Identify this card

GhostWindGamer
Go to solution Solved by Briggsy,

The cooler is a spare Galaxy 750ti cooler with different stickers, but the I/O on the back of the ebay card is not a 700 series card.

_1417228.jpg

Based on the I/O, it is highly likely that the ebay card is an Nvidia 250 GTS, but the color of the ports seem generic, which means it could be an oem rebrand of a 250 GTS, with a 750ti Galaxy cooler slapped on.

4.jpg

Hey guys @Unlikelyjoker and I have found this scam card on EBAY (no big deal right) but I decided to look more into it and I’m having a lot of issues of finding what card this really is. It is advertised as a GTX 780. 

And what really gives it away for me are the badly placed Nvidia stickers placed on the fans.

What’s confused me the most it has a semi modern Galaxy cooler with a DVI, VGA and a single HDMI

(Hell the cooler could of just been slapped on by the looks of those cables)

One of the issues we have had while trying to identify the card is the PCB seems to long for a low-end card but the output is to low-end for a high to mid end GPU. But it also has the ability to be used in SLI. Anybody got any ideas.

post-85480-0-28480300-1431183713_thumb.j post-85480-0-44316800-1431184006.jpg 

probably a 560Ti or something

*edit* now that I think of it, It might even be much older than that, quite possibly an 8000 or 9000 series GTX card with a fake bios.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

The guys keyboard is shit.

Probs why he be scamming

p.s i dont like the guys hands they look like twigs.

p.p.s also advertised as 2gb of ddr4 with a 128 bit memory bus

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

Zotac has used yellow ports a lot in the past. Depending on the price I'd pick it up just to see what it is.

157.50USD

4 bids......

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

157.50USD

4 bids......

I'd do everything you can to report the seller to ebay. Somebody is about to have a really bad day when they realize they're getting a card as old as their firstborn.

FX-8350 | GA-990FXA-UD3 | G.SKILL 2x8GB 1600MHz | 1TB WD RE4 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI R9 290x Lightning | Corsair AX860i | Silverstone FT05B-W

Pentium G3258 | MSI Z97 PC Mate | G.SKILL 4x4GB 1066MHz | 500GB Samsung 2.5" | Stock cooler | Pending GPU | EVGA 500B | Antec DF-35

GoPro Hero 3 Silver | Netgear R7000 Nighthawk with DD-WRT | HP Officejet Pro 8610 | Canon iP110 | AudioTechnica ATR2500 USB

Downdraft cooler for mITX board (new build) | Desk mount mic stand | Pop filter | Anti-vibration mount for microphone | mITX case | 3rd monitor (matching existing 23.1" | Intel Core i7-4790K (for mITX build)

I'd do everything you can to report the seller to ebay. Somebody is about to have a really bad day when they realize they're getting a card as old as their firstborn.

We probably should 

Is this a bad time to say i don't have an account :l

- WCCFTECH

The cooler is a spare Galaxy 750ti cooler with different stickers, but the I/O on the back of the ebay card is not a 700 series card.

_1417228.jpg

Based on the I/O, it is highly likely that the ebay card is an Nvidia 250 GTS, but the color of the ports seem generic, which means it could be an oem rebrand of a 250 GTS, with a 750ti Galaxy cooler slapped on.

4.jpg

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Probably a relabelled GTS 250 although the bios is hacked to show as a 780 in Windows, it's definitely not a current card. Some guy over reddit tested one (his was a GTS250) if you do some digging the issue has been explored on overclockers forums amongst other places.

Link:http://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/2exvob/upcoming_benchmark_of_the_chinese_gtx780/

Although the card shown here has a different cooler. 

EDIT: Briggsy  beat me to it on calling out the card for what it actually is. 

Double edit: most likely originally purchased from:

http://www.aliexpress.com/cheap/cheap-gtx-780.html

Oi. That's a bit steep.

Its well worth the price just for the mystery...

- WCCFTECH

GTS 250 apparently according to the internet. 

buy it, bench it, burn it.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

The cooler is a spare Galaxy 750ti cooler with different stickers. but the I/O on the back of the ebay card is not a 700 series card.

I it highly likely based on the I/O, that it is an Nvidia 250 GTS, but the color of the ports seem generic, which means it could be an oem rebrand of a 250 GTS, with a 750ti Galaxy cooler slapped on.

Exactly what i was thinking when i saw* this.

099921d63b1c5c472db10c9170c7a729.jpg 

Someone should ask him a question about it LOL

- WCCFTECH

Is this a bad time to say i don't have an account :l

Found the page... Did the 780 even come in a 2GB card? Looks like it was also updated to say DDR5 in the title

FX-8350 | GA-990FXA-UD3 | G.SKILL 2x8GB 1600MHz | 1TB WD RE4 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI R9 290x Lightning | Corsair AX860i | Silverstone FT05B-W

Pentium G3258 | MSI Z97 PC Mate | G.SKILL 4x4GB 1066MHz | 500GB Samsung 2.5" | Stock cooler | Pending GPU | EVGA 500B | Antec DF-35

GoPro Hero 3 Silver | Netgear R7000 Nighthawk with DD-WRT | HP Officejet Pro 8610 | Canon iP110 | AudioTechnica ATR2500 USB

Downdraft cooler for mITX board (new build) | Desk mount mic stand | Pop filter | Anti-vibration mount for microphone | mITX case | 3rd monitor (matching existing 23.1" | Intel Core i7-4790K (for mITX build)

Found the page... Did the 780 even come in a 2GB card? Looks like it was also updated to say DDR5 in the title

Never in 2gb

GTS 250 apparently according to the internet. 

buy it, bench it, burn it.

Or freeze it with LN2.. Then bring out a Titan X and throw that on LN2 and rek it. :P

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Mystery solved thanks dude :)

Or freeze it with LN2.. Then bring out a Titan X and throw that on LN2 and rek it. :P

My titan X is still a few months off :(

Double edit: most likely originally purchased from:

http://www.aliexpress.com/cheap/cheap-gtx-780.html

That Aliexpress link is so damning lol.  :lol:

I'll stick to my retarded fast 970... Retarded fast for a Strix... :P

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Yes my child pre-order my lovely card....

- WCCFTECH

Yes my child pre-order my lovely card....

Ok

BORN FOR YOU, BURN FOR GAME

HTB1IgKRFVXXXXcyaXXXq6xXFXXXq.jpg?size=1

- WCCFTECH

Also realized that the 780 never came with VGA, as far as I could find. Submitting a question to the seller.

hH6Cd.png

Also realized that the 780 never came with VGA, as far as I could find. Submitting a question to the seller.

I'd like to report him but I haven't got a account yet

I just found the ebay page based on the item number in the picture above. their reason for selling is awesome.

Bought this for a 'friend' who then figured out he couldn't afford it.  I just hope to make my money back. :-)

Works fine as I had my son the gamer checker to make sure it worked.