So project cars is out

Syntaxvgm

Think when I get home tonight Ima throw my money at the screen. Anyone think this is a bad idea? 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

inb4 people complain about performance

Do you have a wheel ? apparently the AI is bad but I haven't personally tried it . But it's a game for beauty shots that's for sure. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

I will wait for it to go on sale for $5 or less. I really want this game but medical issues are taking up my money. Hopefully Steam Summer sale has this at 50% off. I have been keeping an eye on this game for over a year now.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Throwing your Money - No

Throwing your Money and Video Taping it - YES!

Because he had a hard drive.

inb4 people complain about performance

I have a 970 and I'm ok with dialing things back a bit. A concern I do have though is I was told, at least in the beta versions, that it was hard to play with a controller instead  of a wheel. I intend to play casually with a controller, I was wondering if this is still an issue, or if this has gotten better since it's meant to be put on consoles anyway. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Do you have a wheel ? apparently the AI is bad but I haven't personally tried it . But it's a game for beauty shots that's for sure. 

Long as it looks pretty good and not cheap looks don't concern me, I just want a fun PC racing game. Tired of playing on xbox and ps3. My desktop is portable and it bring it with me daily so I want to play on that. 

muh specs 

All parts black

Don't buy it just yet, wait for first patch to see if the game will stay like this. cough* cough* BFH

24 fps for that "cinematic" feel

After a couple weeks of behavioral sciences at my school I can easily conclude my parents need to grow up.

Here is an essay i wrote about this comparing the game to its closest rival, its in terms of a sim racer

in case of tl;dr dont get project cars.

Im a sim racer so here is my review as one

Let the comparison begin(no fanboying here)

Graphics: Pcars wins, Ac generally lacks in fidelity and AA options but both still look great and are very serviceable, cockpits and general vehicle models however are vastly and i mean seriously superior in Assetto corsa which is odd.

Physics: assetto corsa wins by a long shot, more customization, more realistic, more diversity in the type of physics it covers and making profiles in Assetto corsa actually makes a difference, in pcars not so much, seems like they added many bars in pcars which do next to nothing sadly. Big plus to AC is that its clutch, kers and tyre models are very good, for comparison hard tyres in pcars in the rain feel like very soft qualifying tyres in AC. This sadly brings about the simcade argument. Collision is bad in both games, in AC the Ai will take collisions like a champ and they will carry on, you will likely spin. in Pcars hits in the Ai glues you to them, this is the same issue found in the shift games, no the game isnt like shift but the collision model seems similar. Also changing turbo pressure in the middle of a stint is awesome 

Sounds: Assetto corsa barely and i mean barely wins out on this one, there are a wide number of car types in both games but while most of them in both games dont have that nice warm feeling in your groin effect there are a few cars in AC like the Lotus 98t, Z4 gt3, Alfa 155 and the M235i which are really good in fact ive been in the M235i at thruxton and it sounds the same(of course irl is a little less predictable in its sounds but damn near close). Its an odd one because Assetto corsa doesnt have good sounds for majority of the cars, narrow win but a win none the less.

Car models: to the untrained eye they seem similar some will say pcars is better but no its not, not even close. Upon looking closely at models from both games I can say once again Assetto Corsa wins but this is a big victory because AC has a list of achievements here, their models are more optimized, their models are closer to the real life variants, their models are finished oddly enough. Pcars cut corners here as you will notice they have left out some things in some of the cars which is odd and with the oculus rift support on both games(dropped on AC until next oculus arrives) people will be looking around a lot more then before. As for skins for the cars its a draw, both have good skins, their are great skins on both sides and not so great skins on both sides, would be nice for 4k skin textures to be used instead though, both games have skin mode support but AC has easier to use templates in my opinion.

Track models: Draw: AC has laser scanned tracks which are vastly superior to the project cars tracks however Pcars has way more tracks, not sure which should win as a result. 

AI: Both suck, Assetto corsa AI doesnt race, they drive around the track like 7 year olds behind a teacher if they get out of line they spaz out and will begin marshal law until they return to their position, if that fails they black flag themselves. In Pcars the Ai doesnt care about you, also track limits isnt a rule all of a sudden while its nice that they arent in single file they break a stupid amount of laws and they want to kill you, if you corner in front them you will spin, they will laugh, they will drive away, you will throw your G27 at a dog. 

Multiplayer: cant say for Pcars yet as i dont have enough time but generally it seems better then AC apart from how bad its community is, they dont drive like normal people and as this is "timmys first sim" they are fine with it, they also dont follow rules. AC suffers this but to a lesser extent but AC has a clunky interface. 

Optimization: AC is optimized a lot better then Pcars, running it with a 6770(bros pc) temporarily showed how AC runs better on lower end systems which is a massive issue for Pcars as not many people can afford 980s. Ac does however need to optimize its AI a bit more. Improvements are needed for both games, i dont think any win this tier.

FFB: Pcars is a insult to FFB its honestly pathetic

Overall: AC has mod support and it won most of the above categories so thats that however if you dont like modding pcars could be for you. As im a hardcore sim guy i have to prefer AC. The biggest issue I see is that AC devs said they will support AC until 2020 and then depending on the community size they will go from there, SMS announced a second Pcars and 12 months of dlc, you do the maths which one will last longer. The sim community hates shift and there are minor hints of it which means the sim community with lose interest within a few months and sim communities are the ones that hold up games even if the devs leave. Assetto corsa will live on long after Pcars dies, thats the fact of the matter and thats why it wins. the lack of mod support has gone and killed project cars. 

Before you say im a fanboy i have a lot of hours in both games just check my steam account, actually wait no pcars is on my other account,crap.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I have a 970 and I'm ok with dialing things back a bit. A concern I do have though is I was told, at least in the beta versions, that it was hard to play with a controller instead  of a wheel. I intend to play casually with a controller, I was wondering if this is still an issue, or if this has gotten better since it's meant to be put on consoles anyway. 

Its only AMD cards having performance issues, Nvidia cards should stay fine ;)

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

No, I intend to use a controller since I'll be playing it on the go mostly. If I had more time to game I'd surely invest in a wheel.

muh specs 

All parts black

Ai is shoddy, considering SMS's past im not too sure about them changing it.

No, I intend to use a controller since I'll be playing it on the go mostly. If I had more time to game I'd surely invest in a wheel.

The feedback for the same is really bad, unless you are getting into sim racing aka assetto corsa, rfactor 2 or iracing etc then dont get a wheel. No arcade nor simcade game has bothered to implement serviceable feedback into the game sadly SMS follows that thrend

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

When will you get a new hat?

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

I got it. It seems to have some bugs here and there.  It also stutters real bad with SLI.

It is pretty fun, but not Forza or Drive club fun. If that makes since

But I guess that's the sim part about it.   It's not as pretty as I was hoping for either. Don't get me wrong it looks good but the numbers on hood (when in the hood view) look terribly pixelated.

Along with the trees and some other nick pick things.

The driving physics are fun you have enough feedback with a controller that you know when you push the car to hard.

When will you get a new hat?

I have a review of a case I have not finished typing, but I'm busy with some finals and a huge project some friends and I are working on, basically I'm working on a newgrounds style website focused on unity games. I haven't slept more than a few hours a night in weeks.

Tactfully, you know what, I'll get that posted tonight. I should, I've been sitting on it for a long time.

muh specs 

All parts black

I have a review of a case I have not finished typing, but I'm busy with some finals and a huge project some friends and I are working on, basically I'm working on a newgrounds style website focused on unity games. I haven't slept more than a few hours a night in weeks.

Tactfully, you know what, I'll get that posted tonight. I should, I've been sitting on it for a long time.

No worries. I just wondered thats all. Carry on.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

-snip-

No, I'm just not a baller like you and if I bought every single game I wanted then I would have spent over $5000. Be real here. Seriously people. Also don't play racing games but this looks good. What is Asseto corsa? What is iracing? Wish I could down vote your comment.

No, I'm just not a baller like you and if I bought every single game I wanted then I would have spent over $5000. Be real here. Seriously people. Also don't play racing games but this looks good. What is Asseto corsa? What is iracing? Wish I could down vote your comment.

lol looks like a mod removed it pm me what he said? 

muh specs 

All parts black