Gaming Build that will look decent, and that is somewhat cheap (around 1000$)

Hello,
so i am planning on building my first build mainly for gaming, rendering and doing graphics designs as a hobby.
I'm going to overclock it to 4.3 - 5.0 GHz
Inform me if there's any bottlenecks and incompatibility
I hope it will end up looking quite decent, i'll try to make my cable management look tidy.
I want some head room for SLI and overclocking so that is why i want 750w psu
Feel free to say your opinion and recommendations.
Also i wanted to ask Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 120mm Single Radiator placements.

Specs:

Case - Fractal Design Arc Midi R2

Mobo - Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3

CPU - AMD FX8350

CPU Cooler - Antec Kühler H2O 920

Ram - Kingston HyperX 2x4GB DDR3 1600 MHz

Graphics Card - EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 (cheapest one without aftermarket fans)

PSU - Silverstone 700W, Strider Essential

SSD - Samsung 840 Series 120GB

HDD - Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM

-Edit-

Would  Antec Kühler H2O 920 be a good single radiator for overclocking to 4.5-4.8GHz?

Edited by MeLikesDemComputers

-Case is good

-If you want to overclock a 990fx board would probably be a better alternative

-fx 8350 is good

-The H60 isn't a really good at overclocking

-ram is fine

-graphics card is fine

-The CX line isn't really a very good line of psu. I would look for brands like CM V-series, xfx, seasonic, silverstone,  higher end corsair PSUs, FSP, fractal design, nzxt.(not in any real order)

-The samsung 840 is what I think you meant to say and the ssd doesn't have very good write speeds

-hdd is fine

-Case is good

-If you want to overclock a 990fx board would probably be a better alternative

-fx 8350 is good

-The H60 isn't a really good at overclocking

-ram is fine

-graphics card is fine

-The CX line isn't really a very good line of psu. I would look for brands like CM V-series, xfx, seasonic, silverstone, higher end corsair PSUs, FSP, fractal design, nzxt.(not in any real order)

-The samsung 840 is what I think you meant to say and the ssd doesn't have very good write speeds

-hdd is fine

Thanks for the feedback

About the motherboard i'm going to probably change it, but i'm not an extreme overclocker i just want free performance

PSU Changed to XFX 750W XXX Edition

SSD Just misspelled that and would you recommend chaning it to Kingston HyperX one?

H60 I think i'll leave it since i can't afford anything like h100i

-edit-

Infact i will spend some more money on cooling and i'm going for a h100i

Thanks for the feedback

About the motherboard i'm going to probably change it, but i'm not an extreme overclocker i just want free performance

SSD Just misspelled that and would you recommend chaning it to Kingston HyperX one?

I would stick with Samsung 840, the Kingston HyperX 3K is professional class, is recommended for Video Rendering and other programs or files that has lots of write process, and Samsung 840 have Samsung own components, not like the other brands that have 3rd party components like SandyForce.

About the Motherboard, i would go with ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0/GEN3, is the only AM3 that have PCIe 3.0 support, so its more future proof.

I believe you can afford a H80i or a Water 2.0.

What's you budget ?

Some recommendations:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835118136

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007UIX1RO

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181031

Samsung 840 SSD is more than fine....

If you are an SSD virgin like myself it will be light-years ahead of anything youve ever used before

Also, considering its a boot drive there's no real reason to be turned away from "slower" write speeds

It is priced very well and is good value

Phenom II X6 1090T @3.6ghz , EVGA GTX 770 SC, 8GB Hyper-X ram, Adata SX900, WD Black, Corsair HX850, LG IPS234, Logitech G9x, Logitech X-230, Netgear R7000

Hello,

so i am planning on building my first build mainly for gaming, rendering and doing graphics designs as a hobby.

I'm going to overclock it to 4.3 - 5.0 GHz

Inform me if there's any bottlenecks and incompatibility

I hope it will end up looking quite decent, i'll try to make my cable management look tidy.

I want some head room for SLI and overclocking so that is why i want 750w psu

Feel free to say your opinion and recommendations.

Also i wanted to ask Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 120mm Single Radiator placements.

Specs:

Case - Fractal Design Arc Midi R2

Mobo - ASRock 970 Extreme4

CPU - AMD FX8350

CPU Cooler - Corsair Hydro H60

Ram - Kingston HyperX 2x4GB DDR3 1600 MHz

Graphics Card - EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 (cheapest one without aftermarket fans)

PSU - XFX 750W XXX Edition

SSD - Samsung 840 Series 120GB

HDD - Seagate Barracuda 1TB

Instead of getting a water cooling get a high end air cooler like the dark rock 2

Instead of getting a water cooling get a high end air cooler like the dark rock 2

I second that even the phanteks 12DX($50-60) cooler performs better than the H60

Samsung 840 SSD is more than fine....

If you are an SSD virgin like myself it will be light-years ahead of anything youve ever used before

Also, considering its a boot drive there's no real reason to be turned away from "slower" right speeds

It is priced very well and is good value

Yeah i am currently using some crappy 5200rpm 2.5 hdd with my laptop, ssd would be godsent

If you are planning for overclocking the gpu,get 7950 because it has more headroom than 760.But if you are planning on leaving it on stock,760 would be fine. As for mobo,get a 990fx mobo and has vrm heatsink if you are planning to overclock it past 4.3ghz. Get a high end air cooling cpu because they perform better than H60.

If you are planning for overclocking the gpu,get 7950 because it has more headroom than 760.But if you are planning on leaving it on stock,760 would be fine. As for mobo,get a 990fx mobo and has vrm heatsink if you are planning to overclock it past 4.3ghz. Get a high end air cooling cpu because they perform better than H60.

If only i had the money :/

And yes i'm considering high end air cooling

How about cooler master rr-t812-24pk-r2? Will it perform better than H60?

I would stick with Samsung 840, the Kingston HyperX 3K is professional class, is recommended for Video Rendering and other programs or files that has lots of write process, and Samsung 840 have Samsung own components, not like the other brands that have 3rd party components like SandyForce.

About the Motherboard, i would go with ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0/GEN3, is the only AM3 that have PCIe 3.0 support, so its more future proof.

I believe you can afford a H80i or a Water 2.0.

What's you budget ?

Some recommendations:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835118136

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007UIX1RO

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181031

My budget is 1000-1100$

If only i had the money :/

And yes i'm considering high end air cooling

Sapphire has a 7950 for $249.99

Yes, an AIO doesn't have a performance advantage over air cooling until you hit the 2x120mm rads.

It is a midrange cooler not that much diffrence than the h60. But if you are spending almost 70$ on a cooler there are better options

My budget is 1000-1100$

I'll plan something to you based on what you want

CPU:  AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor  ($179.99 @ Microcenter) 
CPU Cooler:  Corsair H80i 77.0 CFM  Liquid CPU Cooler  ($83.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard:  Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 ATX  AM3+ Motherboard  ($119.99 @ Microcenter) 
Memory:  Corsair Vengeance 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($66.98 @ Outlet PC) 
Storage:  Samsung 840 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk  ($92.99 @ NCIX US) 
Storage:  Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($62.98 @ Outlet PC) 
Video Card:  MSI GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card  ($254.98 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case:  Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($79.99 @ Microcenter) 
Total: $1031.88
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-07-17 07:50 EDT-0400)

okay, so can I try plan something to you ?

Of course! That is why i did this post, for advice and opinions

Emperor_Piehead, on 17 Jul 2013 - 09:56 AM, said:

Sapphire has a 7950 for $249.99

Yes, an AIO doesn't have a performance advantage over air cooling until you hit the 2x120mm rads.

I have been thinking to buy GTX 660 and buying h100i.

Which will benefit me more better cooling so i can OC better or newer graphics card?

Also here where i live cheapest 7950 is 300 Euros Which is 392 dollars and this is really weird (XFX Dual Dissipation 3GB GDDR5)

At Newegg i could find one that's close to your price http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202026 and which is 200 Euros

My retailer has this newegg one priced like it's a goddamn titan, Finland like nVidia more i guess haha

Masfiras, on 17 Jul 2013 - 2:37 PM, said:

I'll plan something to you based on what you want

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor ($179.99 @ Microcenter)

CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($83.99 @ Newegg)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($119.99 @ Microcenter)

Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($66.98 @ Outlet PC)

Storage: Samsung 840 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($92.99 @ NCIX US)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($62.98 @ Outlet PC)

Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card ($254.98 @ SuperBiiz)

Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($79.99 @ Microcenter)

Power Supply: XFX ProSeries 750W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($89.99 @ NCIX US)

Total: $1031.88

(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-07-17 07:50 EDT-0400)

Should have probably said that i live in Finland, but thanks for the list i'm going to add these parts into my retailers cart and see if that will do it for me :)

-Edit-

Seriously wtf in Finland those components are ~1560 DOLLARS ~1188 EUROS

WHY IS IT SO EXPENSIVE HERE T_T

Should have probably said that i live in Finland, but thanks for the list i'm going to add these parts into my retailers cart and see if that will do it for me :)

There's any website you'll be buying, so we can have a idea ?

There's any website you'll be buying, so we can have a idea ?

What do you mean? The website i'm going to buy my hardware from?

Thanks for the feedback

-edit-

Infact i will spend some more money on cooling and i'm going for a h100i

looks pretty good however you say you dont intend to over clock much but says 4.3 - 5.0 ghz? just remember it causes more heat / noise / power comsumption. the CPU should be good at stock and i would for sure recommend a 990FX board like a Sabertooth gen 3, as a motherboard is one of the hardest things to change in a system (normally you have to re-install windows) so never cheap out on a m/board.

if your on a tight budget try getting a good 3gb 660ti or something then upgrade to sli at a later date.

The Kingston hyper X SSD would be good and especially if you like to keep simular manufactures for your components.

Wouldn't recommend that PSU, i used to have one, the cables are crappy and i found the Evga Supernova 750w gold PSu way better and its a good price and quieter.

worth looking at a good cooler to keep it quiet and cool.

If you want to do some design work and stuff recommend 16 gig ram module kit and makes it future proof.

got to love Asus components

looks pretty good however you say you dont intend to over clock much but says 4.3 - 5.0 ghz? just remember it causes more heat / noise / power comsumption. the CPU should be good at stock and i would for sure recommend a 990FX board like a Sabertooth gen 3, as a motherboard is one of the hardest things to change in a system (normally you have to re-install windows) so never cheap out on a m/board.

if your on a tight budget try getting a good 3gb 660ti or something then upgrade to sli at a later date.

The Kingston hyper X SSD would be good and especially if you like to keep simular manufactures for your components.

Wouldn't recommend that PSU, i used to have one, the cables are crappy and i found the Evga Supernova 750w gold PSu way better and its a good price and quieter.

worth looking at a good cooler to keep it quiet and cool.

If you want to do some design work and stuff recommend 16 gig ram module kit and makes it future proof.

I wouldn't recommend an evga psu over a xfx one. XFX psus comes from seasonic.

The sabertooth mobo is a waste of money for a piece of plastic and doesn't belong in a budget build like this one.

The 660 Ti isn't exactly a good value considering the 7870/7950 is around the same price range.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

-Edit-

Seriously wtf in Finland those components are ~1560 DOLLARS ~1188 EUROS

WHY IS IT SO EXPENSIVE HERE T_T

A website you can shop from would help.

Also, are you buying with dollars or euros?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.