Worst hype letdown

linuxfan66

Every CoD after MW2. :|

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack

NFS Most Wanted 2012 and Duke Nukem Forever.

Wait, there was hype for that assed shovelware?

Oh yes, there was some hype over that game.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

watchdogs, and GTA 5 not that abd, but not as good as i thought it was going to be..But still a great game

may ask what exactly were you expecting from GTA V?  That game to me has everything and then some.  The amount of painstaking detail they have added is beyond belief,  I still can't believe the little details I find sometimes.  I can only imagine how much better with mods.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (v2.0). Naoki Yoshida and his team hyped version 2.0 to no fucking end (and even lied to all legacy players), and in the end, the previous version (1.2, NOT 1.0)was actually better than what they delivered. They seemed on track to develop a good, interesting, and, for the first time in a whole decade, refreshing MMORPG, and in the end they turned 2.0 into yet another WoW wannabe. I'm still super salty about that. The way things were going, I was hoping this game would finally be a return to form of sorts for the genre, without a massive focus on dungeon finders, token grinds, absolutely retarded fetch quests everywhere, and combat with a little bit of depth. But nope. Making it as brainless and as similar as possible to WoW is what sells... :/

Elder Scrolls Online and Watch Dogs are the most recent ones.

All of the Fable games.

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

1. next gen consoles

battlefield 4

watch dogs

MSI X99S SLI PLUS  // Intel Core i7-5960X Processor (8 x 3.0 GHz) // Corsair Hydro Series H80i Cooling // 32 GB DDR4 High End Crucial 2133 MHz RAM

2 x 4096 MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 //2 x 500 GB SATA III Samsung 840 EVO SSD // 4000 GB SATA III, 7200upm // 1000 Watt Silverstone Strider SS //Creative Sound Blaster Z

Cooler Master Cosmos II Big Tower (ATX)

Dead Island following it's announcement trailer.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

Anything Ubisoft lol. But on a serious note it has to be driveclub.

Elder Scrolls Online

Ditto

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

dayz, I really liked the lone wolf style in the mod and I played it for awhile but the game just killed it

Its all about those volumetric clouds

Halo Reach was my biggest and last letdown though several smaller disappointments led up to it, after that disaster of a game I adopted a no hype policy. When I find a game that looks interesting, I bookmark or add it to a wishlist and forget about it and ignore anything that I hear about it until release. I don't watch videos or read promotional material or even look at screenshots. Once it comes out I do all the required research to find out about the game and decide whether or not to get it based on what I see.

Even if a game isn't super hyped by a publisher or other gamers I can still build up unrealistic expectations about it by constantly looking at material about the game, I've done this a lot and while there have been games where I've done that and they actually turned out good I still have a bit of lingering disappointment in the back of my mind about it not meeting my expectations. Sometimes they are truly silly and I know full well that's the case but I still can't help but get disappointed.

Since I adopted my no hype policy I've only been disappointed by one game that I bought and it wasn't even the game's fault as the game is great. I was disappointed because the Dev went under due to poor management and wasn't able to make anymore content for the game. I have been disappointed in other games that I was interested in but ended up being crap but I avoided most of the disappointment by doing the proper research before committing to the purchase.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

probably GTA 5 on PC, nothing but issues since day 1, and Rockstar's support team is utterly stupid, and just waists your time trying to get you to do stuff you told them you already did. Oh, and Watch_Dogs, that game is pure unadulterated shit.

CPU - Ryzen 7 2700 CPU Cooler - Cooler Master ML240R Motherboard - ASUS X470-PRO RAM - Team Group Vulcan 2400Mhz 16GB GPU - EVGA RTX 2070 Black SSD - Kingston A400 120GB, ADATA SU650 1TB HDD - Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU - Seasonic Focus+ 650W Case - Fractal Design Define C Keyboard - Corsair K60 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech LS21 2.1 w/ sub Headphones - ATM 50X Racing Wheel - Logitech G27 Monitors -  ASUS VS228H-P x2

What is the worst hype letdown that wasnt Destiny, Duke Nukem Forever, Sonic Lost World, or any other most obvious answers that you experienced?

Sonic Lost World is mine...

Titanfall

Watchdogs

Every Assassins Creed game since Revelations.

CPU - i7 8700K / Motherboard - ROG Strix Z370 E/ RAM - 32GB Cosair Vengeance DDR / GPU  - GTX 1080ti - EVGA FTW3 / PSU - Seasonic Snow Silent 750W / Cooling - Cryorig H7 Monitor - Acer X34 Predator / Sound - Corsair Void - Case - Meshify C

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (v2.0). Naoki Yoshida and his team hyped version 2.0 to no fucking end (and even lied to all legacy players), and in the end, the previous version (1.2, NOT 1.0)was actually better than what they delivered. They seemed on track to develop a good, interesting, and, for the first time in a whole decade, refreshing MMORPG, and in the end they turned 2.0 into yet another WoW wannabe. I'm still super salty about that. The way things were going, I was hoping this game would finally be a return to form of sorts for the genre, without a massive focus on dungeon finders, token grinds, absolutely retarded fetch quests everywhere, and combat with a little bit of depth. But nope. Making it as brainless and as similar as possible to WoW is what sells... :/

I still love that game. Yes it is more or less WOW with a FF skin on it but I do not think that is a bad thing.

Very excited for the Heavensward expansion.

CPU - i7 8700K / Motherboard - ROG Strix Z370 E/ RAM - 32GB Cosair Vengeance DDR / GPU  - GTX 1080ti - EVGA FTW3 / PSU - Seasonic Snow Silent 750W / Cooling - Cryorig H7 Monitor - Acer X34 Predator / Sound - Corsair Void - Case - Meshify C

I still love that game. Yes it is more or less WOW with a FF skin on it but I do not think that is a bad thing.

Very excited for the Heavensward expansion.

It's probably better than WoW at this moment.

It's not an actual retail release but... Lost Alpha.

It started as a map mod for Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl, ended up turning into a huge overhaul, gained the attention of GSC GameWorld (the company that owns the franchise), became a standalone remake of the original game, was cleared to be sold rather than released for free, was in development and hyped for years...

Then it all came crashing to the ground when some fool leaked an old build and the modders/developers in charge of the project decided to release what was essentially a buggy, unfinished mess to combat the leak instead of hunkering down and finishing the game.

The result is a very thin, empty, lifeless world, with broken AI and mechanics. 

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

It's not an actual retail release but... Lost Alpha.

It started as a map mod for Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl, ended up turning into a huge overhaul, gained the attention of GSC GameWorld (the company that owns the franchise), became a standalone remake of the original game, was cleared to be sold rather than released for free, was in development and hyped for years...

Then it all came crashing to the ground when some fool leaked an old build and the modders/developers in charge of the project decided to release what was essentially a buggy, unfinished mess to combat the leak instead of hunkering down and finishing the game.

The result is a very thin, empty, lifeless world, with broken AI and mechanics. 

Well that was stupid...

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

It's probably better than WoW at this moment.

That doesn't say much. That game has been awful for about a decade now, and has introduced every single one of the most annoying "traits" that MMOs have these days, like weekly token grinds, super steep vertical progression that leaves practically no equipment options up to the players and keeps content basically restricted to just the latest, everything else is "too old" and practically worthless in a matter of 3 to 5 months (if it weren't for transmog, every player would look the exact same every 3 months), brainless fetch quests absolutely everywhere, dungeon finder, a combat system that is simply a skillbar masher, a world that is just a glorified dungeon finder lobby... it just sucks, and it's massive popularity doesn't change that. :/

That doesn't say much. That game has been awful for about a decade now, and has introduced every single one of the most annoying "traits" that MMOs have these days, like weekly token grinds, super steep vertical progression that leaves practically no equipment options up to the players and keeps content basically restricted to just the latest, everything else is "too old" and practically worthless in a matter of 3 to 5 months (if it weren't for transmog, every player would look the exact same every 3 months), brainless fetch quests absolutely everywhere, dungeon finder, a combat system that is simply a skillbar masher, a world that is just a glorified dungeon finder lobby... it just sucks, and it's massive popularity doesn't change that. :/

While I don't agree with you, I can see why you think this way. The game is not good at the moment due to a serious lack of actual playable content and implementation of facebook game style quests with daily grind and cooldowns, but it is a good game nonetheless.