Q-Flash

Ended up shutting down my pc and turning it back on, it booted right into windows with no issues

I restarted it to BIOS and it still says F3, so I guess the app froze before it did anything :D Now I will try good old Q-Flash

huzzah! at least you have the safety net of dual bios. i really wish that was a standard feature on motherboards.

My rig:
CPU: i5 4690k 24/7 @4.4ghz (1.165v) Max 4.7ghz (1.325v) COOLER: NZXT Kraken X61 MOBO: Asus Z97-A   RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical   GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SSC   PSU: EVGA GS 650W   CASE: NZXT Phantom 530 HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB + WD Black 2TB

huzzah! at least you have the safety net of dual bios. i really wish that was a standard feature on motherboards.

Indeed. I also got Q-Flash to work and I got the updated BIOS :D I got VERY scared because when updating my PC randomly turned off which was the problem I was hoping to fix, and I thought I bricked it. But it turns out the update was done and that was supposed to happen haha

I didn't think he was being rude. I read it as a perfectly calm suggestion.

#internetproblems

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

Indeed. I also got Q-Flash to work and I got the updated BIOS :D I got VERY scared because when updating my PC randomly turned off which was the problem I was hoping to fix, and I thought I bricked it. But it turns out the update was done and that was supposed to happen haha

Its always reccomended to update via bios.

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

I didn't think he was being rude. I read it as a perfectly calm suggestion.

#internetproblems

at first it was only "wait patiently?" it's just kinda sassy and doesn't help anyone

it's edited now and it's fine currently, but before it was every so slightly rude

BIOS updating will always take some time. Last two updates I did were about 15-20mins each. And because Gigabyte doesn't make very good BIOS update features I did use both Q-Flash and @BIOS. Hot tip, download BIOS file and use that if you are using @BIOS. It crashes if you try to download option.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv