Hello guys I am thinking of buying these part for my build, give me your opinions and recommendations if you have any

CPU:                  AMD FX-8350 Black Edition
Mother board:   Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
RAM:                 Kingston HyperX black 16gb 1600MHz (2x8gb)
PSU:                  XFX ProSeries 850W XXX Edition
GPU:                 ASUS HD7970 DC2T
Case:                Cooler Master Storm Trooper
HHD:                 Western Digital WD1002FAEX 1TB
DVD-Burner:     LiteOn iHAS124

I'm going to play the latest games as well as video-editing and rendering, else I would've gone with 8GB of RAM.
Leave suggestions and remarks down below :D

Hello guys I am thinking of buying these part for my build, give me your opinions and recommendations if you have any

RAM:                 Corsair XMS3 16GB DDR3 1333MHz CL9

GPU:                 XFX HD7970 Double Dissipation

I'm going to play the latest games as well as video-editing and rendering, else I would've gone with 8GB of RAM.

For gaming ?

8GBs of memory is fine, maybe add a SSD, 850w Power supple is a little over kill for 1 GPU, maybe go with 650w if you plan on going dual GPU then keep the 850w PSU.

Those are my thought.

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

For gaming ?

8GBs of memory is fine, maybe add a SSD, 850w Power supple is a little over kill for 1 GPU, maybe go with 650w if you plan on going dual GPU then keep the 850w PSU.

Those are my thought.

Yeah, I'm thinking of adding a 2nd video card when I get the money, same goes for the SSD but I'm upgrading from a really old machine (AMD Sempron 2400+, NVidia GeForce FX 5200) so it's already hyperspeed for me, I also mentioned the rendering part, thats the 16GB reason,

Yeah, I'm thinking of adding a 2nd video card when I get the money, same goes for the SSD but I'm upgrading from a really old machine (AMD Sempron 2400+, NVidia GeForce FX 5200) so it's already hyperspeed for me, I also mentioned the rendering part, thats the 16GB reason,

Oh sorry I missed the rendering part, So yeah, What you have is pretty solid then. You plan to upgrade in the future so you are ready for upgrades with this system.

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Oh sorry I missed the rendering part, So yeah, What you have is pretty solid then. You plan to upgrade in the future so you are ready for upgrades with this system.

Thanks for your opinion and your quick response :3

Thanks for your opinion and your quick response :3

Not a problem, Glad I could help.

You should really include an ssd considering your budget even if you have to compromise a part or two.

An ssd from an hdd is the most noticeable upgrade you can make.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

You should really include an ssd considering your budget even if you have to compromise a part or two.

An ssd from an hdd is the most noticeable upgrade you can make.

Yeah I know but I am upgrading from IDE drives so it will be enormous anyway

Yeah I know but I am upgrading from IDE drives so it will be enormous anyway

It's worth it to bump down your parts for a bit to get an ssd still. It's not like you're using Linux. An ssd makes a world of difference.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

It's worth it to bump down your parts for a bit to get an ssd still. It's not like you're using Linux. An ssd makes a world of difference.

Ok, I'll look into it, any good 'bang for buck' SSD tips for me?

Ok, I'll look into it, any good 'bang for buck' SSD tips for me?

Samsung 840 (non pro) 120 or 250GB. Whichever is enough to hold your OS and applications.

The 120GB is generally enough but the 250GB is enough for some games as well.

RAM:                 Corsair XMS3 16GB DDR3 1333MHz CL9

GPU:                 XFX HD7970 Double Dissipation

Ok, GPU bad, HDD bad. 

Don't spend ur money on a crappy WD Black. Get a Barracuda from Seagate instead 1TB. The WD Black is crappy. Also, don't get a 7970. Get let's say a GTX 680 instead.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Ok, GPU bad, HDD bad. 

Don't spend ur money on a crappy WD Black. Get a Barracuda from Seagate instead 1TB. The WD Black is crappy. Also, don't get a 7970. Get let's say a GTX 680 instead.

How is the Caviar Black crappy? It out performs the caviar blue and the seagate barracuda which are staples of storage for builds. 

Ok, GPU bad, HDD bad. 

What? A 7970 is an awesome card. It has A much better price/performance ratio than the 680.

The Arctic Demon:  i7 4770k | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F12s | (2) Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 Crossfire | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance RAM | Corsair AX 850 | Samsung 840 500 GB | Corsair Vengeance C70 Arctic White | NZXT Hue 

Peripherals: Logitech G600 gaming mouse | Cooler Master CM Storm Quickfire with Cherry MX Green Switches | QNIX QX2710 LED 2560x1440p PLS monitor | Logitech Rumblepad 2

If you go the 7970 route (or any ATi card) don't go XFX....they voltage lock their cards thus limiting your free performance from overclocking. Just an FYI.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

If you go the 7970 route (or any ATi card) don't go XFX....they voltage lock their cards thus limiting your free performance from overclocking. Just an FYI.

This. Sapphire, MSI and Asus are better.

The Arctic Demon:  i7 4770k | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F12s | (2) Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 Crossfire | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance RAM | Corsair AX 850 | Samsung 840 500 GB | Corsair Vengeance C70 Arctic White | NZXT Hue 

Peripherals: Logitech G600 gaming mouse | Cooler Master CM Storm Quickfire with Cherry MX Green Switches | QNIX QX2710 LED 2560x1440p PLS monitor | Logitech Rumblepad 2

XFX also has a black version of the card, will that come lock free, it should though. (for some reason that one is a bit cheaper, I thought most black editions were more expensive)

I am unsure of the black editions honestly.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

i think you should go with higher speed ram.

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

i think you should go with higher speed ram.

What speed do you recommend?

What speed do you recommend?

1600 at the least. if you do heavy editing, 1866 and up should get a noticeable perf boost.

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

1600 at the least. if you do heavy editing, 1866 and up should get a noticeable perf boost.

I looked, I am going to get the Kingston Hyper X black 16gb ddr3 1600MHz (2x8gb)

Also changed from an XFX video card to the ASUS Direct CU 2 HD7970