Did I kill my keyboard?

Guest Console Peasant
Go to solution Solved by Guest Console Peasant,

What keyboard is it?

It's probably fine. Just let it dry out.

some compaqq piece of shit, but i love it

After cleaning my keys on my keyboard I think I killed my keyboard, because the rag I was using was a tiny little bit damp, but it confuses me because there was less than a half mL of water on there and it still disconnected, I placed the keyboard upside down and am going to leave it overnight, lord help me, what have I done?

After cleaning my keys on my keyboard I think I killed my keyboard, because the rag I was using was a tiny little bit damp, but it confuses me because there was less than a half mL of water on there and it still disconnected, I placed the keyboard upside down and am going to leave it overnight, lord help me, what have I done?

chances are your keyboard is fine, and if you haven't connected it since then, then you definitely haven't damaged anything.

with a keyboard disconnected you can straight up wash it in a sink(totally not recommended). as long as it dries before you apply power, it will be just fine.

What keyboard is it?

--Neil Hanlon

Operations Engineer

What keyboard is it?

some compaqq piece of shit, but i love it

chances are your keyboard is fine, and if you haven't connected it since then, then you definitely haven't damaged anything.

with a keyboard disconnected you can straight up wash it in a sink(totally not recommended). as long as it dries before you apply power, it will be just fine.

how long I was planning to play tonight?

how long I was planning to play tonight?

Well then I'm sorry to say but I'd say leave it overnight.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

Well then I'm sorry to say but I'd say leave it overnight.

:[ am I okay to put the keys back in place?

I think I reconnected it once after it disconnected, :(?

:[ am I okay to put the keys back in place?

I'd leave them off, but I doubt it'd make the situation much worse if you put the back on.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

I totally once washed a membrane keyboard with windex, a yard hose w/ a high pressure nozzle, and a bristled brush. Those things are damn near indestructable. 

A mechanical keyboard, slightly less so, but you should be totally fine xD

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

I totally once washed a membrane keyboard with windex, a yard hose w/ a high pressure nozzle, and a bristled brush. Those things are damn near indestructable. 

A mechanical keyboard, slightly less so, but you should be totally fine xD

how long did you dry it for?

i think it's fine

My Old Rig: Phenom II X4 965 4.0 ghz, Asus Motherboard, 4 GB DDR3-1333, Antec Case and PSU, no video card atm

My New Rig: i5-4590, MSI Motherboard, 8 GB DDR3-1600, Corsair Case, XFX PSU, HD 7950

how long did you dry it for?

I used a blow dryer and had it completely disassembled in the sun for about 8 hours while i was at work.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

I have membrane keyboard and I basically make it take a shower, I literally dip it in a bucket of water, it types fine(typing on it right now) its a really old hp ruber dome keyboard

I have membrane keyboard and I basically make it take a shower, I literally dip it in a bucket of water, it types fine(typing on it right now) its a really old hp ruber dome keyboard

Well i've waited until my last post, do we think it's safe to connect? I have memories with this piece of shit

UPDATE I plugged her in and she lives :D Long live my non-mechanical keyboard 

UPDATE I plugged her in and she lives :D Long live my non-mechanical keyboard 

Glad to hear it mate even though if  I were you, It would be a great excuse for me to upgrade to a mechanical, still waiting for my piece of shit to die

Glad to hear it mate even though if  I were you, It would be a great excuse for me to upgrade to a mechanical, still waiting for my piece of shit to die

As long as the keyboard is not complete trash you will be waiting forever for any keyboard to die

I don't know if it have died or not... 

But where I worked before. We usually just unplugged the keyboards. Washed them as if they were a plate (not in the dishwasher. Just to get that clear. Only under running water with soap). Left them for a week. And they worked fine. Although, those keyboards were the HP Keyboards you find everywhere. 

I would not suggest doing this with mechanical keyboards though xD