Best MOBA mouse for palm grip?

misthosg

I have the G600 and use it daily, a few things of note:

People complain it's heavy as if pushing 132g somehow is tough. The feet are really good and glide easily on my Steelseries 4HD mat.

It's quite wide which suits me as I have a larger hand. I use a hybrid claw/palm grip as it's easier for my longer fingers.

Cord is braided and quite long, not too thick or stiff. I have it held in a Razer Bungee I received as a gift, does the job.

It does use a laser sensor and I had to play with the settings quite a lot to get it to the point I found it responsive. It's certainly not as good as my G502 but apples and oranges.

Plus side the Logitech Gaming software is easy to use, and the mouse has a nice sturdy build quality.

What was off about the sensor at first?

Build: CPU: i7-4790k @4.4 GHz 1.2v | GPU: Sapphire R9 380 Nitro | Memory: 16GB Evga SSC | Storage: 250GB 850 Evo, 1 TB Toshiba HDD | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 7  | Cooling: Aigo T120 RGB | Case: NZXT S340 | PSU: Antec HCG 520w | OS: Windows 10 | Keyboard: Corsair K70, Cherry MX Reds | Mouse: Logitech G600 | Monitor: LG 27UD58-B | Headset: Audio-Technica M40x w/ Modmic and Bravo Audio V2 Tube Amplifier 

I have the G600 and use it daily, a few things of note:

People complain it's heavy as if pushing 132g somehow is tough. The feet are really good and glide easily on my Steelseries 4HD mat.

It's quite wide which suits me as I have a larger hand. I use a hybrid claw/palm grip as it's easier for my longer fingers.

Cord is braided and quite long, not too thick or stiff. I have it held in a Razer Bungee I received as a gift, does the job.

It does use a laser sensor and I had to play with the settings quite a lot to get it to the point I found it responsive. It's certainly not as good as my G502 but apples and oranges.

Plus side the Logitech Gaming software is easy to use, and the mouse has a nice sturdy build quality.

Is it still worth it? I would really like to purchase the mouse but I do not want to suffer from sensor issues :( Any other food MOBA mice that you know of? I really like the g600, what exactly was wrong with the sensor before you adjusted the settings?

Build: CPU: i7-4790k @4.4 GHz 1.2v | GPU: Sapphire R9 380 Nitro | Memory: 16GB Evga SSC | Storage: 250GB 850 Evo, 1 TB Toshiba HDD | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 7  | Cooling: Aigo T120 RGB | Case: NZXT S340 | PSU: Antec HCG 520w | OS: Windows 10 | Keyboard: Corsair K70, Cherry MX Reds | Mouse: Logitech G600 | Monitor: LG 27UD58-B | Headset: Audio-Technica M40x w/ Modmic and Bravo Audio V2 Tube Amplifier 

Is it still worth it? I would really like to purchase the mouse but I do not want to suffer from sensor issues :( Any other food MOBA mice that you know of? I really like the g600, what exactly was wrong with the sensor before you adjusted the settings?

I understand there's a lot of hate on these forums for Razer, but I've used a Razer Naga for 5+ years (the original!) with absolutely 0 complaints.  It's comfy to use, never had a tracking issue.  Now that I've gotten used to the buttons on the side I can't imagine using the number row again for gaming, in the event my mouse eventually dies (again, going 5 years strong) I will instantly buy another Naga. If you want to use it specifically for MOBAs why not look at the Naga Hex?

CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K GPU: Gigabyte AORUS GTX 1080Ti 11GB RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 AORUS MASTER PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850W 80+ Gold Storage: Samsung 970 Pro 512GB M.2 / Samsung 860 Evo 2TB 2.5" CPU Cooler: Corsair H150i Pro Case: Lian Li Lancool One

What was off about the sensor at first?

Going from a good optical sensor to a 'gaming laser' I notice there's an accuracy difference at some dpi settings. I had to turn off things like acceleration (which you should anyway) and keep the dpi under 900 for it to be comfortable in games.

I switch from somewhere around 700-800 dpi (depending on which) in game, to 1000 dpi for windows because its my personal preference for my 25" 1440p screen. It will differ from person to person and their setups.

I would definitely recommend you buy the mouse, especially at that price, I was merely commenting that you might need to experiment with the settings a bit - but that probably should be a given.

I understand there's a lot of hate on these forums for Razer, but I've used a Razer Naga for 5+ years (the original!) with absolutely 0 complaints.  It's comfy to use, never had a tracking issue.  Now that I've gotten used to the buttons on the side I can't imagine using the number row again for gaming, in the event my mouse eventually dies (again, going 5 years strong) I will instantly buy another Naga. If you want to use it specifically for MOBAs why not look at the Naga Hex?

Yeah, the hex would be much better for mobas but also, I'm going to start playing StarCraft 2, is the g600 worth it for playing StarCraft and MOBAs like league and Dota 2?

Going from a good optical sensor to a 'gaming laser' I notice there's an accuracy difference at some dpi settings. I had to turn off things like acceleration (which you should anyway) and keep the dpi under 900 for it to be comfortable in games.

I switch from somewhere around 700-800 dpi (depending on which) in game, to 1000 dpi for windows because its my personal preference for my 25" 1440p screen. It will differ from person to person and their setups.

I would definitely recommend you buy the mouse, especially at that price, I was merely commenting that you might need to experiment with the settings a bit - but that probably should be a given.

Right now, I have a Mad Catz RAT 3 and I keep my DPI at around 3500. I know I should decrease for MOBAs anyways, but how will the sensors fair at around 2500 DPI?

Right now, I have a Mad Catz RAT 3 and I keep my DPI at around 3500. I know I should decrease for MOBAs anyways, but how will the sensors fair at around 2500 DPI?

Most of my comments are based on my playing FPS style games where high dpi isn't recommended. The mouse itself is perfectly usable at 2400dpi for me - that was on Civilisation BE, I haven't tried it any higher.

I probably shouldn't comment because under no circumstance will I ever use any mouse at 3000+dpi whatsoever.

Razer Naga Hex MOBA PC Gaming Mouse

That's a good deal for that mouse. I don't see why not.

I know you aren't very fond of Razer products, but how is the Naga Hex?

Will it work for a somewhat palm grip?

However, now that I really think of it I am also so what of a finger grip as well

I know you aren't very fond of Razer products, but how is the Naga Hex?

Will it work for a somewhat palm grip?

Naga is still only of OK build quality in the hand to me, but ask @TheProfosist as he owns a Naga.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Naga is still only of OK build quality in the hand to me, but ask @TheProfosist as he owns a Naga.

What's your favorite wired MOBA mouse that is made for somewhat of a palm grip?

What's your favorite wired MOBA mouse that is made for somewhat of a palm grip?

It's not going to be the same as yours, though the G602 is one of them.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

It's not going to be the same as yours, though the G602 is one of them.

I dont know if that qualifies...

Sorry I was thinking MMO's for MOBA's does it really matter?

They are relatively interchangeable. As long as it has programmable buttons, because I might start playing starcraft 2 or some WoW

MOBAs generally have less needed buttons

Logitech G602 or G700s.

I ended up getting a g600 for $14.11 after sale and certificate :)

I ended up getting a g600 for $14.11 after sale and certificate :)

G600 actually has a great shape and I love the third ring finger click. I really with they did one with a reduced number of buttons on the side and the rest of the parts updated to match the X02 lineup. @Charger will have to sell me what he thinks once I send him one.

G600 actually has a great shape and I love the third ring finger click. I really with they did one with a reduced number of buttons on the side and the rest of the parts updated to match the X02 lineup. @Charger will have to sell me what he thinks once I send him one.

Yeah I love it so far :)