need help with broken windows 8.1

Hi guys, yesterday i uninstalled avast and installed bitdefender(i got a code for it, only reason for changing, everything worked perfectly) then followed to reboot and i get a message "attempting recovery" after attempting to look into the problem i found that i cannot boot to any safe mode, or refresh laptop, also found an error code 0xc000000f and acpi.sys missing or corrupt. I cant afford to lose any date. What to do?

Hi guys, yesterday i uninstalled avast and installed bitdefender(i got a code for it, only reason for changing, everything worked perfectly) then followed to reboot and i get a message "attempting recovery" after attempting to look into the problem i found that i cannot boot to any safe mode, or refresh laptop, also found an error code 0xc000000f and acpi.sys missing or corrupt. I cant afford to lose any date. What to do?

Best thing would be to take the HDD out of the computer and copy all valuable files off it.

Then try to repair the installation with a installation disk/usb.

Well ACPI is a thing used by SATA. Basically, Windows cant boot because it doesn't recognize the SATA controller completely or the hard drive.

I agree with the other guy, you need to take the disk out of the machine and use another machine to retrieve the sensitive data. Otherwise ANY repair attempt on the drive could loose your data.

If you need further or more specific help let me know.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

Best thing would be to take the HDD out of the computer and copy all valuable files off it.

Then try to repair the installation with a installation disk/usb.

I thought to do that but there is no easy access to hdd without removing the rubber pads on bottom of monitor and im afraid i could lose warranty if i do that  

I thought to do that but there is no easy access to hdd without removing the rubber pads on bottom of monitor and im afraid i could lose warranty if i do that  

What laptop exactly? Removing the HDD most of the time won't void warranty,

If you would send it in for warranty for this issue they would wipe the HDD anyways meaning that all of your files would be gone.

attempt to boot to Hiren's boot CD and attempt recovery by mounting the drive.

--Neil Hanlon

Operations Engineer

What laptop exactly? Removing the HDD most of the time won't void warranty,

If you would send it in for warranty for this issue they would wipe the HDD anyways meaning that all of your files would be gone.

Its toshiba p50...never getting toshiba again

Its toshiba p50...never getting toshiba again

You would need to take of the backcover and a few screws it's not that bad.

No warranty stickers are on the screws so you should be fine.

attempt to boot to Hiren's boot CD and attempt recovery by mounting the drive.

I have no cds, can i do it from usb? If you give me some basic steps ill see if that works

You would need to take of the backcover and a few screws it's not that bad.

No warranty stickers are on the screws so you should be fine.

Just did that, about 20 screws later, i got it out. Now its taking its time copying data

After trying everything, i copied all my important stuff of it(on usb 2.0) it took 4 freaking hours, today im doing a fresh install. Lesson: Be careful with antivirus...especially bitdefender, i got a second bill from them today(first one was 30 which i bought online and the one that came today was 80 ) which they took from my account without my permission.

What antivirus should i get this time? So it won't do this to me?

Hold shift and pound the F8 key. If that don't work, purposely power off the computer when it's booting up. Eventually Win8 will launch the recovery console. Go to advanced options and run system restore.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list